NSW State Comp 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent an expression of interest to HUBs two months ago about judging in the State Comp but haven't heard back. Anyone able to look in to this for me? I'm really keen to judge again this year and am available both days. Would be good to catch up with you all again too

Last year the rules were a limit of 2 entries per category, max 1 entry per style.

This year the rules simply state:

Each Brewer may enter a maximum of 2 entries per Class e.g. 2 x Pale Ales, 2 x Pale Lager etc.
Does this mean we can enter 2 beers per style? - e.g. 2 x Australian Pale Ale?

The Scientist said:
I sent an expression of interest to HUBs two months ago about judging in the State Comp but haven't heard back. Anyone able to look in to this for me? I'm really keen to judge again this year and am available both days. Would be good to catch up with you all again too
I will try to follow up for you. Judges are always welcome.

Any confirmation on the Kirrawee brew shop accepting entries?

Any updates on clarifying and correcting the closing date. I'm not trying to be a smart arse but the day and date of Friday the 1st of August simply doesn't exist.

Given the 1st (which it says on your flyer) is actually a Saturday that's a significant difference logistically for people.

I wouldn't be asking this question if there was a correct day and date on the flyer.

Is it Friday the 31st of July?

Or Saturday the 1st of August?

I have been involved in collecting comp entries quite a few times. I don't know the exact arrangements this time but someone(s) from the Hunter will be collecting them. I had the impression it was going to be the Saturday 1st August. Most of the shops are shut on Sunday. So I will be getting my entries in before the Saturday to be sure. If you plan to drop them on Saturday then do it early to be safe. It is nearly impossible to be at multiple location and collect entries right at closing time for each shop.

Looks like everything is falling into place. I'll ask the missus if I can go away for the weekend to steward.

Failing that I'll have a handful of beers to enter. Some will be single bottle entries as stocks are low. If I miss out on BOS so be it.

I've only got one beer worth entering, but have applied to assist in whatever capacity they need me. Will see if I can get my beer in the comp in time.

motch02 said:
Any confirmation on the Kirrawee brew shop accepting entries?
Yes, they are. I'll have to double check on a few things, but they might have to be by the Friday. Likewise, entries can be dropped off at The Brew Shop in Nowra, but they'll have to be in before Thursday.

Spoke to Kirrawee brew shop and they are a drop off point.

Hey what are the prizes? I dont enter things for glory.....i want to win shiny shit!

Ok, this might come across as a silly question, but with the entry forms (online and hard copy) as well as bottle labels, I'm really confused as to what the Entry Number is.

The entry form states 'Entry number on bottles is number as on entry form, both hardcopy and electronic'. Yet, the hardcopy form has only 6 fields, the online 8. I'm entering more than 8, so do I just start from 1-8 then go back to 1? ie. Two bottles will have the number 1? I dunno, totally confused and keep confusing myself worse!

that is used by the organisers so leave it blank.

Latest posts

Back