Party Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aha! That's the reason not to use the pump! (Although maybe if you're serving a Hefeweizen it wouldn't matter!)

However, does it still stand to reason that you could use air from, say, a standard bike pump rather than CO2 for a 'one night stand'?

What I do use the pump for is to pressurise the keg for cleaning so I can run water through the pickup tube etc.

You forget the most important reason to use C02... even if you are planning on drinking the entire keg in a single night.

Because you can & Its heaps cooler than a bike pump.

Anyway, on mine the pump had a slow leak. The valve on them isn't all that spectacular. Plus you can get nearly another litre in the thing without the pump housing taking up space.

just bought 2 8L pressure sprayers from bunnings $12 each and will post some of my photos from making as i can't find any decent ones so people can have a better view of making them

just a quick few question

the dip tube touches the bottom of the presure sprayer how much should i shorten it to avoid all yeast

how much sugar to naturally carbonate 8L of beer

I'm not sure that you can naturally carbonate the pressure sprayers. To naturally carbonate, you need non-refridgerated temperatures, which may lead to pressures too high for the relief valve.

Anyone successfully naturally carbonated one of these beasts?

I'm not sure that you can naturally carbonate the pressure sprayers. To naturally carbonate, you need non-refridgerated temperatures, which may lead to pressures too high for the relief valve.

Yes! To 2.4 volumes.

:beer:

Yep, no problem. However.. on mine I have removed and blocked the pressure release valve. I was concerned with knocking it during transportation and causing beer to spray out in the car.

Well, 2.4 volumes sounds like it's well and truly possible. Thanks Pete.

Well, 2.4 volumes sounds like it's well and truly possible. Thanks Pete.

Bonj,

I have not used the sprayer party keg yet. I think that most of the sediment should (Hopefully?) settle in the four hollows in the bottom that are the legs of the sprayer. This is only really a trial run & if all goes well I will be removing the pressure relief valve as per afromaiko's post above. I also hope to force carbonate to 2.4\2.5 volumes in future & see how that goes.
With the pump permanently ditched I can get 9.5 litres into the el cheapo.

Removing the relief valve makes sense, thanks afro and Pete.

I haven't bought one yet, but thinking about it. 8L sounds like a good size for a party :super: :party:

9.5L is even better. That's nearly 3 more pints! :super:

Bonj,

I have not used the sprayer party keg yet. I think that most of the sediment should (Hopefully?) settle in the four hollows in the bottom that are the legs of the sprayer.

The yeast does settle in those hollows but I still cut about half a cm off the dip tube anyway. I think before I cut it the tube was just long enough to touch the bottom center raised part.

The yeast does settle in those hollows but I still cut about half a cm off the dip tube anyway. I think before I cut it the tube was just long enough to touch the bottom center raised part.

That's the length it was alright afromaiko. Cut mine about the same as you did.

so how much sugar to prime 8L and 9.5L

may take pump out not sure yet i like the idea of using it as a handle

release vows are adjustable however you will need some washers its quite easy

I cracked my party keg last night after naturally carbonating for two weeks. Beer poured sensationally! I primed about 20 litres of American Brown with 100g of table sugar and then put 5.5 litres in the party keg. So that's about 5g per litre.

As for the dip tube I cut it so it wasnt touching the bottom of the sprayer and the beer was really clear.

This setup works real well and I'll be putting another one of these together for sure! :super:

^^ everyone could bring one of those......

or everyone could bring two of these..

P1020306sml.jpg

Back