Giveaway Bottles Pickup Bribie Island

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
If anyone is up this way in the near future I have the following surplus bottles to give away or swap for a couple of bottles of your finest:

around 50 Coopers longneck crown seals 750 ml and a few swingtops / tim taylor pints / various.
around 50 PET beer 750 ml assorted various conditions (mostly from case swaps )
45 Bavaria green crown seal 660 ml - these are still promised to Mattese from a couple of months ago but I've pm'd him and if I don't hear back by Wed then I'm giving them away as well. Mattese suggested I just give them away as he couldn't get up this way but I held on to them for him on the offchance he could make it here, they are really neat bottles for lagers. However SWMBO is getting really savage about the boxes taking up space in the Mazda side of the garage (as she calls it, I always just think of it as Brewery Northern Section ) :p Storm season on the way and the metallic paintwork can only take so much QLD sun.

I've decided to expand my keg collection and go all kegging, even with Aussie Sparkling styles, and just keep a few bottles for CPBF when I need to enter comps or give beer away or go to BBQ etc. Also with water charges doubling in SEQ, bottle washing sux.

Edit: someone else was interested in the greenies at the time but I deleted the PM and can't remember who, so apologies for that.

bmup

Posted on a slow day so maybe missed by any locals returning from Melb whatever.
No urgency will bring them all to next BABBs meeting in any case :icon_cheers:

Might be wasting your time Bribie, I have three boxes of clean bottles from the club comp that I bring to each meeting but nobody wants them. So next time I go to the dump they go too and will never return. Of course that is after the next meeting.

HD

Might be wasting your time Bribie, I have three boxes of clean bottles from the club comp that I bring to each meeting but nobody wants them. So next time I go to the dump they go too and will never return. Of course that is after the next meeting.

HD

I reckon with the incredible growth in kegging over the last few years bottles aren't nearly as popular as they used to be, well not on forums like this. Actually I might see if the little LHBS is interested in the glass ones as there are a few KnK brewers on the island and I've seen him drying batches of them out on a bottle tree. :icon_cheers:

HD

On your way to the dump do you want to take some of mine?

:icon_cheers:

Paul

I don't need 'em (as you know BribieG), but don't just throw them out. Tip shops or op shops should be able to do something with them.

I'll take some of the PETs Michael, will save me buying more and more boxes of them each swap. Will pm you and sort the details out when get home from work.

Cheers

I zoomed the glass bottles round to the LHBS, they just hose them down and give them away to new brewers to ensure repeat sales. Just sorting out the PETs now, the brewery is looking less cluttered already. :) Nick I'd already pm'd DKS who is a bottler only, so we should be able to work out something either way.

Cheers
Michael

All bottles accounted for and Brewery North Section is now a garage :rolleyes:
******* gets rolled out on brewdays of course

car_in_garage__Medium_.jpg

I would have taken them all for sure, that is IF we werent 1000 odd km away from each other! At least the glass ones anyway. The green bottles sounded great for my lagers and the coopers would be spot on for case swaps which I hope to start getting into next year

rendo

I zoomed the glass bottles round to the LHBS, they just hose them down and give them away to new brewers to ensure repeat sales. Just sorting out the PETs now, the brewery is looking less cluttered already. :) Nick I'd already pm'd DKS who is a bottler only, so we should be able to work out something either way.

Cheers
Michael

Latest posts

Back