Noobie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulyssian27

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the home brewing game. The wife gave me a coopers kit for xmas and started my first brew on boxing day. That was the cooper os lager with 1kg BE1. Thats been in the bottles for 3 weeks now. I followed that with a os draught with 1kg BE2 and thats been in the bottles for 5 days now. 4 days ago I started a Mexican Cerveza with 1kg BE3 and 10g infusion bag of galaxy hops. I'm really enjoying the ride.
Cheers, Dave.

Welcome Dave!
I started home brewing to save myself some money, but have since continued because I’m making great beers and enjoy doing it. Maybe not saving as much money now due to buying too much brewing bling, it’s a slippery slope!

Hi all,
I'm new to the home brewing game. The wife gave me a coopers kit for xmas and started my first brew on boxing day. That was the cooper os lager with 1kg BE1. Thats been in the bottles for 3 weeks now. I followed that with a os draught with 1kg BE2 and thats been in the bottles for 5 days now. 4 days ago I started a Mexican Cerveza with 1kg BE3 and 10g infusion bag of galaxy hops. I'm really enjoying the ride.
Cheers, Dave.
Good start. The BE 1, 2, 3 are different proportions of malt, maltodextrin and dextrose. For your next brew try a kilo of light dry malt on its own. You should note an improved difference.

Thanks Grott,
Thinking of doing Australian Pale Ale next. Will try a kg of light dry malt with it.
Cheers, Dave.

Good one, and the pale ale is a good one for it.
I take it your using Coopers PET bottles. If so storage good for 9 to 12 months at best however they are for drinking.
With your brews try and keep half a dozen aside and taste one at 1 month intervals and take notes on carbonation on opening, beer head, carbonation in the glass, head retention, smell and taste. That way you appreciate the maturity, get and understanding of development and establish a good drinking time. I found the Coopers English Bitter was at its best at about 8 weeks.

straight malted barley extract for the win , or a little bit of wheat malt, leave that dex to the megaswill factories.

Welcome Dave. Where are you guys based? There are many brew clubs on here from different parts of the country, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Garf

Hi Garf,
We're on the Central Coast NSW.
Cheers, Dave.
There are a few brewers around Gosford and a few up north that try to get together once a month if you're interested.
About to organise a meet for the 18th if you feel like coming along and trying a few other brewer's creations. Usually held at someone's place.

Back