Paul Hogan

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i-a-n

Reaction score
Just got in from seeing him do his one man show, an illustrated monolog of his career.

If you remember his original show, enjoyed Mick Dundee etc and he's coming to a theatre near you get out and see him.

Real entertainment, well worth a punt.

Sounds awesome. I know he had some legal issues down under. Still the case? Did he talk about that at all?

I would imagine not!

We have a local folk hero who lost a lot when our IRS came knocking. Willie Nelson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmoIwmarSNo

I saw the title of this thread and thought "shit, Paul Hogan is dead".

Thankfully not, although some may disagree.

Why would you want him dead? Without him I never would have known what a knife was.

i-a-n said:
Yes, he's not a great lover of our tax officials. Especially now he's in the clear.
Perhaps he's done a runner from the United States back to here after dodging his tax payments again.

He's welcome in the US as far as I'm concerned. I would sponsor him for citizenship. I grew up on Mick Dundee, so I have nothing but love for him.

Of course I also grew up with Romper Stomper, which made me fear your people and Russell Crowe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romper_Stomper

Fantastic movie. Dark as hell.

Revisited Romper Stomper a few weeks back. Seemed a lot more brutal and darker than I remembered.

Have you seen 'Chopper' yet?

If not, please do so. Great movie. Eric Bana before he went to Hollywood and became shit.

And on a lighter note, Australia's greatest comedy, 'The Castle'.

Austin, have you watched any episodes of the Paul Hogan show? Leo Wanker, Arthur Dunger and Sprott are pretty much what sums up my love of comedy as a kid.

Chopper was a brilliant movie,

As was The Castle...just tell em there dreaming...

And Romper Stomper .....yeah...doesnt get much darker and brutal........and its not to far from the truth...

And then there is Bad Boy Bubby.........

Spiesy said:
Revisited Romper Stomper a few weeks back. Seemed a lot more brutal and darker than I remembered.

Have you seen 'Chopper' yet?

If not, please do so. Great movie. Eric Bana before he went to Hollywood and became shit.

And on a lighter note, Australia's greatest comedy, 'The Castle'.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118826/

This one? It's in my Netflix Queue. I'll watch it tonight.

I have not seen Chopper. It is better than Hulk?

LOL.

bradsbrew said:
Austin, have you watched any episodes of the Paul Hogan show? Leo Wanker, Arthur Dunger and Sprott are pretty much what sums up my love of comedy as a kid.
I have not. Didn't even know it existed. I'll find it. Any sites you're watching it on?

Ouch. If it makes you feel any better I don't have... I don't know we have most everything. It's pretty great here.

austin said:
Ouch. If it makes you feel any better I don't have... I don't know we have most everything. It's pretty great here.
Gun control? Public health system? Welfare?

Just being cheeky.

Back