Ok Show Us Your Cat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An old picture, but our half bengal half who knows what, Socks:

110_1005.JPG

She's now 5 years old, fat, and very grumpy at times. Other than that she's a really great cat.

The thing that has caused her to be so grumpy of late, Tiger:

asleep_in_hands.jpg
relaxing.jpg

Tiger is a farm cat that I brought home from a friend's place a couple of weeks ago. This friend refers to his cats as 'coyote bait'. The kittens were a bit on the wild side. This was the tamest of the bunch. It has turned into a real sweetheart - very glad I picked it up. I originally thought Tiger was a she but now we're not so sure. At times Tiger has what appears to be internal genitalia and at others it appears to have one massive scrotum. Oh well. Males are cheaper to have fixed. ;)

Yeah Smurto I have found some comments here regarding cats a little disturbing, not what my original post was really about but more a bit of fun to lighten up on the brewing regime at a suggestion from Katie. Personally I am at one with pretty well all animals whether domestic or wildlife. I hold a firearms licence and a couple of rifles but rarely ever use them only for control of crop damage or an animal in trouble and is not going to pull through. Negative opinions regarding any animal I find a little hard to swallow and it is a pity they have been aired on this topic. I for one have enjoyed the positive comments and the accompanying pics. Keep em up. And to those who have any negative opinions about a cat or any sort of animal for that matter just keep them to yourself. With that type attitude you wouldn't last five minutes in the rural enviroment.

Brian Gardner

Zizzle that's a funny pic. A workmate sent that round and got e-verbally abused by a catloving relative.

Oh, and I'm not a cat hater, just more of a dog lover. However I'd really love an Orangatang.

However I'd really love an Orangatang.

Not sure that you would. Apparently Orangatangs have a habit of rubbing faeces on each other (????) Not sure i want that clammering over me for a hug? :icon_cheers:

Cheers SJ

I'd take an MJ-style Bubbles the Chimp.

Pumpy chucked an almost subliminal one on the first page but it seemed to go through to the keeper.

Pumpy chucked an almost subliminal one on the first page but it seemed to go through to the keeper.

I had to go back and check his post...that was a bit of a stretch - I didn't pick it up the first time and believe me if something can be twisted to sound/seem rude I can usually find it

btw - I have to say that us homebrewers have a nice bunch of pussies ;)

Not a stretch at all - that is the cliche "wet pussy" joke pic.

heres my G/F's cat....the thing loves the toilet...as you can see....strange cat indeed.

(Pickles)
med_gallery_10325_462_359174.jpg

heres my G/F's cat....the thing loves the toilet...as you can see....strange cat indeed.

(Pickles)
med_gallery_10325_462_359174.jpg

Mate, what I want to know is - what do you catch with the fishing rod in your toilet??? Brown Trout??? :blink:

We had a Pickles once.. cool name for a cat IMO. :beer:

Cross posted - I think I mentioned that this one loves to help with all aspects of brewing?

Trying to build a mash tun at the moment so she had to check if the thread was fitted properly

prushhelpingmashtun4.jpg

We got these two at the same time, they're about 18 months old now. Both are insistent helpers on brew days.

Molly's a poser - I swear she recognises my camera and just 'strikes a pose'. At least she's cooperative for photos. She's still got those big blue eyes, which I'm told is rare.

molly_poser.JPG molly_bw.JPG

Mia's a mixed bag - half the time she'll be defending her territory, the other half she'll run off at the slightest noise. Sometimes she's just as sleepy as a normal cat...
mia_normal.JPG

minutes later she's, well, special.

mia_special.JPG

Mia's also taken a liking to sitting on my lap while I'm on AHB... as she is now.

My g/f's lil cat has a good sense of beer...she is so keen to get near a glass of a decent beer, a crap beer and she wont go anywhere near it....wont even give it a sniff.

even before i pour the beer from the keg, she will give me a good indication as to its quality. FREAKY!!!!

My cat lives with my folks....shes just fat and spoilt...

Edit: Spelling, had a few Brews :)

I would like to apologise to the people I upset with my original post.
I realise it was very insensitive and I should have stayed out of the thread completely.

C&B
TDA

Accepted by me as long as you reconsider your current deterrent method. I'm sure there must be others about that are less.......................something, something.

Anyway beer and more beer.

Latest posts

Back