No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camo6 said:
I just hope when I go out for a night with the lads my wife isn't at home 'skiing' with the Schumachers.
Baaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....

WINNER!

Has anyone had a message from a former member mysteriously disappear from their AHB mailbox disappear overnight? Or is it just me?

Has anyone had a message from a former member mysteriously disappear from their AHB mailbox disappear overnight? Or is it just me?
If a banned member starts another account when found they will be banned, subsequently if they have sent PM's these will also be deleted.

Edit; Admin does not need to check who they sent them to, any PM's attached to the 2nd account get deleted.

It's strange that the message only disappeared last night, when the account from which the message was sent was disabled a few days earlier.

It's almost like SOMEONE ELSE deleted the message.

thedragon said:
It's strange that the message only disappeared last night, when the account from which the message was sent was disabled a few days earlier.

It's almost like SOMEONE ELSE deleted the message.
it's almost like the "software" took a while to catch up. It happens.

That's a fair call. I sent a PM to a banned member that states it's been read well after said banning. Am I reading too much Orwell?

bradsbrew said:
If a banned member starts another account when found they will be banned, subsequently if they have sent PM's these will also be deleted.Edit.
Brad, if that's true then how come I still have PMs from a member that has been banned? Following your logic they shouldn't be there anymore or am I missing something?

Florian said:
Brad, if that's true then how come I still have PMs from a member that has been banned? Following your logic they shouldn't be there anymore or am I missing something?
I also have PMs that were sent to me by banned members back in the day in my mailbox. It's just one that was a little provocative that has been removed.

AndrewQLD said:
it's almost like the "software" took a while to catch up. It happens.
The software isn't very good then. It still hasn't caught up with PMs that we're send 9 months ago.

StalkingWilbur said:
Hahaha. Why don't women's clothing stores have couches for boyfriends? As someone who is currently being dragged from store to store it would certainly make my experience much more enjoyable and make it much more likely that I would be happy about returning with her she would have more opportunity to spend more money. It makes economic sense to me.
They like to see you mill around uncomfortably, giving other males the knowing nod and smile that you are in agony.
They should put a tabletop arcade machine there with beer. I guarantee blokes couldn't care less how much the other half spends on shiny trinkets, gewgaws and stuff that I can't tell if it is an item of clothing or a handbag.

Florian said:
It's a manual option Florian. In this case and any future ones if a banned member starts a new account and sends out PM's those will be deleted, as an option from a dropdown box. (they are no longer a member and lose the right to send PM's) Any PM's from a member that has been banned should still be there.

This was a private conversation though between 7 or so members and one banned member who started a new account. Can't say I'm happy that all individual messages from the current members have also been deleted togehter with this conversation.
I treasure each an every PM get, I have said that before in different context.

Actually, I'm quite angry about it, if I'm allowed to say so.

Florian said:
This was a private conversation though between 7 or so members and one banned member who started a new account. Can't say I'm happy that all individual messages from the current members have also been deleted togehter with this conversation.
I treasure each an every PM get, I have said that before in different context.

Actually, I'm quite angry about it, if I'm allowed to say so.
Sorry it worked out that way Florian. Was the conversation started by someone other than the banned member??. But you have to understand how a second account from a banned member that does not post but sends Pm's would be treated.

Can any other discussion of this be by PM please. I think I have been transparent enough regarding the situation.

Thanks

They like to see you mill around uncomfortably, giving other males the knowing nod and smile that you are in agony.
They should put a tabletop arcade machine there with beer. I guarantee blokes couldn't care less how much the other half spends on shiny trinkets, gewgaws and stuff that I can't tell if it is an item of clothing or a handbag.

Hahahah. That look says more than words ever could. And I think the real trouble comes from trying to distinguish between what's a shirt/top and what's a dress. Some tips and dresses have looked exactly the same length to me, not that I'm complaining though.

Back