No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching the Edinburgh Military Tattoo with 4 year old son.

Me: What do you reckon you'd like to play little man? Pipes or drums.
Young bloke: The cannon.

That's my boy.

haha thats gold, some infantry units still have pipes and drums, pair that with being in the mortars section and he can have the cannon aswell.

About a month ago I tripped up whilst pissed and whacked my nose on the coffee table.

Since then one nostril has been noticeably larger than the other, no doubt due to injury of the septum but totally ruining my intriguing and impressive beauty.

Maybe I should post this in the Third World Problems thread.

nostrils.jpg

Bribie G said:
About a month ago I tripped up whilst pissed and whacked my nose on the coffee table.

Since then one nostril has been noticeably larger than the other, no doubt due to injury of the septum but totally ruining my intriguing and impressive beauty.

Maybe I should post this in the Third World Problems thread.

attachicon.gif
nostrils.jpg
Just stick a tampon in the other nostril overnight, should be balanced out by morning

For the big 1000th post I thought I'd take a leap with a 'selfie' (man I hate that word). I run a touch team, see below for our team name on our shirt -
IMG_3194.JPG

Coincident with 1000 posts on the forum, it's pretty clear this bloody hobby has become an obsession.
Many more good brews ahead :icon_cheers:

Pretty sure there's a vege gardening thread already in existence. Can someone link me if they know where it is? I don't want to start a new one but can't find it.
Cheers.

DASFFS. But yeah, really don't need to see your tomato dick pics when I mulched my garden with the ride on at the start of the season.

Did asffs- unsuccessfully, hence the question. My tomatoes are currently just slightly longer than my actual dick and I am to gardening what a brigalow man is to brewing. New, eager and without knowledge or boasting rights of any kind.

I tried to grow tomatoes last year and failed miserably, not one edible piece of fruit. Ripped out the vegie patch and gave up... did some "weeding" today only to find two 3 foot tomato plants in the same corner of the garden where i tried to grow them last year... the Earth must be taking the piss!!!

Got mine in early last year and now I've got tomatoes coming out my ass. You're welcome to as many as you want DJ but I'd wash em first...
Poke a few holes in a decent bag of potting mix and stick in a seedling and you could grow them anywhere. Just dont chuck them in the compost or you'll have them everywhere.

When did you plant them manticle? Tomatoes are one of those things that will grow anywhere but depending on your climate and when you planted, maturation varies a bit.
I have a garden with dedicated garden mix (compost, soil, dung, mushroom compost, chook poo - the works) and compost. I use sugar cane mulch to cover. Every year in about June I turn it over and put garden compost under the soil (about 250mm). It continues to decompose there so next year the compost and mulch get turned into the mix. At this time I also crush all the rotted tomatoes that have fallen and mix it all up. By about September new tomato seedlings are sprouting all over the garden so I select the strongest ones and transfer them to a new part of the garden.
So that's happened, and in mid Jan I have 3 massive, healthy bushes with no red fruit yet. If you're in Melbourne I'd expect tomatoes planted in September should be ripening by now, but if planted later then the bush probably hasn't peaked so might produce smaller fruit or ripen a little late.
Water regularly, keep the tomato dust on them, plenty of sun and make sure your soil's not too acidic. Try to plant as early as possible in late winter or early spring.

Mine were in real late so my expectations aren't high. Some new seedlings from compost plus a few planted from tomatoes given from an old calabrese lady's garden (my partner's sicilian father's partner). Maybe late december for one plant, the rest early Jan. Nothing to lose if they don't fruit this year. Just having a variety of fresh herbs on hand makes me smile - veggies are a bonus.

manticle said:
Just having a variety of fresh herbs on hand makes me smile - veggies are a bonus.
Indeed. Life would not be as interesting if there weren't herbs growing outside. Convenient to grab whenever you want and how about the prices at the super market? $2.50 for a bit of green stuff. A chimichurri sauce would add up pretty quick.

Mind you if you have the time you can get herbs really cheap at some of the markets, little Saigon in footscray is good for that.

Tahoose said:
Mind you if you have the time you can get herbs really cheap at some of the markets, little Saigon in footscray is good for that.
Yeah, the markets can be good for cheap greenery. Gepps Cross isn't far from me. Don't like the entrance fee but you save more than enough to make up for it. Do like the herbs in the garden though...It's a sad world when you have to weigh up the cost of water (or the "supply" of water because water is "free") to the amount of produce you are growing.

I can get to my garden to pick 5 basil leaves fresh more quickly than I can get to footscray to get a whole bunch that may mostly wilt in my fridge. As much as I love markets, growing herbs makes so much sense in so many ways.

Latest posts

Back