No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was more asking about who spat the dummy rather than who actually deleted it. although im putting my money on ummm Doc or ANdrewQLD (on the mod that deleted it, not that spat the dummy)

Who?????

someone got a line on the odds for this? I'd give GL a run at 2.50 and A.QLD at 4.00 with kirem to complete the trifecta....

Me???????

I caught the tail end of it this morning as it got canned. Words were said. The OP didn't like ****'s opinion on the matter and wasn't afraid to say so. Made himself look a bit silly in the process if you ask me. Mod's decision was probably a good one by that stage. OP didn't seem to want any discussion despite starting a thread on it.

For some reason I seem to recall PostModern closing it... might be mistaken. The reason was posted as 'due to the OP's request' but I think that was a translation of the words 'f*** off' being used.

Ahh the facts finally appear, and what? it was a good decision too???????? :lol: :lol:

Andrew

You mean light lagers, weizens and summer ales?
Yep, them too. :icon_chickcheers:

Can't go bah humbuggish in my place, the kids' love it. And any excuse for a party.
But each to their own hey?

yeah mate we were taking light hearted bets on which mod deleted it but only as a side issue. we wanted to know which AHB memebr posted something that made the thread get closed.

it within the mods pervue to close threads. we werent contesting that. getting the info from QB was good enough for us.

yeah mate we were taking light hearted bets on which mod deleted it but only as a side issue. we wanted to know which AHB memebr posted something that made the thread get closed.

it within the mods pervue to close threads. we werent contesting that. getting the info from QB was good enough for us.

That's the way I took it to CM2, hence the double LOLs.

Andrew

i personally cant see how it could = a 20min additon

I don't want to start a brewing discussion in this thread but I was keeping an eye on that thread last night to see if I could get more info about that. My assumption has been that since the hops themselves aren't in the boil they aren't considered to be doing any bittering.

I have no idea if this is backed up by any science but I was looking forward to seeing if any was provided.

RIP thread that might have had some useful posts amongst the swearing.

Swearing? OH NOS!

Nah, the hops are in the boil, theyre just added to the kettle when the first runnings are transferred. The actual IBU from the FWH is similar to what it would be if it were just added at the start of the boil, but the perceived is much lower due to the pre-steeping perhaps . The perceived IBU seems to be similar to a 20 minute addition, I'd imagine this perceived IBU would be related to the oil profile of the hops.

That's the way I took it to CM2, hence the double LOLs.

Andrew
So spill the beans andrew... Who deleted it? Not that we disapprove, but there's odds here, and we need to settle up :p

It could be perceived that Adam is onto something regarding the perceived effect
bum it could perceivred that ur thinking of mash hopping rather than fwh. Can anyone else get the word perceived in some some times

So spill the beans andrew... Who deleted it? Not that we disapprove, but there's odds here, and we need to settle up :p

The odds are who ever deleted the thread will more than likely see this one and if they want to raise their hand they will. It's certainly not my place to point the finger.
Sorry Maple.

Cheers
Andrew

Correct weight. Thanks to you and Adamt for the clarification.

look mate im getting quite sick of you and cm2 not fighting anymore? what happened guys? you both used to be sooooo cool....

It's officially summer - weather in Melbourne sucks, and the cricket is on! Watson needs to go, no shot offered, back to the rooms for a duck - f'wit.

If your listening to it on ABC it's at least a bit of a laugh. A heavy getter outerer, man those comentators crack me up with their shit talking, more so than the shit talking they have on the tele

Watson needs to go, no shot offered, back to the rooms for a duck - f'wit.

Are you kidding me???? After that duck, the selectors (if they are actually watching the game) would have whipped out the permanent marker and written his name at the top of the team sheets for the rest of the summer. All we need now is for Hussey to get a duck and that goose Hillditch will probably hand him the captaincy!

/end rant SJ

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Watson is not the future. He can't bowl consistently enough to be effective at his pace and he rarely performs in Australia. His body is shot, he will eventually break down again and it will be all over a.k.a Flintoff.

He is a poor man's Andrew McDonald, and he should replace Watson as the all-rounder. This is especially considering we no longer have Stuart Clark (who will likely never get selected again, unfortunate as it is), we need a good, CONSISTENT stump-to-stump bowler and McDonald is exactly that. However.. as Watson is playing the "opener" role, he should be replaced with Hughes, he needs to be blooded and given plenty of experience if he is really the "future player" the selectors say.

Bought a case of the $1.95 cleanskin Chardonnay from 1st Choice Nth Rocks.
For a quaffer it's very nice for the price. I've paid $10 for wine like it.

No affiliation yada yada yada, just a heads up.

Chardonnay? I'm sorry I didn't realise Pete was a woman's name. :icon_chickcheers:

Take the wine discussion back to the chinese hop thread where it belongs.
Actually that's where I remembered it!

Yeah yeah, adam :icon_chickcheers: Gotta keep the missus pleased and I never walk out without a beer (average selection but).

going back to charli delaney (dsicssed far too many pages ago).
link 1
link 2
If only the front of her ARIA's dress resembled the back

Back