No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a two calves we raised in the house yard. Freezer Freddy and T Bone Tassie. They were beautiful animals, especially with a thin smear of dijon.

Understand the need for moderating offending posts but could we make an exception for posts aimed at Cocko. Otherwise all my posts will get deleted.

Camo6 said:
We had a two calves we raised in the house yard. Freezer Freddy and T Bone Tassie. They were beautiful animals, especially with a thin smear of dijon.

Understand the need for moderating offending posts but could we make an exception for posts aimed at Cocko. Otherwise all my posts will get deleted.

I am not offended nor do I find it not enjoyable, so you may be safe, mate.

Oh, also, using dijon..... Reported.

Cocko said:
Do any of you guys raise animals that you kill and eat?

Seriously, I wanna have some chickens but swmbo says if we give them names, we cant kill and eat them...

Cheers
Chickens? Bahh,nuts to that. The odd beef animal, for sure. We had a few when I was growing up. One kill and thats your lot as far as prime red meat goes for the next six months or so.

Chickens? All that prep work,plucking, gutting and so on for so little return? Just a poor trade for ones time in my opinion. Good for eggs only at the domestic level.

Frankly, you'll gain more enjoyment from creating mafia like scenarios (you can be the 'capo') where you 'whack' one of the birds, perhaps one thats a little sluggish on the lay ( imagine eggs as your tribute) then dispose of the body in a shallow grave, metal drum or in a suitable body of water attached to a brick or two.

Dave70 said:
Chickens? Bahh,nuts to that. The odd beef animal, for sure. We had a few when I was growing up. One kill and thats your lot as far as prime red meat goes for the next six months or so.

Chickens? All that prep work,plucking, gutting and so on for so little return? Just a poor trade for ones time in my opinion. Good for eggs only at the domestic level.

Frankly, you'll gain more enjoyment from creating mafia like scenarios (you can be the 'capo') where you 'whack' one of the birds, perhaps one thats a little sluggish on the lay ( imagine eggs as your tribute) then dispose of the body in a shallow grave, metal drum or in a suitable body of water attached to a brick or two.
REPORTED.

Cocko said:
Do any of you guys raise animals that you kill and eat?

Seriously, I wanna have some chickens but swmbo says if we give them names, we cant kill and eat them...

Cheers
I grew up eating home grown chooks. Some with names, some with out.

We also had beef calves on the dairy farm I used to work for. Raised them from the day they were born.
Had one that turned out to be a real arsehole. Breaking fences and escaping and the like. He was easier to eat.

When your Mrs says 'we' can't kill them what she obviously means is that she wants you to do it without her knowing.

This would likely take place when you are home alone one day and not brewing beer.

It would also coincide with one of your chickens mysteriously running away from home the same day that a pillow exploded in the back yard and you had a delicious chicken dinner that didn't quite look the same as shop bought chickens but was tastier for some reason.

Cocko said:
I am not offended nor do I find it not enjoyable, so you may be safe, mate.

Oh, also, using dijon..... Reported.
Dijon is the king of mustards my good man and I suggest you eat a bowl full.

I raise cattle, sheep, pigs chooks at various times, all have names and all end up in the pot.
I think it is important for kids to understand where their dinner comes from.

All of the animals get killed and butchered on site and I don't hide that from the kids even though they are young (3.5 years and 9 months)

Cheers
Chris

I'm going to kill one of my eggplant fruits today.

Hey now that I've escaped from the land of the Garden Gnome I can have a rabbit, apparently there are breeds that like to live indoors and are easily toilet trained to a litter tray. And the bastards don't bark or hump visitors legs.
I'd train mine to hump next door's Shitzu.

By the way what is a bait post, precisely?

Are kittens still allowed? :unsure:

If I had my way I would bait the neighbouring kittens. I intend to plant some hakea or similar out the front for good native bird nesting trees.
Wow, a literal post from me in this thread with no innuendo and we're discussing baiting kittens. I am off my game.

Bribie G said:
I can have a rabbit, apparently there are breeds that like to live indoors and are easily toilet trained to a litter tray. And the bastards don't bark or hump visitors legs.
I'd train mine to hump next door's Shitzu.
Don't get a buck rabbit though...
My parent's picked one up from a breeding farm many years ago.
You know that scene in the Holy Grail? Turns out it isn't that far fetched.
The little ******* decided the back beside the water tank was his territory and he attacked any male who came there, particularly my Dad.
They bite and kick at the same time and can reach 3-4 feet from the ground.
We had a plumber come to do work who scoffed at my Dad's warning and then refused to come back to finish the job unless we locked the thing up.
It was particularly vicious to Dad as the 'alpha' male.
It used to come up, look at him until Dad picked him up and then proceed to bite him on the inside thigh or any other soft area it could reach.
It also used to come up without warning and leap over the newspaper Dad was fond of reading on a step by the verandah's edge, used to scare the crap out of Dad to have this large ball of fur, teeth and claws suddenly appear over the paper at him...

That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

Latest posts

Back