Pauline on Q&A

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
A train driver worth his salt wouldn't get out of bed for that pittance, when they have their other sidelines to run.
What the **** are you on WEAL

God you can speak some utter bullshit at times

Next train leaving the to the WEAL railroad..... All aboard!

Ducatiboy stu said:
I actually know a train driver.....he doesnt earn $100k
i know one to.. and he earns more than that...
Works in a coal terminal and spends a large portion of the time either travelling 5km/hr and offloading coal or stopped waiting for the train in front to do something

SBOB said:
i know one to.. and he earns more than that...
Works in a coal terminal and spends a large portion of the time either travelling 5km/hr and offloading coal or stopped waiting for the train in front to do something
Yes, there are some who do the mines that earn good money, but all of them, only a few...very few

SBOB said:
having seen how much some drivers get paid in mining to drive a big tonka truck from one end of a pit to the other, automating that does make sense for both a safety and efficiency sense..

though think of how many engineers gained work.. swings and roundabouts ;)
Seems to be more get thrown off the swings ans roundabouts than get on though.

Also no matter how far ahead progress takes us and jobs disappear the unemployment never seems to change much.
Seriously, is this trolling or what? The definition of unemplyed does change though so as to keep the figures relatively steady.

• The ABS uses internationally agreed standards in defining unemployment and the key indicators have been measured in a consistent way since 1966.
  • To be classified as unemployed a person needs to meet the following three criteria:
    - not working more than one hour in the reference week;
    - actively looking for work in previous four weeks; and
    - be available to start work in the reference week.

[*]The ABS produces a range of measures, in addition to the unemployment rate, to help users understand the extent of underutilised labour supply, such as underemployment.

madpierre06 said:
Seriously, is this trolling or what?
No...Its just WEAL's illusion of .....welI........I dont really know...

He is probably still coming to terms with Tony Abott no longer being the PM

madpierre06 said:
Seems to be more get thrown off the swings ans roundabouts than get on though.

Seriously, is this trolling or what? The definition of unemplyed does change though so as to keep the figures relatively steady.

• The ABS uses internationally agreed standards in defining unemployment and the key indicators have been measured in a consistent way since 1966.
  • To be classified as unemployed a person needs to meet the following three criteria:
    - not working more than one hour in the reference week;
    - actively looking for work in previous four weeks; and
    - be available to start work in the reference week.

[*]The ABS produces a range of measures, in addition to the unemployment rate, to help users understand the extent of underutilised labour supply, such as underemployment.
In this country we have seen lots of jobs disappear, manufacturing is at its lowest levels, jobs which people have taken for granted have gone, nothing will last forever, 5000 went from Qantas there has been 1000's lost to companies who have pulled up stumps and gone overseas, but other opportunities open up, keeping unemployment relatively low for a world in economic downturn.
It doesn't help by saying it isn't fair if you are finding it hard to get a job, the only ones I will feel sorry for are those in Syria, Iraq Lebanon and a lot of the North African nations who say life isn't fair.

Without work

This criterion is used to distinguish between those who have work and those who do not. The ABS counts everyone who works for at least one hour in the reference week as employed. While a one hour cut-off point could be argued to be insufficient to sustain a family or person financially, there are several reasons for including everyone who works at least one hour a week as employed.

From an economic perspective, any time in paid work, no matter how small, contributes to economic production and is therefore included in the national accounts. Fundamentally, labour force statistics are economic indicators and need to be coherent with other economic measures.

Socially, it is recognised that employment is associated with improved psychological and social well-being. It is therefore important to distinguish between those who have any work (even if a small number of hours) and those who do not.

By applying the one hour criterion, the ABS is measuring unemployment in an internationally consistent manner, which enables governments and policy makers to draw on international comparisons.

If the one hour criterion was not used it is not clear what cut-off should apply. Some people who work for relatively few hours each week do not necessarily want to work more hours.

Work, there are those who can't work, those who won't work,those who would like to work but are just not intelligent enough to hold down a job where even just some degree of intelligence is needed, (not their fault), those who look for work when there is nothing around which suit their particular skill, move to another field where jobs are abundant would be the advice.
Me I would get an income by fair means or foul, even if I had to get a ute and a lawnmower, I would cut the prices of other's to provide for my family, the last thing I would do is complain about how things should be because they are not what I think they should be, that won't change anything.

Work, there are those who can't work, those who won't work,those who would like to work but are just not intelligent enough to hold down a job where even just some degree of intelligence is needed, (not their fault), those who look for work when there is nothing around which suit their particular skill, move to another field where jobs are abundant would be the advice.
Me I would get an income by fair means or foul, even if I had to get a ute and a lawnmower, I would cut the prices of other's to provide for my family, the last thing I would do is complain about how things should be because they are not what I think they should be, that won't change anything.
WEAL, to be honest, I completely respect your single minded drive to work and provide for your family when there are many who don't have that same drive. But we are in community, whether we like it or not...and there has to be consideration for others or else we end with complete anarchy where in the end no one survives. And we have govts now whose only priority is 'the economy' and 'productivity', where if you have found yourself at the bottom of the food chain you are viewed with less importance than the common single cell organism. To disregard these people is utterly selfish, irrespective of whether they want to change their circumstances or not. I'd rather starve than deliberately **** up another blokes business. Because in the end, I will be judged more harshly for what I did to him than what I do for myself.

I would cut the prices of other's to provide for my family, the last thing I would do is complain about how things should be because they are not what I think they should be, that won't change anything.
Nothing like a race to the bottom

If I ever see "WEALS lawn mowing service" I will steer well clear, and advise others to do the same

I prefer someone with ethics

Ducatiboy stu said:
Nothing like a race to the bottom

If I ever see "WEALS lawn mowing service" I will steer well clear, and advise others to do the same

I prefer someone with ethics
Would you steer clear of his 2 dollar shop?

Latest posts

Back