Nsw Xmas In July Case 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Thommo - Blonde Ale - Nottingham - Leave it two to three weeks.
2. Josh - German Pilsner - WLP800 - drink 20/07 onwards.
3. davekate - Honey Pilsner - (K-97) - bottled 14/04/07 - drink in Aug/Sep
4. Barramundi - Robust Porter - US 56 - bottled 26/5/07
5. Slurpdog - Choccy Porter - US 56. Bottled 7/4/07 so yeah, it'll ready
6. redbeard - Pale Ale - us56 - ready but low carbonation sad.gif
7. shonky - IPA - Coopers PA yeast, low carb, vigourous pour recommended for head, 6.1%
8. Stuster - Biere de Garde - 1007 - bottled 4/6/07 - will need some time
9. DJR - Dusseldorf Altbier - WLP036 - ready to drink
10. Trent - Dry Stout (WY 1084) - Ready to drink, has some smoky phenols, but is certainly dry.
11. Craig - Roggenbier WY 3068
12. Punter - Schwartzbier (WLP 833)
13. T.D. - Honey-Brown Lager (W34/70) - ready to drink
14. Nifty - Some sort of ESB (WLP002) - still in the fermentor, won't be ready for a while.
15. goatherder - Bock - Wyeast 2633 - Forced carbed but could use some clearing time.
16. Stephen - Belhaven Export (Wyeast 1728 Scottish ale) Bottled 27 May 07
17. beer slayer - Oatmeal stout WLP004 Irish Ale Yeast
18. Kabooby - some beer i made with leftover yeast & old hops
19. Petesbrew - Dark Ale (S-04) - bottled 22nd April - ready to drink
20. Gulpa - American Amber (US 56) - bottled 27 May - ready to drink
21. Crozdog - Irish Red Ale (Wyeast 1084) - bottled 11 june I'd leave it till mid July onwards B4 opening
22. Homebrewworld- American Pale Ale (US56)- bottled 27th May
23. Linz - express beer western line
24. Shmick - Special Bitter (WLP002)
25. PoMo - Oatmeal Stout - White Labs WLP017 Whitbread Ale. Bottled late 6/07. Late July onwards should be nice.
26. Brewer - Irish Ale - WLP 004
27.Les the Weizguy - Gose (WLP380)
28. Forkboy - Chocolate Porter (WLP007) - ready to drink

Just editing my drinking details. I also managed to bottle later than expected, but I will open a tester and post back here to let everyone know when it is ready.

See you Sunday.

Cases droped of at Slurpdog's.

At least I hope it was Slurpdog's :unsure: If not someone has just scored some free beer.

Kabooby :)

How do I get my name down for the X-mas in December NSW swap?

Steve
All you do is wait until it is announced by whoever cares to organise it (will probably be anounced in aug or sept) and then be very quick about getting your name up! Simple as that.
Hope to see ya in the december case
Trent

1. Thommo - Blonde Ale - Nottingham - Leave it two to three weeks.
2. Josh - German Pilsner - WLP800 - drink 20/07 onwards.
3. davekate - Honey Pilsner - (K-97) - bottled 14/04/07 - drink in Aug/Sep
4. Barramundi - Robust Porter - US 56 - bottled 26/5/07
5. Slurpdog - Choccy Porter - US 56. Bottled 7/4/07 so yeah, it'll ready
6. redbeard - Pale Ale - us56 - ready but low carbonation sad.gif
7. shonky - IPA - Coopers PA yeast, low carb, vigourous pour recommended for head, 6.1%
8. Stuster - Biere de Garde - 1007 - bottled 4/6/07 - will need some time
9. DJR - Dusseldorf Altbier - WLP036 - ready to drink
10. Trent - Dry Stout (WY 1084) - Ready to drink, has some smoky phenols, but is certainly dry.
11. Craig - Roggenbier WY 3068
12. Punter - Schwartzbier (WLP 833)
13. T.D. - Honey-Brown Lager (W34/70) - ready to drink
14. Nifty - Some sort of ESB (WLP002) - still in the fermentor, won't be ready for a while.
15. goatherder - Bock - Wyeast 2633 - Forced carbed but could use some clearing time.
16. Stephen - Belhaven Export (Wyeast 1728 Scottish ale) Bottled 27 May 07
17. beer slayer - Oatmeal stout WLP004 Irish Ale Yeast
18. Kabooby - some beer i made with leftover yeast & old hops
19. Petesbrew - Dark Ale (S-04) - bottled 22nd April - ready to drink
20. Gulpa - American Amber (US 56) - bottled 27 May - ready to drink
21. Crozdog - Irish Red Ale (Wyeast 1084) - bottled 11 june I'd leave it till mid July onwards B4 opening
22. Homebrewworld- American Pale Ale (US56)- bottled 27th May
23. Linz - express beer western line As per post 78 + first gen WL004
24. Shmick - Special Bitter (WLP002)
25. PoMo - Oatmeal Stout - White Labs WLP017 Whitbread Ale. Bottled late 6/07. Late July onwards should be nice.
26. Brewer - Irish Ale - WLP 004
27.Les the Weizguy - Gose (WLP380)
28. Forkboy - Chocolate Porter (WLP007) - ready to drink

