Only One Keg Foaming Heaps...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
next time you pour a beer, pull the prv. do this every time you pour a beer until the gas stops escaping in your beer line...

then review your respective carbonation regimes

I found it amusing that he's calling you DUMB and yet can't even spell the word properly. Very poor form from a retailer......then again these forums are full of self-important wanchors who take every opportunity to try and belittle people to make themselves seem superior in some way. Its why I stick to my local beer forums and hardly post on here. I certainly wouldnt purchase anything from someone who acts in such a way either.....too bad if I had a dumb question eh? They'd probably make me feel like a moron for asking!

Your point was valid and MHB's response could have corrected what you had wrong in a much nicer way, instead he chooses to be a jerk. Great community eh?

[/end rant]

Great post.If I was a retailer I'm sure I wouldn't be patronizing clients in such a public way.Just
unprofessional.If it is frustrating maybe your field is elsewhere.The craft market is more about patience and teaching.

Eventually with a guiding hand people learn and become loyal clients.MHB's demeaning approach only alienates potential clients.Word of mouth is King

snoozer said:
U'r over at HD also aren't u?
snoozer

Was mate, they don't like my type :icon_cheers:

I can be found at artisanwordwedon'tusehere and modernwordwedon'tusehere.

Thanks guys, i guess i'll have to accept it's caused by over gassing. The whole community can't be wrong.

Just noticed this problem (beer and gas coming out in spurts) from a recently purchased keg.

I was thinking the dip tube was the culprit and after reading this I reckon the dip tube seal is probably where it's at. It makes sense that as pressure is applied to the top of the keg if the seal is buggered, then some of that CO2 is getting in the beer line that way.

Luckily I had a spare keg so I put the keg on it's side and transferred the beer across from the faulty keg IN to the new keg OUT and Bob's your uncle (hopefully), I dialled up the pressures to 35psi and stuck em back in the fridge.. hopefully it wont have lost too much carbonation.

Latest posts

Back