perlick 650ss

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've worked out I can get them delivered for $78 each from the U.S. based on buying four. Includes exchange rate and delivery.

Blind Dog said:
They're listed at $89 on their website, how'd you manage $79?
Your right, I just checked the invoice, they were $89 each

Maybe I just told my wife they were $79 :-/

Just gonna piggyback on this thread rather than creating a new one.

Does anyone have an idea of how short a length of hose I can get away with using these? I've got a pretty tiny keezer build on the go and I'm not gonna have a whole lot of room for excess amounts of hose. I've read elsewhere that I'll want to have at least 2m of hose to get a good pour. Does that still hold true with these taps?

Sorry if these are dumb questions and thanks in advance.

Jamie

TehCrucible said:

Does anyone have an idea of how short a length of hose I can get away with using these? I've got a pretty tiny keezer build on the go and I'm not gonna have a whole lot of room for excess amounts of hose. I've read elsewhere that I'll want to have at least 2m of hose to get a good pour. Does that still hold true with these taps?

Jamie
I'm using the chromed perlick flow controls and have about 40cm of line on each tap to the keg - these shouldn't be any different.

TehCrucible said:

Jamie
Go as short as you want.
I have 1m of line on my two taps & I have no issues at all. What you might find is the shorter you go, the less open throttle you can run them. I never open mine more than the neutral position with the flow control. Any more open than that & it's pouring too quick.

Yep same, 1 metre each liquid line with mine too, i get a good range of pour rates between fully open and closed also

My lines are still 3m long from the old Chinese taps I replaced, I need the flow control open a bit over half or it dribbles out

I think I'll put new lines in, I'll try 1m long

Mine are random lengths that suit the opening of the fridge door, 4 taps, all under 1 meter. Best thing I have bought for my kegs set up.

What type of hose are you using for the beer lines? Is the bunnings stuff ok?

The stuff at Bunnings is not beer line.

I've got Bevex, not sure how good that is? Bit stiff for my liking if anything but that may be desired for push in fittings.

Does anyone have issues with slight bubbles in the liquid line? What typically causes it? I assume it can't be a leak in the keg, disconnect or post o-ring as its under pressure and wouldnt allow air in. So does that mean it can only be CO2 coming out of solution? Would that be caused by turbulence? My lines are all refrigerated and its a fan forced fridge, the taps are at ambient but 2/3 of their shanks are actually refrigerated also..... I'm stumped? After first pour the bubbles are not immediately there, more like 10-30mins later there are bubbles which have risen into the shank/tap/john guest fitting. First pour spits then the flow is nice and steady, but prevents the first pour being as good as the subsequent pours...

Mine does the same Dj. I find if I open the tap for a short squirt then drink that frothy bit it pours pretty good after that. I'm only using a cheapy tap though. I'm looking around now at what taps are best to buy I'm thinking the 650ss if I can find a good price on them.

Latest posts

Back