Old Fuggles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A3k

Reaction score
Hi guys

I usually do AG, but have decided to make my old man a KnK. As BrewCraft is around the corner from work, I decided to go there in my lunch break and now remember why they get such a bad rap on AHB.

I decided on a batch of chocolate Redwood Ale that comes with what Brewcraft say Contains hops and yeast for hand-crafted brewing excellence.

So I grab the box and ask what the use by date is. It was in less than two months, so I grabbed another (same type) that was in a year and a half, so grabbed that.

Then I realiesed that the US05 yeast that came with the kit had been sitting in the box on the shelf, so I made the guy get me some out of the fridge.

When I got home I realised that I didnt think about the Fuggles that came with it and also been sitting in the box on the shelf and didnt particularly feel vacuum packed.
Whats everyones thoughts on me using the hops. Im guessing their quality will be pretty crappy, and my old mad doesnt love hoppy beers, so should I use the hops or not. Im worried about it only adding grass to the beer.

Or maybe I should replace the fuggles with some EKG I have which have been stored well at home.

Cheers guys,
Al

Or maybe I should replace the fuggles with some EKG I have which have been stored well at home.

That's it !

Batz

go the ekg.... you dont want cheesy hops in your beer... unless its a lambic.

Cheers guys,
was kinda thinking the same thing, but just wanted to make sure. I was kinda hoping Fuggles miraculously deteriorated extremly slowly and didn't want to waste something i've stupidly paid for.

Cheers,
Al

I would rather have fuggle that a cow had eaten, partialy digested, then excreted, than use ekg.....but hey, that may be just me....if it was designed to have fuggle, then get some fresh fuggle ;)

Latest posts

Back