NSW State Comp 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
asis said:
Hi
They will all be sorted and in the coolroom on Wednesday to give them time to settle.
I assume you are concerned with carb?

Cheers
Adam
Yeah mate. Shiuld be good by then

If I had an IPA brewed to session strength (it's 1.053 OG, 1.014 FG, at 5.1%ABV) would I lump it into the Specialty IPA category? Or would it be American IPA, but specify it as session strength?

EDIT: wrong thread. more a question about the BJCP Castle Hill comp. It's a bit confusing all these different category/style specs ...

id just put it in the ipa category its only just below the minimum spec and should be fine.

It would be a fine thing to be able to tell the abv to within .5%. Doughtfull that 99% of people could.

Just called the Brew Shop in Peakhurst and they weren't sure on when the HUB guys would be picking up the entries. I plan on dropping them in on Saturday.

Is anyone aware of when they will be actually picking up entries?

Cheers,

My entries (US IPA and US APA) are getting delivered to country brewer today :) good luck to everyone :)

motch02 said:
Just called the Brew Shop in Peakhurst and they weren't sure on when the HUB guys would be picking up the entries. I plan on dropping them in on Saturday.

Is anyone aware of when they will be actually picking up entries?

Cheers,
Courier Monday morning

asis said:
Courier Monday morning
Could someone from Hunter Brewers actually call me with this information? I'm accepting entries here, but have been given zero information. Barry was under the impression that somebody from Hunter Brewers was going to come and collect the entries (I tried contacting someone to get some information about this, but haven't heard anything yet). If you've arranged a courier, could you let me know the details? Give me a call on the store number some time in the next few hours before we close for the day. (02) 9533 5952.

Andrew.

Kirrawee were in the dark about pick up and a bit miffed about the organisation of this thing when I dropped off.

Hope my entries get through. First comp......I'm excited!

I emailed the organisers about the courier from Absolute Homebrew St Marys. Unfortunately it was from work and I haven't been back since. But I did tell them Pat isn't usually open Mondays if that was their plan. Hopefully the courier doesn't turn up to a closed shop on Monday. Given Casey's Beer is up and running, I dare say Pat will be in the brewery on Monday.

Just dropped my'n of at Dave's Home Brew North Sydney. He said he hasn't heard anything about a pick up time. And also said he hopes it's not Monday as he and almost everyone else in Sydney is closed on Mondays.

The Brew Shop Campbelltown is also shut Monday. I am about to drive down there and pick up the entry left there and take it to The Brew Shop PEAKHURST. The entries dropped off at Kirrawee have also been brought to PEAKHURST. So the courier needs to go to The Brew Shop PEAKHURST on Monday.
How is the courier going to handle loose bottles, bottles in milk crates, etc.? The people at The Brew Shop will try to pack them as best as possible.

I have been to The Brew Shop. It has been confirmed that HUB are having two pick ups, one Monday and one Wednesday. Both by volunteering HUB members. This will cover all drop off points including the ones closed on Monday.
Please understand this is what I have been told. I am not a part of comp organising.

All entries dropped off to The Brew Shop(s) were picked up this morning. You can all relax now. Good luck to all!

Not long now! excited to see how my brews stack up in my first comp

I'm looking forward to judging some great beer. Standards have been rising over the last 5 years, at least.

There are usually some absolute stand-outs in each class, and usually a larger number of good-very good, and a small few which 'needs work", that we try to provide suggestions re troubleshooting any issues.

Now I'm getting ahead of myself...

First-time entrant here as well.

I only decided to enter at the last minute with whatever spare stuff I had laying around. And really only for feedback.

I entered one that needs a lot of work (hoping feedback will highlight the biggest flaws so I can concentrate on those issues first).
And a couple that have only minor flaws - an IPA that's lost it's freshness, and beer that was straddling 2 styles that I now wish I'd entered in the other category.
And 2 entries that I wouldn't change at all (but both are on the edge for their styles, so who knows how they'll be judged).

Anyway, it's all a learning experience.

When can we expect to receive results?

I'd say the results will be available after the judging, but not sure how soon. Depends on several factors, but expect a week or so (Maybe sooner if we're really on the ball).
Also depends if you have provided an email address or only a street address.

Latest posts

Back