No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brew fridge is gone! I was using this as a fermenting fridge and a beer fridge alternately. Damn!

Just had a bird from the Cancer Council knock on the door. Gave me the usual spiel about what they are trying to do to reduce the death rate of cancer etc. She then asked: "So have you had any family members who have had cancer?"
"Yes, I have."
"And how are they going now?"
"They all died".

Kind of went downhill from there really!

That's a weird question to ask knowing the strong possibility of that exact answer.

This thread seems apt for me today. Away from home on site, been raining all day. Got sent back to camp at 9AM, did a 2nd gym session for the day and have proceeded to do nothing for the last eight hours.

StalkingWilbur said:
That's a weird question to ask knowing the strong possibility of that exact answer. This thread seems apt for me today. Away from home on site, been raining all day. Got sent back to camp at 9AM, did a 2nd gym session for the day and have proceeded to do nothing for the last eight hours.
Hard working Miner :p

Hard working Miner :p

Haha. I didn't chose to work away to work hard, I can do that in the city!

StalkingWilbur said:
Got sent back to camp at 9AM, did a 2nd gym session for the day and have proceeded to do nothing for the last eight hours.
Blow numbers did ya?

Just found out that Business Improvement at our site is going to take all of the hard work my guys did on a project, put their name on it and claim all the glory. And there's nothing I can do about it. Got told I am not a team player.

Yeh, ya get used to that shit after a while, the real workers and bosses know the truth, but the ones with the money and blinded no sense never know it was you. But as I said, it's always annoying and frustrating but you get used to it.

Just say what I say whenever someone tells me there's no "I" in team - tell them there's a "you" in ****.

Yeah sad day for Tassie. Never good when they never come home.

Sad is an understatement. As someone with two brothers underground and who is on the emergency response team it's absolutely terrifying and heartbreaking. My thoughts go out to their friends and families.

bradsbrew said:
Wow. Whoever sent her out on the road needs a good kick up the arse.
Yeah, man. I wanted to give her some tips on her build up techniques but was cooking dinner and really couldn't be arsed. I even asked her if she wanted a small cash donation and she declined and said they were only seeking long-term financial commitments. No sale.

Sorry to hear about your mates, blokes.

I don't understand when it became so hard to donate money anyway. I can't even recall the amount of times I've been asked and offered a donation only to then refuse when they ask for a direct debit monthly donation.

I got talked into it twice when I was younger. Once by a cute girl who worked for the WWF (the wildlife foundation, not the wrestlers) until I returned to study and couldn't afford it. The second time by another cute girl working for the WWF a couple of years later. I think they're my kryptonite.

Back