No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You were very wise not to put this in the "humour" forum. The mods are pretty picky about keeping the other forums on topic.

I see BOOBIES everywhere...
"Happy birthday, I got you a present, prepare to be boarded..." Mate to his wife 1.30am on her birthday after a heavy night.

How do you know that???? were you there?

I made the best silverside for dinner last night

aprox 500ml of brown viniger
table spoon ginger
tablespoon garlic
4 bayleaves
teaspoon dried chilli
teaspoon peppercorns
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large onion roughly cut
about 10 cloves or a teaspoon
740ml bottle of home made ginger beer

cook/boil silverside in this for aprox 45 mins turning once

then take out silverside and put a 1/2 cm of brown sugar on top of the meat and then throw on the bbq or in the oven till the meat gets a nice brown to it and the glaze has melted

while the meat is browning up reduce the liquid that the meat has boiled in (i usaly take out a cup of liquid and throw it away because I cook for 2 ) to make a chutney/sauce for serving i usaly throw a coupple of spring onions in at the last minute just to add some green in the sauce you may need to break up the onions with a fork whilst reducing

just thaught I would let you all know as it tastes just as good the next day in a sandwich :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

I made the best silverside for dinner last night

aprox 500ml of brown viniger
table spoon ginger
tablespoon garlic
4 bayleaves
teaspoon dried chilli
teaspoon peppercorns
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large onion roughly cut
about 10 cloves or a teaspoon
740ml bottle of home made ginger beer

cook/boil silverside in this for aprox 45 mins turning once

then take out silverside and put a 1/2 cm of brown sugar on top of the meat and then throw on the bbq or in the oven till the meat gets a nice brown to it and the glaze has melted

while the meat is browning up reduce the liquid that the meat has boiled in (i usaly take out a cup of liquid and throw it away because I cook for 2 ) to make a chutney/sauce for serving i usaly throw a coupple of spring onions in at the last minute just to add some green in the sauce you may need to break up the onions with a fork whilst reducing

just thaught I would let you all know as it tastes just as good the next day in a sandwich :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

Pffffft!

Want real flavour roast it in a low oven for 2 hours!

I dont have 2 hours on a weekday

+ its summer and just about all cooking gets done on the BBQ

Good on ya Katie. :) :wub:

Once you are settled in, make sure you get your brewery set up. :D

haha. some idiot at work is trying to sell a denon DVD/SACD/CD player on our staff bulletin for $800!
I'm sure it's good but have u heard of blue ray, pal?

Thanks Chap Chap, Pete, Adam and Warra....

Im so so excited... even more excited about moving in 39 -40c heat! Luckily its only a 5 - 8 minute drive to the beach!

I was meant to have a quite night tonight... Somehow I dont think so!

Im going back to Summer Bay for 3 more Night's before moving into my own home.

Might have few Extra drinkies tonight!

Happy Times

1236232550734.jpg

Don't you love that "Couldn't be arsed" feeling you get when you see your fermenter sitting at 34c?
You look at it and think, "oh um, yeah, ah, fucken whatever.... it's only a toucan"

My fermenter's only 1m away from a northern facing garage door. Think I'll call it quits for brewing in summer.... till I get that fermenting fridge.

Yeah, I know, it's ON TOPIC.

Back