No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baiting posts have been removed, continuous efforts at the same baiting will results in bans. Please keep this a place for all visitors to enjoy.

Cocko said:
Wow.

And off we go...

Good to see OT threads will be moderated also.

Off Topic is for Off Topic chat, but any baiting, phishing, abusive comments etc will still need to be moderated.

"No Topic", so you don't need to stick to a topic. But that does not give any user grounds to break the forum guidelines. Maybe you should go and review them.

When any members enjoyment of this forum is tainted by smug bullying the offending posts will be removed. Taking a joke too far, especially after PM's are sent asking to refrain, is not within the spirit of AHB or the no topic thread.

Let's not let this thread go down the path of the WPMO.

Do any of you guys raise animals that you kill and eat?

Seriously, I wanna have some chickens but swmbo says if we give them names, we cant kill and eat them...

Cheers

That was our household rule too. Except I called them dinner 1, dinner 2, dinner 3. SWMBO felt that since we could differentiate them by those names, they were now pets and we couldn't eat them.

Cocko said:
Do any of you guys raise animals that you kill and eat?

Seriously, I wanna have some chickens but swmbo says if we give them names, we cant kill and eat them...

Cheers
Simple. Don't name them.

My son differentiated one of our chooks with blue paint. Similar to the dog.

What if you called it dinner?

We had chooks, great for eggs, but I got sick of them shitting everywhere so I gave them to my granny as she had a massive chook yard. A dog got in and ate all her chooks except for Martha, one of the chickens we gave her.

When I was a kid we grew our own chooks and ate them. Looking back the old girl was a bit harsh, the chopping block was in direct view of the chook yard. I'd get home from school and the old concrete laundry tubs were full of hot water and chooks. Usually a couple of eggs in a glass in the fridge, she wouldn't waste the eggs that didn't quite have a shell yet.

Uncle had a farm so also learnt early where meat came from.

To answer your question, no I could not eat my pets. We have a large area at work that I could grow some cows in but I just can't bring myself to do it.

A mates family raised a cow when he was a kid, he named it "Steaky" and they are it. Similar to "Dinner" I suppose.

manticle said:
If goldfish were edible I could.
sometimes I wonder what my cats might taste like.
I know what cat tastes like. There was a little old man that used to sell tamales around town when I lived in Santa Fe, New Mexico in the States. We bought his tamales all the time at work when he came round. When he died they found a pit in his back yard with over 500 cat skeletons in it. :blink:

Back