No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheWiggman said:
I walk past these every day at work and I swear they whisper "lambic" at me. I reckon they'd be perfect, pretty sure they're the same material as the Better Bottles.
Yep, thinking along the same lines. Barley wine, RIS or over the top IPA with the balls of a fortified wine and the fermentation rate of a glacier.

kevo said:
Don't ferment but bottle from one - holds 15L
So you use it like a secondary?

They're still susceptible to oxygen permeation aka "The Devil!" but they're 10x better than HDPE. Would be good for a few months, and considering workplaces have them they're much cheaper to borrow than to buy a demijon.

TheWiggman said:
They're still susceptible to oxygen permeation aka "The Devil!" but they're 10x better than HDPE. Would be good for a few months, and considering workplaces have them they're much cheaper to borrow than to buy a demijon.
Have a distribution/filling(?) centre near me, just went and asked and they gave me a few they couldn't use anymore. Ok for home brew but not up to scratch for them.

Only time I used as a secondary was the only time I've frozen my beer - glad it was in plastic!!

Has a 7 on it - is that unspecified plastics? How does that go in terms of leaching nasties into solvents like alcohol?

Might have to try this next time I'm on a quiet overnight flight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDEyLzvcDb8

Or the daytime version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sukWKKufbK0

Florian said:
Might have to try this next time I'm on a quiet overnight flight:

Or the daytime version:

I oft have wondered what the experience would be like flushing the toilet on a plane whilst sitting... not game enough to try though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Often wondered on some of the international flights I have been on if some people even know what dunny paper is for,let alone leaving the dunny in a clean state......Fckn pigs.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
I oft have wondered what the experience would be like flushing the toilet on a plane whilst sitting... not game enough to try though.
By the look of that video, it might be good if you're a bit constipated.

Steak and eggs for brekky, now I am ready to face the day....or possibly have a nap.

sponge said:
Comic sans and wingdings FTW.
Wingdings Controversy (from Wikipedia):

In 1992, only days after the release of Windows 3.1, it was discovered that the character sequence "NYC" (a frequently used abbreviation for New York City) in Wingdings was rendered as a skull and crossbones symbol, Star of David, and thumbs up gesture. This was often interpreted as an antisemitic message.[8] Microsoft strongly denied this was intentional, and insisted that the final arrangement of the glyphs in the font was largely random. (The character sequence "NYC" in the later-released Webdings font, in turn, was intentionally rendered as eye, heart, and city skyline, referring to the I Love New York logo.[9])
9/11 attacks (hoax)

The "Q33 NY" symbols typed out in Wingdings

After September 11, 2001, an email was circulated claiming that entering "Q33 NY", which it claims is the flight number of the first plane to hit the Twin Towers, or the address of the World Trade Center, in Wingdings would bring up a character sequence of a plane flying into two towers, followed by the skull and crossbones symbol and the Star of David.[8] This is a hoax: the flight numbers of the two airplanes that hit the towers were American Airlines Flight 11 and United Airlines Flight 175; the tail numbers were N334AA and N612UA.

Well, Wikipedia has clearly been infiltrated by Islam loving hippie nazi members of the illuminati. It's the only logical explanation.

From Wingdings to Supertramp.

Super Tramp's "Breakfast in America" album cover reversed conspiracy:

Supertramp-Breakfast-In-America-album-cover reversed.jpg

The OP on this subject was Eve:

9/11 was served with breakfast...not to mention the everyday fight for freedom: "Breakfast In America."
Orange juice = fireball
You are looking out of the window of a plane, she is showing the target.
"the 'U' and 'P' of Supertramp flipped around to look like the figures '9' and '11"
Great imagination, but I think she's a "Dreamer" concerning "The Crime of the Century". (Double bass drum kick)

Latest posts

Back