Ordinary Response Local Home Brew Store

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Extract Brewers,

WITCH!!!

BURN HIM!!!

BURN HIM TO DEATH!!!

HaHa, that was your fight, leave me out of it BF

But yes, I have a brother who likes to call himself a brewer. It took a good dozen schooners to knock some terminology into the sorry sack.

"mate, putting some corriandar into some extract topped with dextrose and water makes you a brewer as much as me adding boiling water to a teaspoon of nescafe makes me a baristar(**** the spelling...it's not that important)

I dont make great beer, but its better than anything on tap at YOUR (read any ones) pub and its 40cents a schooner. I'll back you up with the AG or nothing kinda thing, its not that hard, i fucked up my first two, spent $3 on water salts etc, problem solved!!

Farking ranting now

Strutter

**** 12 people were in there??? Everytime I go in there im usually the only person in the store and he stands at his wooden bar come front counter register station waiting for me to hurry up and find $15 worth of crap to buy so I can stop interrupting his daily schedule of doing what he does out the back. I hate going to stores where your made to feel like your annoying them and are an interruption to their day, and that is one of those stores.

HaHa, that was your fight, leave me out of it BF

But yes, I have a brother who likes to call himself a brewer. It took a good dozen schooners to knock some terminology into the sorry sack.

"mate, putting some corriandar into some extract topped with dextrose and water makes you a brewer as much as me adding boiling water to a teaspoon of nescafe makes me a baristar(**** the spelling...it's not that important)

I dont make great beer, but its better than anything on tap at YOUR (read any ones) pub and its 40cents a schooner. I'll back you up with the AG or nothing kinda thing, its not that hard, i fucked up my first two, spent $3 on water salts etc, problem solved!!

Farking ranting now

Strutter

I know I'm not alone ;)

Is there a store in Rutherford rd in Seaford? if so whats it like, have you been? Ive seen signs up around the place but didnt know if it was a store or just a guy who sells from home type setup???

Nah don't get down to Seaford way. Only go to old mate in "Hallam" to get stuff i missed on order or for out of the blue brew days.

I met you at G&G BIAB demo, had to go early cause my mate was feeling the dire effects of quality control, good luck with the obsession

Strutter

lol went to LHBS near me (not MHB, as never heard him then). The setup was about what I could get online (sweet) it was middle of summer and had read this forum. But thought a person who owns a HBS in a busy area must have a idea!!! asked if it was ok to brew in this weather (36c) without cooling. he said sure!!! it willl just ferment quicker!

sure didnt and vb tasted so bloody good compaired to it! lol. I didt brew for 2 months till I have a fridge and temp controller

Nah don't get down to Seaford way. Only go to old mate in "Hallam" to get stuff i missed on order or for out of the blue brew days.

I met you at G&G BIAB demo, had to go early cause my mate was feeling the dire effects of quality control, good luck with the obsession

Strutter

You met me at G&G BIAB demo???? Who were you and how did we meet??? How do you know who I was??? LOL

You met me at G&G BIAB demo???? Who were you and how did we meet??? How do you know who I was??? LOL

You had the ripping bride and asked alot of questions.

You going good.

I had the mate who turned a whiter shade of pale before the mash was half way through.

Me going bad.

Lesson learnt: Don't quality control to the excess before a brew day

You going good.

I had the mate who turned a whiter shade of pale before the mash was half way through.

Me going bad.

PS: you look remarkably like your profile picture, i on the other hand look nothing like mine

You going good.

Me going bad.

HAHAHA Sorry mate I don't remember anyone turning a whiter shade of pale but do remember the crowd thinned out a bit towards the end...LOL
Your not the guy I asked about the free black IPA are you??
Yeh I asked a lot of questions, and yes my wife was there with me...LOL

PS: you look remarkably like your profile picture, i on the other hand look nothing like mine

HAha Is that Ace or gene I cant tell???
My profile pic was only taken last xmas, I havent changed much since then..LOL.

HAHAHA Sorry mate I don't remember anyone turning a whiter shade of pale but do remember the crowd thinned out a bit towards the end...LOL
Your not the guy I asked about the free black IPA are you??
Yeh I asked a lot of questions, and yes my wife was there with me...LOL

Dont get me wrong, i liked the demo, and if TB sees this post....What's wrong with the old " and he's one we prepared earlier" I asked questions, i learnt what i needed to improve to where i am now (no ******* expert), just give me a store close to home, be competitive price wise so i dont need to drive 40 km's each way...and hey, a little advice here and there...Too much to ask?

Strutter

Dont get me wrong, i liked the demo, and if TB sees this post....What's wrong with the old " and he's one we prepared earlier" I asked questions, i learnt what i needed to improve to where i am now (no ******* expert), just give me a store close to home, be competitive price wise so i dont need to drive 40 km's each way...and hey, a little advice here and there...Too much to ask?

Strutter
I have to agree with you... Id buy "local" if the prices were reasonable, hell even if they were just a tad more than what you pay online. But theyre way more than that, with crappy service to boot.

I have to agree with you... Id buy "local" if the prices were reasonable, hell even if they were just a tad more than what you pay online. But theyre way more than that, with crappy service to boot.
Our mate $8.50 US05....I don't need to tell everyone else what you can get it for.

That would be ACE

Awesome..I once told my daughter when she was 7 that I was Ace Frehley and she went to school and told her teacher and was convinced I was and started crying when teachy said thats impossible.."My daddy is Ace Frehley...he is..."

LOL

Mate dont go to the store on rutherford road - its a "brew'n'grow" type store with more emphasis on the "grow".
You'd likely get better advice on brewing from the knock shop across the road in keppler circuit...

It is a shame there isnt anything local.
Does Keg king stock any ingredients? They're not too far just near the sandown

Ask for polyclar when you are next there ;) I've done it at almost every HBS in Adelaide.

I thought i was the only one with dodgy LHBS shops around me, but a bit of trial and error and found one that good, gets stuff fresh for us and actually wants to do business.

Sounds a bit like my LHBS. The only time i go in there is if i need some US05. They always tell me "happy brewing" I wonder what they think i'm brewing? Other then this shop the next closest HBS is a 800km round trip. So a bit of preparation is needed to brew.

Latest posts

Back