No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. And I love (westernized?) Vietnamese food so much.

My girlfriend and I refer to coriander as pooiander. We're very mature, obviously.

Not For Horses said:
Spent a week strolling the streets of Hanoi and spent a couple of afternoons in a kitchen there with a local chef.
If you don't like coriander, it might not be the best place to visit.
Well, **** those people.
Coriander and chilli would make tofu taste good. Allright, half decent. I'd rate it up there with basil pretty much,

Even I can knock out a family pleasing version of pho with some basic ingredients like fish stock, chilli, coriander, noodles and bits of leftover meat.

And when it runs to seed, which is allways, you can make a Hoegaarden clone.

It just keeps on giving I tell you.

Dave70 said:
Coriander and chilli would make tofu taste good. Allright, half decent. I'd rate it up there with basil pretty much,
Chili and garlic is a far superior combination.

Never eaten it, and never would. Unless dared like the time I drank my own piss.

I neither understand the reasons behind tofu, but, we are all different.
I kill my meat in my backyard(farm) and eat it, with my home grown veges served with my homemade beer/cider and proud of it, it's a long way from buying an overpriced meat substitute from a supermarket chain that's packaged in plastic.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Dog shit would make tofu taste good.
Quite.

Personally, I have no aversion to veggie based dishes. My sister is a (morality based) vegan and a dab hand in the kitchen. One thing she avoids, and this is critical, is preparing faux meat or dairy dishes and gleefully offering them up with the assurence ' Oh, you won't even tell the difference'. Horseshit.
May as well pair it with a 'light' IIPA.

Never understood the vegetablists want to make things like meat. Not dogs, not bacon, tofurkey etc. If vegetables are so great make your tofu into carrots and broccoli.
My favourite pizza though is a vegetarian with hot salami and bacon.

Favorite pizza at the moment for me is potato, sweet potato and maple syrup. Oh my lord!

Although, on second thoughts, like everything, would probably be better with bacon. I know what I'm ordering when I get home.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I love using vietnamese mint.
I have a huge pot of Vietnamese mint, tastes identical to coriander.

Coriander is love it or hate it, or somewhere in between. I love it but I can understand why many people compare it to burnt rubber.

Just a reminder to keep the off topic thread on topic, otherwise your posts will be moved to another off topic thread that's more on topic.

Bribie G said:
I have a huge pot of Vietnamese mint, tastes identical to Coriander
I find it has a more peppery bite, but very similar.

Best grown in pots. Loves water like all mints.

And just to keep it totally off topic, how do you punters adjust your water for growing your mints?

Do you use EZ Water Calculator, or something else?

Latest posts

Back