Offlines Brewery Progress

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

The inaugural HAG brew day last weekend has motivated me to finish my brewery.

I picked up the bench today for free and couldnt help but post some pictures of it here.

brew_stand_1.jpg

Im going to use it in a three-tier system for now with the possibility of going to single-tier some time in the future.
Its a little bit too tall but the price was right and Im sure its some grade of stainless steel.

brew_stand_2.jpg

All I need now is a HLT and Im in business.

Brian

Nice looking bench.

Especially for that price.

cheers
johnno

Hey offline

Thats a rippa great size and height nice

Cheers Aspro

mmmmmmmmmmm stainless steel dribble dribble

lucky man

If a fermenter fits under the bottom shelf then its perfect. If not you may need to play with it a little.

Guys,

Under closer inspection (in the daylight) I think it may be actually aluminium (still looks good though)

Too tall? It's perfect!
Nice score!

When I said its a bit tall, I meant I cant see into the mash tun let alone stir it. I will need to make a decent step or something.

If a fermenter fits under the bottom shelf then its perfect. If not you may need to play with it a little.

And yes the fermenter fits under the boiler, I didnt include my burner in the photo so the boiler is a bit lower then it will actually be.

Brian

Under closer inspection (in the daylight) I think it may be actually aluminium (still looks good though)
Mate, from your pics, I would be very surprised if that was made from aluminium. Take a key or something and try and scratch it. If it scratches easily then it probably is ally. I would expect to see big welds on the joins for ally

cheers

Browndog

I decided to upgrade my brewery as part of moving house late last year, after using it as a 3 tier system for the last few years.

Brewery_old.jpg

it had a 40L HLT & mash tun with a 50L kettle.

The new set up is a 2 tier system with 40L HLT gravity feed in to either 40L or 80L mash tun, depending on batch size, and an 80L kettle.

Brewery1.JPG

Attachments

• Brewery2.JPG
    Brewery2.JPG
    810.3 KB · Views: 31
Brewery3.JPG

it's not finished yet but it's operational again, except the mash tun

Latest posts

Back