Oktoberfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else going to Oktoberfest this year? My wife and I will be in Munich for a week and are planning on being there for the opening.

Have fun!
Me and the GF were there last year on the final day. Bloody nice place is Munich.

Glad you enjoyed it. Just looking at the photos brings back very fond memories for me

I've been the last two years in a row, and was hoping to get back there this year. Sadly I didn't :(

Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit, der Gemtlichkeit!!!!!!!!! :)

Glad you enjoyed it. Just looking at the photos brings back very fond memories for me

I've been the last two years in a row, and was hoping to get back there this year. Sadly I didn't :(

Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit, der Gemtlichkeit!!!!!!!!! :)
My oldest son and I were there for Starkbierfest (also known as Lent) this last April. No lederhosen, no dirndls no tents but the doppelbocks were available. We went to the Hofbrau Haus, Augustiner, Paulaner and Hacker Pschorr. Our bus went right by Aying but I couldn't get the driver to change course.

"Almost heaven West Virginia, Blue Ridge mountains Shenandoah River" or "Die Haende zu Himmel" ," In Muenchen stadt liegt ein Hofbraeuhaus An Zwo Gzuffa!!!"

3 years college German, I should have umlauts on tap.

I stayed at Das Hotel Drei Loewen back in 1988. It is right in the mix of the discos and close to Marianplatz. Nice place.

We stayed at a hostel outside of town this last trip. It was a 2K walk to to the train. Bunch cheaper though. Missed a ton of things because we weren't close.

Note: Germans don't wear hats with souvenir (Anstecknadel) pins.

agreed steve i liked stuttgart better only went to the oky because i messed up the the dates

Prost

100_1581.jpg

100_1601.jpg

IMG_0935.JPG

I have been to both Stuttgart and Munich fests. I preferred the Stuttgart Volksfest as it was more German Cheesiness and less Contiki/Fanatics and pretend 15th century Bavaria.

The camping ground in Stuttgart is right next to the Volksfest, but make sure you ring and book in advance so you don't find yourself attempting to sleep whilst freezing your ass off under a bush by the river like I did!

Latest posts

Back