P.e.t Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fents

Not a Beer God
Reaction score
Hi ya'll

brought my little cousin a setup for his 21st b'day and he's just put down a Cooper Lager with some Crystal and some POR and Cascade, talked him through it over the phone hahaha

Anyways the only thing i didnt get him was bottles, after discussing it with him he wants to go the coopers PET bottle route - easy, unbreakable, carb drops and no capper needed..

So where can we get the bown PETS? My Local HBS (greensborough) only sells glass.....can i buy them at KMart, i know they sell the fermentor kits there as well as carp drops and caps but never just seen bottles alone?

Churs

my local bigW and kmart both sell boxes of the brown plastic bottles... i think my local coles has them too, so they shouldn't be hard to find

-Phill

I find Coles is better for brew stuff than Kmart and Big W better than Coles. The bottles are about $13 for 15.

pretty sure Kmart have them. and i've seen them at my local Coles supermarket in Belmont, Geelong from time to time.

cheers guys, all legends.

i'll just tell him to go to Coles Or Kmart or BigW

nah he wont move to glass if i have anything to do with it, once he see's my tap / keg setup he'll be straight onto it ;)

My Coles sells them for about $15 a box but usually only have one on the shelf. I find Big W has heaps for around $11 a box.

I got mine from Big W here in Melbourne. Actually, I decided to just get a whole second fermenter kit since they were on sale for $64 at the time and included I think 30 PET bottles, a can of Coopers Lager, fermenter and all the other accessories. The second fermenter has been very useful for bulk priming.

Back