Nsw Ahb Xmas In July Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer Slayer to the rescue :beerbang: . After Timmy and Agro pulled out, he has stepped up to the plate and will again be the drop off point for the southern Sydney folks.

:party:

Duff - Firkin Bolter
Gough
Stuster - Belgian Dubbel
Doc - Irish Red
PoMo - English Pale Ale
Berapnopod - Stout
Bobby
Kungy - AIPA
Weizguy - Chocolate Porter
Berto
Stephen -Special Bitter
Linz - 'Scottish Amber ale' (Grumpy's master brew/Red stag)(?)
Barry - Robust Porter
Trent
T.D - Boston Lager
Shmick - ESB
DrewCarey82 - Pilsener
Nifty - Californian Common
Josh - Pilsener
KoNG - English Bitter
Thommo - Californian Common
Hopsta - English Special Bitter
Beer Slayer
Pint of Lager
Stickler - Pale Ale (partial)
Keith the Beer Guy
homebrewworld.com
Sintax69

sorry guys i am going to have to drop out as well. have been snowed under by uni work and wont be able to brew the beer before the collection date.
any takers to fill the gap?
sam?? jazzafish???

That is a bummer Bobby (and some bad planning).
We will expect passes with distinction now :p

Who was next on the roll call ?

Doc

PS: No more dropouts.

n00ch said:
If you happen to have a few drop out i would be keen to make up numbers.
[post="124417"][/post]​

N00ch, are you keen to fill in the extra spot? You will need to supply 28 tallies of your finest by late June.

Cheers.

Yep i'm in for sure.

Now to work out what i will submit....

Excellent, thanks n00ch. Look forward to your contribution.

Cheers.

Thanks Duff

Im In and yes for the people that wish to drop of at my place thats ok when the time is right. As time gets closer just let me know.
Just for the record are we aiming for the end of July??

Cheer
BS

sorry guys i am going to have to drop out as well. have been snowed under by uni work and wont be able to brew the beer before the collection date.
any takers to fill the gap?
sam?? jazzafish???

Sorry Bobby, unfortunately I won't be able to brew until about July, but it looks like n00ch has stepped up to the task so its all good

Update:-

In case any one is interested, I had a day off work and made time to brew the Berliner. Just finished the (batch) sparge, and with Gough's manifold it's the clearest runoff I ever had. Prob because it's so pale too, it just looks great. I had to recirculate only about 3 litres before the wort ran clear. The wort has been sitting at mash-out temp for a couple of hours though.

Be scared, be very scared. The acidulated malt (~380g) has soured the mash a bit already, assisted by the 7 hour acid rest starting at 38C. :eek:

Just off to boil for 20 min now. Looking at 3.2 IBUs from 28g of 2.8% AA Tettnang, with OG of approx 1.029.
It's a 25 litre batch, so I can have some to store away for warmer weather.

This time it won't be any more manky than it should be. I might even save a bottle to take to the Redoak next time I visist Sydney, to show them how a sour wheat should taste. :lol:

Seth :p

Sounds good Weizguy! Looking forward to trying the new and improved version!

Guys given 2 people have pulled out and I didnt notice replacements named how many are we now contributing?

Wasn't overly happy with the pilsner I tried on the weekend. At this stage I'll be brewing another anyway, but the alternative is a Wit that is ready to bottle.

Drew

having a look at the previous page, it seems that all the dropouts have been replaced thanks to beerslayer and n00ch. so we are still at 28.

Beerslayer, you were asking about drop off dates.

Duff said:
TD, we will start to organise dates towards the end of this month. At this stage, drop off would probably be around late June.
[post="123594"][/post]​

What does everybody think about that as a date for drop offs? (meaning we should be able to get our greasy paws on the beers by mid-July. :super: )

Sounds good to me. I will be overseas during July, but I can get my brew in before I leave in the last week of june. If Gerard is one of the pick-up people I can get it to him before then anyway when I order another lot of ingredients.

Can you place orders with Gerard for w/ends?

Cause I might grab a fresh wort off him and get him to pick up me brewski's at the same time.

I'd personally like a slightly later date if possible. I've had run of difficulties here at home over the last few weeks and haven't brewed mine yet. I'll get there but an extra week or so would be most welcome if possible :)

Shawn.

Hey Gough,

I'm planning on doing the pickup for the Northern guys (from Schmick) on Sat 1 July (as long as that is good with Schmick).
I have to come up that way on the Saturday anyway, would like to kill two birds with one stone.

That means for the Sydney guys that all beers will need to be at Duff's the weekend before (June 24-25). So depending on what your drop off point is you'll need to workout the timings.

I'll do a more detailed post with drop off points deadlines etc later, but this is a very firm guide for now.

Beers,
Doc

My brews should be ready by the Newy pickup date. I am likely to bottle the porter this week and the Berliner next week. Thanks to my brother's VB consumption/ bottle sharing.

The Berliner is nowhere near as sour as I produced via the sour mash, but it's not finished yet. Seems like it may be on par with the Redoak Berliner (which is not sour enough for me, but probably relieves most other case recipients).

Beerz

Seth out :p

Two contributions. How kind. :p

Any cheese in the Berliner yet? :blink:

Mine is all bottled and ready to go. Tasted nice when sampled at bottling time and a warming 7.3%. Really looking forward to tasting all your fine brews. :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back