• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

[per] For Sale Pride Of Ringwood Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samward

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have 3 POR hop plants in pots that need to go due to the recent addition of a dog. They had grown to about 10', but I had to chop them back to remove them (but they are already rapidly re-growing).

I'm looking for $25 per plant (including pot) pickup.

Cheers
Sam

It would help if people put their location on their profile wouldn't it............. :rolleyes:

perth....it says in the thread heading....

Sorry about that.

As the title says, Perth. More specifically, Wanneroo.

:icon_offtopic: sorry to OP but I just had to laugh at Wanneroo, you only need to stick a t on the end
smiley-sex006.gif

:icon_offtopic: sorry to OP but I just had to laugh at Wanneroo, you only need to stick a t on the end
smiley-sex006.gif

Just be glad I don't live in Innaloo (And yes that is a real suburb in Perth).

Are these hops certified 'Pride Of Gringo'? I was just reading on home brewing wiki that Tettnang and Saaz hops may be genetically identical. That's odd because I bought a Saaz and Tett off Ebay from the same seller and at this point in time the Tett is about a foot tall and the Saaz bolted months ago. I estimate if I had the structure to support it the Saaz would have gone 10 metres. :blink:
Until now I was actually impressed with how uniform my numerous varieties were when compared with the descriptions I was reading from other growers about how there different varieties are growing, time of flowering etc.

lol Just kidding about the certification.

I have 3 POR hop plants in pots that need to go due to the recent addition of a dog.
Care to elaborate what that's about? I have my full quota of hounds and not nearly enough hops in pots and the ground- they all seem to be happy co- existing.

I believe hops are toxic to dogs. Whether they happily eat them is another story.

'Most' of the time even rabbits are reluctant to have a go at them. :mellow:

Care to elaborate what that's about? I have my full quota of hounds and not nearly enough hops in pots and the ground- they all seem to be happy co- existing.

From the research I did, they are extremely toxic to dogs. And our recent addition was a Husky pup, which loves to eat everything. So unfortunately the hops had to go.

They are now all sold pending collection. Cheers.

Upper Swan, Duncraig , Innaloo , Mulliyup, there are heaps of freakin funny names in Perth ...

Great spot to live ...

Matt

The second buyer fell through. So I still have 2 plants available.

Cheers
Sam

Latest posts

Back