Nsw Xmas In July Case 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Les! Looking forward to trying a Saison. :)
I think I may have tried Doc's Saison at a pizza night a few months back, but my memory's a bit hazy

Looking forward to the swap guys. Will be on & off line a bit till then, so if you need me give me a call.
if not, pm someone who's coming and they should have my mobile.

Pete :beer:

G'day all,

Well, as I mentioned earlier, I won't be able to make it tomorrow for the pickup. As I won't be there do do it in person, I'll say a big thanks now to Barra, Pete and everybody else involved in the logistics. :beer:

I'll try to organise a time in the next week when I can grab my cases, either from Pete or Barra, depending on who ends up with them!

Cheers guys :D

Just bottled my Oatmeal Stout. Talk about last minute :)
It'd be a very good idea to leave bottle 25 somewhere warm for the next couple weeks!

EDIT: I'm including a (very small) present with every bottle, even tho it's the wrong end of the year. Cheers!

<expurgate>
It'd be a very good idea to leave bottle 25 somewhere warm for the next couple weeks!
</expurgate>
Same for mine, which has no labelling apart from the number 27 on the Coopers bottle caps.

I just bottled in Friday night, to cut it fine.
I will advise when the carbonation is sufficient. In fact, I can feel a little pressure in the PET-bottled sample already. As it's a wheat beer, it will be fine, IMHO, to drink as soon as the carbonation is there.

Be advised that the brew is very milky. Did I say very? The appearance does not affect the flavour at the moment, and I don't expect it to in the future.
I hope no-one's allergic to gelatine, as I used some commercial finings to try and clear the beer. No dice, no difference. So the situation remains that you're stuck with a hefe-Gose :lol: .

Looking forward to all the ready to drink beer, even though I have a few Kozel (dark) Cerny's to empty, and some Cascade (Tassie) Stouts. Maybe I'll use the commercial beer as "gappers".

Beerz & more Beerz
Seth :p

Swap all done. :party:

Now which one to start with. :beerbang:

My beers will take some time to carbonate and mature. I guess it's not called Biere de Garde (storing beer) for nothing. I'll keep you informed as I have a few extras I can crack every once in a while, but probably August or so would be good.

Don't know what the present was, PoMo, but I haven't got one.
cry.gif

1. Thommo - Blonde Ale - Nottingham - Leave it two to three weeks.
2. Josh - German Pilsner - WLP800 - drink 20/07 onwards.
3. davekate - Honey Pilsner - (K-97) - bottled 14/04/07 - drink in Aug/Sep
4. Barramundi - Robust Porter - US 56 - bottled 26/5/07
5. Slurpdog - Choccy Porter - US 56. Bottled 7/4/07 so yeah, it'll ready
6. redbeard - Pale Ale - us56 - ready but low carbonation sad.gif
7. shonky - IPA - Coopers PA yeast, low carb, vigourous pour recommended for head, 6.1%
8. Stuster - Biere de Garde - 1007 - bottled 4/6/07 - August or later
9. DJR - Dusseldorf Altbier - WLP036 - ready to drink
10. Trent - Dry Stout (WY 1084) - Ready to drink, has some smoky phenols, but is certainly dry.
11. Craig - Roggenbier WY 3068
12. Punter - Schwartzbier (WLP 833)
13. T.D. - Honey-Brown Lager (W34/70) - ready to drink
14. Nifty - Some sort of ESB (WLP002) - still in the fermentor, won't be ready for a while.
15. goatherder - Bock - Wyeast 2633 - Forced carbed but could use some clearing time.
16. Stephen - Belhaven Export (Wyeast 1728 Scottish ale) Bottled 27 May 07
17. beer slayer - Oatmeal stout WLP004 Irish Ale Yeast
18. Kabooby - some beer i made with leftover yeast & old hops
19. Petesbrew - Dark Ale (S-04) - bottled 22nd April - ready to drink
20. Gulpa - American Amber (US 56) - bottled 27 May - ready to drink
21. Crozdog - Irish Red Ale (Wyeast 1084) - bottled 11 june I'd leave it till mid July onwards B4 opening
22. Homebrewworld- American Pale Ale (US56)- bottled 27th May
23. Linz - express beer western line As per post 78 + first gen WL004
24. Shmick - Special Bitter (WLP002)
25. PoMo - Oatmeal Stout - White Labs WLP017 Whitbread Ale. Bottled late 6/07. Late July onwards should be nice.
26. Brewer - Irish Ale - WLP 004
27.Les the Weizguy - Gose (WLP380) - in a few weeks?
28. Forkboy - Chocolate Porter (WLP007) - ready to drink

well done to those involved in the swap, everything went along remarkably well , thanks to slurpdog for getting the cases from my place to petes and back , thanks to pete for the venue and to all those that turned out for the sort ...

as for PoMo's present we discovered a box full of bottle openers when most people had left , they are all still at petes place , perhaps for the xmas swap ....

cases that are at my place to be collected are ....

Brewer
Shonky
Home Brew World
Beer Slayer
T.D.

