One for you IT guys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks y'all. Will download and store for future use though hopefully I won't need them as I'm a bit reluctant to download software from piratebay again. Except for movies and tv series' of course!
I backed up all my photos and the like on an external hard disk before formatting. I take it one of these programs can search and destroy removable media so I don't accidentally bring the little c$#t back?

How did they make me watch it for 4!

I've always wondered on what basis people claim that their security suite is doing a good job. Lots of positives? Not many? The fact that their computer continues to turn on when they want it to? I know only the teeniest tip of the iceberg about this stuff but I do know that I have absolutely no clue how "clean" my general web activity is. Could be a zombie right now, for all I know.

I just run wireshark and monitor the traffic. You actually see some interesting things. Showed what google is really upto

Ghostery tells me far more than I want to know in that regard already.

But I'm more concerned about the things that happen off my network, rather than on it. Keyloggers aside, malware on this machine isn't something that worries me all that much because I am deliberate about what I use it for. The machine with data I would worry about does not do any general web-surfing.

32-131-B8-98-african_activist_archive-a0a8e7-a_14380.jpg

(free)

bum said:
because I am deliberate about what I use it for.
Haha. Just tried to download some tubes - 3 sites in a row locked my shit up harder than I've ever seen. Be careful, kids.

Hey Batz,

My favourite plugin for Firefox is No Script, you might find it a bit of a PITA because unless you 'allow' stuff, many more complicated modern websites won't work well, but it works well in reducing bullshit.

bum said:
I've always wondered on what basis people claim that their security suite is doing a good job. Lots of positives? Not many? The fact that their computer continues to turn on when they want it to? I know only the teeniest tip of the iceberg about this stuff but I do know that I have absolutely no clue how "clean" my general web activity is. Could be a zombie right now, for all I know.
The way I'd judge my security is be how well my pc runs.The signs I've had when I've picked up malware were pretty obvious.Slow loading,screen freezes,messages saying I'm not connected when I am,failing to load pages.It was bloody obvious something was wrong.Trust a good suite to a point,do regular scans,if you have signs of trouble and get clean scan,consider a "second opinion" AV like Hitman Pro.Before visiting sites do a scan with urlvoid.com. Back up all data,wear a condom,the net is the wild west :lol:

toper01 said:
Slow loading,screen freezes,messages saying I'm not connected when I am,failing to load pages.It was bloody obvious something was wrong
You sure you're not running Vista? Those signs just point to business as usual.

Back