Guys,

I can't be arsed reading through 27 pages again. :blink:
Was it mentioned anywhere if we are doing info labels or stickers outlining the style, OG, FG, alc % etc etc etc?
Or can we just post the details here and people can refer back to this post when cracking open a new bottle?

Beers
DK

Mine didnt.....if anyone wants to know they can PM me.....if I can find the notes..

There is a label on it, but no details

have most of the beers at my place that are supposed to be there now, a couple comin tomorrow morning , and i think thats about the lot ! if anyone else needs to drop case at my place gimme a call on 0419 523 680 , i dont have the net at home as after this arvo i probably wont be online again before the swap....

I've got the work van sitting outside my house and will pick up all the cases at Barra's house on Sunday morn.
I'm aiming to be at Pete's place by 10.30.
Catch ya's then.

I've got the work van sitting outside my house and will pick up all the cases at Barra's house on Sunday morn.
I'm aiming to be at Pete's place by 10.30.
Catch ya's then.

10:30 :huh: I thought we was starting at 10? I'm helping my sister move house near Liverpool and time will be of the essence for me. As much as I'd love to hang about and chat a bit, the sooner we start the mixing, the better for me... hope I'm not being rude...

If it's going to be 10:30 at the earliest, that's cool, too, I'll just leave the exciting packing activity at Liverpool a bit later.

No worries, PoMo. We'll try to get it done ASAP. A lot of guys have things on they have to get to.

Anyone, Just let me know if you need address details. If you need to pick up cases at a later date, thats fine, we'll sort things out.
Pete

10:30 :huh: I thought we was starting at 10? I'm helping my sister move house near Liverpool and time will be of the essence for me. As much as I'd love to hang about and chat a bit, the sooner we start the mixing, the better for me... hope I'm not being rude...

If it's going to be 10:30 at the earliest, that's cool, too, I'll just leave the exciting packing activity at Liverpool a bit later.

I like to give the missus a bit of a sleep in on Sun morn's just for the brownie points but I think I can sneek away a little bit earlier when there's 2 cases of all grain goodness to be swapped and taken home.
Besides, I can call in on Motorex on the way home at Homebush to see some of my Harley customers.

I like to give the missus a bit of a sleep in on Sun morn's just for the brownie points but I think I can sneek away a little bit earlier when there's 2 cases of all grain goodness to be swapped and taken home.
Besides, I can call in on Motorex on the way home at Homebush to see some of my Harley customers.

No worries. I forget what a sleep-in is. We have three boys aged 5, 8 and 10! 7am is a gooooood sleep in for me :) So 10(ish), then?

No worries. I forget what a sleep-in is. We have three boys aged 5, 8 and 10! 7am is a gooooood sleep in for me :) So 10(ish), then?

I've got 2 boys aged 5 and 7, and lucky for my missus, I'm an early riser.
She likes a beer as well and so if she want's to taste some of the brews coming our way then she'll just have to get up a half hour earlier!

Hey Slurpdog

I am assuming you got my cases OK

Kabooby :)

I decided to see my supplier for some freshly emptied 800 ml bottles, as I wasn't keen to see (nor clean) the bottles which were inundated with filthy flood water under my house. I'm sure you guys/gals/gender neutral brewers appreciate that little effort.

Anyway, I cleaned and sanitised the bottles this arvo, and am about to bottle the Gose.
The tap sample appears to me to be a balanced mix of salt, sourness, wheat and coriander, but BOY is it cloudy. Maybe it's the wheat, or the overnight mash, or maybe the Hefeweizen IV yeast (is WLP380 noted for it's cloudiness?).

Anyway, just close your eyes when drinking it, or you could let it settle a while.
As I'm just about to bottle it, you'll have to leave it for a few weeks before it's carbonated, and then I'd recommend a couple of weeks in the fridge.

I'll bottle one in a PET bottle, to allow me to test it for carbonation (...the squeeze test).

I'll drop the beer to MHB tomorrow and avail myself of the Keith celebration beers/food.

I have 2 X 500ml bottles of Saison to go with the cases. Perhaps one for MHB and one for the host. Whaddya reckon, Pete?

* edit - BTW, the Gose is 4.2% alc, and the Saison is 7.9%

Seth out :p
(Burning the midnight oil)

Back