Not Using Brew Enhancer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be waaaaaaaaay more worried about fermenting at 28C than whether or not the company is raking in export dollars by selling product to countries where Muslims live.

Add a few more kilos of sugar to it (white of course) and you'll be able to run your car on it and boycott OPEC...

DarrenTheDrunk said:
... I should add, I just called Coopers and they confirmed that they are Halal certified so I will never drink their beer or buy another Coopers product. Any thoughts on another brand. cheers
You've done well (so far), the last bloke simply asked "Is coopers halal" and was branded a racist , bigoted , islamophobe. Personally I don't give a shit if you buy or boycott halal certified products . There is a vast amount of collective,brewing knowledge on this forum though. Good cleaning, sanitization and temperature control really are paramount to brewing good beer before thinking of ingredients .

wereprawn said:
the last bloke simply asked "Is coopers halal" and was branded a racist , bigoted , islamophobe.
Got a link for that? Find it hard to believe that would escape AHB moderators.

wereprawn said:
I see argument on both sides here (oh and the unmissable humour which some apparently can't/refuse to recognise). No witch hunt against Halal.. nor is there one here. Darren was simply asked to explain his reasoning for his boycott; if he didn't want to be questioned about it, he didn't need to type it on a public forum.

(edit): yeah, there was also some branding and use of terms such as "bigotry" and "islamaphobe", surrounded by deep discussion about the why & how.

Wow, this got off topic quick..

Aquarium heaters? That's burning a lot of electricity to spoil your beer. Re temp control. 18c needs cooling (eg. temp controlled fridge).

Oh. I'll give thumbs up to Coopers as well.

He hasn't posted again you must have scared him off. A forum of terrorist sympathizers who indulge forbidden nectar must be so confusing. :p

Sorry, pull my tongue out of my cheek now I could help myself..

Well, I think the considered replies were great. No one attacked Darren and seriously, it's a storm in a teacup. That certification is for the peace of mind of some folks to respect their traditions. Awesome for them and the nature of the product hasn't changed and cost increase is minimal or zero, better for us. Sometimes it's a good thing to just appreciate some folks like things different and that's ok. Feeling very good about the forum having read this tonight. Also, coopers have given a lot of the Brewing community. If I can't reward them in turn by sharing their knowledge and good cheer then I'd be worse for living a half assed life I think. Cheers

DarrenTheDrunk said:
... I should add, I just called Coopers and they confirmed that they are Halal certified so I will never drink their beer or buy another Coopers product. Any thoughts on another brand. cheers
even their beer is Halal certified... tell me more....

DLetSkZ.gif

Isn't it a bit pointless getting Halal certification for beer.... muslims don't drink.....

edit: oh wait... that's bullshit. only extract products are certified.... I knew they weren't that stupid.

Lots of Muslims drink.

I've been hammered all over North Africa and Turkey.

Well I did not intend to open a Pandora’s box on this topic, but as many posts have arisen, please allow me to respond. I accept the comments that it is only the malt that is halal certified and I accept all the other comments about the magnitude of the investment from the company. What I don’t except, is your final comment that I am against all religions, which I am not, nor do I accept the comment about sanitarium and Weet-Bix nor the other comments. My position is very clear and firm. The halal certification tax is nothing but a complete and utter rort which has been demonstrated so many times by many political parties in many countries all over the world. Further comment what also has been demonstrated, that a significant portion of the funds go into supporting an ethical means, in particular terrorism. We could talk about this till the cows come home and I suspect many would need to agree to disagree, but I for one will never except this tax, the purpose for which it is intended, the dictatorial means used on companies to subscribe to this tax, or anything else in this regard. To use comments such as “this makes Coopers a huge profit”, only supports the position I am upholding. As soon as Australian companies abandon this rort the sooner it will disappear off the Australian people’s radar.

MTB - I think I have answered your question in the previous response.

Bridges - thank you for your response Bridges, as you concluded that you are curious as you don’t understand, I will afford you my opinion. Firstly, I do not need to read any more about halal certification, nor do I need to enlighten myself about the benefits it can bring an Australian business. On the contrary, it is a divisive, destructive and the fee that no Australian company needs to pay. Please, someone tell me why Australian companies need to pay a tax for a political ideology which the majority do not subscribe to? I do not care about kosher food I do not care about the fuel that I use nor do I avoid posting letters because the CEO is a Muslim. With no disrespect, that is a nonsense proposition. I respectfully suggest to you that you read a little more about the halal tax, and then perhaps get back to me if you are so inclined.

I will say no more on this topic, because this is not the forum for such matters to be discussed. I only raised this in the sense that I would not be spending my money with a company that supports this particular preposterous regime. Nothing more, nothing less. Now I plan to get back to the homebrewing.

Thank you for the comments in regard to myself brewing at far too high a temperature. I did not know this and as I write, I am about to bottle my 1st 46 L of draft which by fermented at 28°. The excitement of the bottling, and further the excitement of the Sample, I suspect will far outweigh any diminution in the quality of the beer. But thank you for your advice, and I will correct the error of my ways, because I suspect after the novelty of brewing wears off, I will be expecting a top quality beer. Again, thank you all very very much.

Go all grain and purchase from your local home brew outlet and add some hops and some good yeast. Maybe a controller and a fridge. Merry Christmas !

DarrenTheDrunk said:
Firstly, I do not need to read any more about halal certification, nor do I need to enlighten myself about the benefits it can bring an Australian business. On the contrary, it is a divisive, destructive and the fee that no Australian company needs to pay. Please, someone tell me why Australian companies need to pay a tax for a political ideology which the majority do not subscribe to?

I do not care about kosher food
I didnt realise we were a majority Jewish faith country....
learn something every day

The rest of your post is just crazy talk, and if you read some information outside your 'anti halal' bubble you might see that your beliefs on both the religion and the 'halal certification' nonsense you're dribbling are incorrect

Bugger the halal conspiracy nonsense, I'm more worried about the hundreds of thousands of extra-terrestrials who are living inside the Earth in caves and even entire cities, for the last 30,000 years.
I know it's true because it's on YouTube.

Ask Malcolm Roberts, he'll confirm.

Latest posts

Back