No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liam_snorkel said:
Time signature hell? Nah. They have some moments, but nah.
Gimmy another band close to them who change so many times just in one song, or in a whole CD, I cant think of any, in any genre, other then the obvious classical and symphony.

Or anything African based?

White man in the hizzy.

hahahaha, I havnt listened to a lot of African music. Other than drumming music, and there is normally a few drummers, not one.

A bit heavier but close off the top of my head. No vocals on the album but that's not relevant.

akaname.bandcamp.com/album/akaname-2010

Got some mates who are drummers. There a lot more to it than you think. They fuss over getting the sound just right.

Strangely, they have never met but have Australian made Sleishman kits

Gimme a reason why time signature train spotting makes music good? Wouldn't consider myself a musician anymore (u bass noodling while working away from home aside) but have played with plenty of drummers who were far better musicians than myself who don't rate tool.

jlm said:
Gimme a reason why time signature train spotting makes music good? Wouldn't consider myself a musician anymore (u bass noodling while working away from home aside) but have played with plenty of drummers who were far better musicians than myself who don't rate tool.
It doesn't. But when you're surrounded by 4/4 even the slightest variation is enough to get people excited. Change it during a song and minds will be blown.

Liam_snorkel said:
Time signature hell? Nah. They have some moments, but nah.
Compared to pop music, they're time signature hell. Compared to the rest of the prog world, they're 4/4.

Tool will always be up there as one of my biggest influences in my music writing, but in prog terms, they have quite structured and 'simple' music, for lack of a better term.

Danny really is an incredible drummer though.

We'll revisit this after their next album due early next year :super:

I've seen them live 6-7 times, and I will admit, 2 of their shows unless a hard fan, were boring. I think they do that shit on purpose for festivals, then kickarse on side shows, Their BDO shows, they play random filler songs, or long arse songs like 3rd eye, and when your backing up after Rammstein who had fireworx and flame throwers, as the case a coupla year ago, you not going to win over crowds playing that pick of your song list.

Hasn't this album been due at the start of next year for the past 3 years? :D

Hahaha, yeh, but current interviews suggest it will actually be due early next year.

But who the hell knows anymore...

shaunous said:
after Rammstein who had fireworx and flame throwers
Well, if that's your frame of reference...

Interesting time sigs don't automatically make good music, I was just responding to "time sig hell". I pretty much agree with everything above that has been posted this morning

bum said:
Well, if that's your frame of reference...
I was referring to there spot in the line-up at a music festival, Tool putting on a mediocre performance straight after Rammstein have just literally lit up the joint. I wasn't saying Rammstein were my 2nd favorite band ever. U reading any posts before replying lately bum :unsure: , or are you trying to put words in my mouth :ph34r: :lol:

Not at all. You just completely reinforced the way I read your initial post.

shaunous said:
Gimmy another band close to them who change so many times just in one song, or in a whole CD, I cant think of any, in any genre, other then the obvious classical and symphony.
In fairness, Haake is more an organic robot and math metal drummer, but he's at the top of his game. Just try and play a Meshuggah tune end to end. If the time sig don't get ya, the shin splints will.

Indecently, after reading their book, I'm firmly of the opinion Tool are a quartet of pretentious arty ***** who hold their fans in contempt. Careys occult preoccupation makes it almost embarrassing that he's such a superb drummer and Keenan would much prefer to be tending his vineyard in Arizona than streaking moody anthems to a pack of kids blazed on dope and the latest designer amphetamines. Wackos.. Just as it should be.

http://youtu.be/4dPhmgMoTuk

Good thing about Rammstien is that even thou the sing in German, being metal they are about as understandable as the rest.

So I just turn it up to loud as ****.

Wow mods. Just wow. U have deleted my post in the OT section without so much as a pm. Just becuaee I made a critisism of the board.
Censor mad around here. There is no way u lot can say this isn't because of the new owners instructions.

Way to screw up a forum. Perhaps we should ban AG talk and limit to tin of goo talk cause its more user friendly....

Latest posts

Back