Ozito For Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
nice slippers Edak [piccie] or are they funky volly's?

I use a Taurus Aldi drill, similar, set up with a marga set in a plank, the plank sits atop the MT and just mill right into it

attachicon.gif
Drill.JPG
Similar here, I used to concoct all sorts of chutes and funnels to catch the grain but nowadays I just let it fall into a big washing up bowl. It normally sits a lot further out from the bench than the above photo, like a pirate walking the Plank, with a big counterweight at one end (NC cube full of wort or whatever).

Edit: probably Spendless Shoes canvas slip ons, buy one pair and get the next half price. I have a collection of various checks etc. myself. Can't seem to find the denim coloured ones nowadays. They really are the people's shoe, teens wear them, Gen Y wears them, farts wear them. :p

You can get them from spend less shoes? Awesome! Now I don't have to go back to USA.

It's what I use, has a dial switch on the trigger, plenty of torque and has done me 12 months without missing a beat.. Was only $50 from memory..

Cant fault it.

What sort of speed do you run it at Yob? Does it start ok with grain in the mill?

At the moment I'm using a cordless Ryobi one job on the slowest setting. I haven't had any problems so far in the three times I've milled other that it seems to be pretty rough on the battery and a flat battery is a pain in the arse so I was thinking of buying something dedicated. This is half the price of the Ozito.

lael said:
What sort of speed do you run it at Yob? Does it start ok with grain in the mill?
3rd click from stop, dunno how many revs mate but a nice crush, no drama with starting with grain in the mill (marga)

looks the goods. Aldi return policy is brilliant too. Think I'll grab one on Sat and try it out.

Yob said:
3rd click from stop, dunno how many revs mate but a nice crush, no drama with starting with grain in the mill (marga)
Well then I eat my words...
It looked like a speed drill (given that it goes up to 2800rpm) and the torque was not listed.

Go ahead and get it!

lael, don't forget that Aldi only have hardware items for a week or so then rotate, so they might not have one in stock at the moment. Most stuff seems to rotate round twice or three times a year.

Bribie G said:
lael, don't forget that Aldi only have hardware items for a week or so then rotate, so they might not have one in stock at the moment. Most stuff seems to rotate round twice or three times a year.
http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_27081.htm

I think it is conveniently due in this Sat... I'll try it out and return it if it isn't good enough. Hmmm... what is Bunnings like on returns? tempted to do a face off...

Bump.
Was in Aldi this morning, they still have a shedload of drills at my local branch, may be still available elsewhere.

Finally got around to taking back the Ozito drill that I bought which is way too fast for the mill, swapped it over for the spade handle one

Milled with it yesterday & the speed is perfect! Only problem is the locking button doesn't work

Have you played with it while not plugged in? Depress the trigger and then hold in the button while releasing the trigger?

Yeah, I've tried it a few different ways, the button seems to lock into place as you press it down but it doesn't hold the trigger down

Breakbeer,

someone in the ghetto thread had a work around for another drill. I think it was a screw clamp or similar.

They fixed their drill sideways on some wood at their milling station, and then simply screwed the clamp or whatever it was to the desired point and the drill did its thing.

The spade handly drill is a top bit of brewing kit.

Cheers,
D80

Back