Osama Bin Laden Dead

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently Elton John is doing a song in memory of his life.. ''Sandles in the wind''.

I think there's something a bit sick about celebrating anyones death - even if he was a murdering *******, a civilised nation or culture does what it has to do and moves on without taking delight in it. My 2c.
While that is entirely the most reasonable post in the entire thread, I reject the notion that this is what had to be done.

I am not celebrating it I dont think it will make any difference. I feel for people that lost there lives for the hunt of him or what ever they make it out to be.

I think there's something a bit sick about celebrating anyones death - even if he was a murdering *******, a civilised nation or culture does what it has to do and moves on without taking delight in it. My 2c.
+1

+1

Best thing imo would have been to quietly announce it then immediately loudly announce the withdrawl of troops in order to minimise the backlash. No street parties or round the clock news coverage.
I do find it weird that the USA couldn't capture him though. After all, they "interrogated" David Hicks and Mamdouh Habib, I'm sure the guys serving over there would have collectively given their right nuts to have a little one-on-one time with Osama.

He is actually alive, and has switched careers to follow his love of Real Ale (caught here at Heathrow on his arrival and his first drink in 54 years)
real_ale_drinker.jpeg

+1

The joys of having satelite TV, I seen reports of being dead for years, he's still alive, and that the yanks have dropped his body into the sea. but without corpse on show it's hard to believe either way.

Other points being made is US is financially in the poop at home ($14.8 trillion) and they no longer have no excuse to be in ME anymore so the Arabs want them out. Perhaps now the have created so much insability in the ME they'll let it run its course and come back for the fire sale on cheap oil. Sounds like the "asset" has out lived his usefulness. Also that in every war they go into or base they set up they never leave, Germany, Japan, Korea, SE Asia, Here etc

Did bad shit.
Some of the shit he did he did for the US so they obviously thought it wasn't bad shit at that point in time and it just shows how weak the planners can control the effects of their actions. As others have said this isn't a game changer, OBL was at the end of a blind alley.

A friend of mine who lives in the states said

"The IRS building across the street is lowering their flags to 1/2 mass for some reason."

Hahaha!

IMO

1. It is wrong to openly celebrate OBLs demise like you would if your team won the grand final.

2. While we don't have a body, we never got one from the Russians either after Hilter and Evan Braun topped them selves on 30th April '45. Just some grainy pics. It's not that important is it? Just ghoulish.

3. If OBL wasn't really dead, I don't think Obama would want him to turn up on Al Jazeera.

4. Al Jazeera have demonstrated the utmost professionalism in handling this event.

5. There has been some really funny jokes :icon_cheers:

I thought it was a bit sick too, all those taxi drivers and others around Australia and the world celebrating clapping and cheering, displaying their Arab flags after the filthy dog murdered 1000`s of people.

elvis isnt dead he just went back to his own planet.
Elvis is alive and well and living in Bogan Shire.

Al Jazeera are actually an extremely good source of information and opinion quite independent of the two organisations who own most of the world's media. Which is why they have been banned in the UK.
They make an interesting point that Bin Laden gained most of his recruits and support by preaching war against the USA.
The reason for this was that the USA propped up corrupt and despotic regimes around the Islamic World (E.g Egypt), mostly to secure its economic and political agenda.
However as Al Jezeera points out, the brothers are doing it for themselves right across the Arab world right now.
Which is sidelining not only the USA but Al Quaida as well.
Al Jezeera reckon that OBL going out with a bang was a good "promotion move" because he had already died with a whimper. :p

New ball game.

Dead body image looks a bit shopped... badly...

ris1ax.jpg

Been doing some research regarding how long it takes to do a DNA test concenus is it takes between 5 to 10 days. which suggest perhaps he was well and truly dead well before Sunday. hmmmmm the smoke up my butt is starting to tickle

Back