Linz your cases went with Slurpdog for you to collect from there as did Kabooby's

now which one gets the refridgeration treatment first ....mmmm

Good to finally meet a lot of the guy's that frequent the site.
Still have to make one of those brew days yet, but I'll get there eventually.

Very much looking forward to trying beer styles that I've never had before and thanks to Barra for the samples before I left for home.

Thanks again Pete for hosting the swap and I'm sure we'll all catch up again at some stage.

Linz/Kabooby, both you're cases are here at my place and you can grab them anytime that's convenient.

Cheers
Slurpdog

Now I've just got to remember to keep, and post the tasting notes.

It was nice to meet everyone, and sample a couple of brews. Too bad I had to bail so soon, but I had to shoot through to a family thing.

Thanks to Pete and everyone else who helped with the logisitics of it all - it all went very smoothly!

A quick note on my batch (#28) - I only had enough to make up 27 bottles of the chocolate porter, so someone scored an IPA (noted on the lid).

A quick question - how to provide feedback?

Perhaps if you want feedback start a new topic "NSW July swap # XX feedback" or something like that? or do people just PM or reply in this thread?

Don't know what the present was, PoMo, but I haven't got one.
cry.gif

Damn! I forgot to distribute them. :( Petesbrew, you might have found a cardboard box full of plastic twist-top openers on your table. Them was the presents... of whatever use they might be. :unsure:
EDIT: Barra, yeah, that's them... (where's the slap-forehead emoticon?)

It was cool to see all the beers get sorted and so swapped so quickly and neatly.

Thanks heaps to Pete for hosting the swap and to everyone who contributed and assisted in bringing this thing together.

I think I might be sampling one tonight. But which?

Thanks for everyone that was involved in the swap today for those who could not make it.

Slurpdog I will PM you during the week and organise a pickup time

I have added the details of my brew and got ridd of redbeards naughtiness

Kabooby :)

7. shonky - IPA - Coopers PA yeast, low carb, vigourous pour recommended for head, 6.1%
10. Trent - Dry Stout (WY 1084) - Ready to drink, has some smoky phenols, but is certainly dry.
14. Nifty - Some sort of ESB (WLP002) - still in the fermentor, won't be ready for a while.
15. goatherder - Bock - Wyeast 2633 - Forced carbed but could use some clearing time.
18. Kabooby - Vienna lager (saflager S23) Bottled 17/6/07. Will prob need another few weeks to carb
21. Crozdog - Irish Red Ale (Wyeast 1084) - bottled 11 june I'd leave it till mid July onwards B4 opening
25. PoMo - Oatmeal Stout - White Labs WLP017 Whitbread Ale. Bottled late 6/07. Late July onwards should be nice.

Thanks for everyone that was involved in the swap today for those who could not make it.

Slurpdog I will PM you during the week and organise a pickup time

I have added the details of my brew and got ridd of redbeards naughtiness

Kabooby :)
18. Kabooby - Vienna lager (saflager S23) Bottled 17/6/07. Will prob need another few weeks to carb

Don't leave it too long Kabooby, I'm getting mighty thristy!!!!! :chug:

If Pete was keen, he'd have the bonus Saison half-finished by now..

As for me, I'm testing a 6.8% blackberry dark ale tonight, made with German ale yeast in Sept '00.
Yummmmm...

Seth :p

11. Craig - Roggenbier WY 3068 - bottled 13/06/2007 - ready to drink

Updated bottling and drinking status.
Tried a 500 ml bottle tonight to test carbonation - all good :beer:

Cheers,

Craig

Edit - Spelling

Come on , Stu. You know I was thinking - 7 yrs old.

You know it's my turn to humiliate you next. :lol:

Post edited. Thanks 4 the tip!

:p :p

Hi guys,
It was great to meet up yesterday morning. The swap went pretty well, and the beers sampled were top stuff indeed.

Thanks heaps for all the complimentary bottles too, and a big thanks to Mark for the LCPA kit. I'll be making that for Lily's 1st birthday brew asap.

As for the bottle openers (2 each). I'll try to get them out to everyone. If I can get them to one of the ISB guys, that takes care of a lot, and then I'll somehow send a bunch up to MHB for the newcastle boys (probably posting them is easiest).

Looking forward to getting stuck into them!
Pete

Ps. If Barra, or anyone involved works in town, perhaps we can meet up so I can pass on the bottle openers.
I'd rather get them to you, rather than wait till the xmas one.

cases that are at my place to be collected are ....

Brewer
Shonky
Home Brew World
Beer Slayer
T.D.

Thanks Barra, I'll organise a time during the week to grab them if that suits you. Let me know what your movements are and how and when it will be best done. :beer:

As for the bottle openers (2 each). I'll try to get them out to everyone.

Ps. If Barra, or anyone involved works in town, perhaps we can meet up so I can pass on the bottle openers.
I'd rather get them to you, rather than wait till the xmas one.

I work in Pyrmont, so could meet in the cbd ...

Back