No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, he's carrying a lot of baggage.

Saw Steel Panther on the weekend. They rock.

Feel the steel. :super:

Havent brewed in 6 months, got 7 empty kegs from 8. Even have a double batch of cracked grain in a sealed bucket from about 4 months ago.

Havent cleaned the fermentor from the last brew thats still sitting in the fridge (cold and thankfully nothing growing in it)

Have an SS herms system in bits sitting on the ground next to the rig that hasnt been touched or used since I got it months ago.

Have absolutely no motivation to make more beer. Its like my interest has dropped off a shelf. Havent logged into AHB in months. Didnt enter BABBs or QABC. Have all but stopped drinking... maybe 1 or 2 a week, down from 3 to 4 a night.

On a positive note, have lost 20kg

I'm similar. To me, brewing isn't so much about making a supply of beer to drink - funnily enough. It's more about the project .
To bring you up to speed, Argon, I'm moving to a wee beach near Taree next week, brewhouse has been mothballed for about 2 months. I'm keen to get the new brewery set up with a new brewstand and far more compact and streamlined setup as it's only a SLUG not a DLUG in the new place.

Until then I couldn't GAF and mostly drinking cask wine or Henninger slabs from Liquorland.

And I haven't lost 20K :lol: :lol:

email_death.jpg

Let this be a warning to you all!

View attachment 57721

Let this be a warning to you all!

The only people who FWD stuff are septuagenarians so they will eventually be culled out by the Grim Reaper anyway. And what a relief:

"The difference between Blonde women and Dogs - you will love this, it is priceless"
"15 ways to tell if your mother in law is lying, read this it is genuinely funny and you will fall about laughing"

I expect most of them drive Winnebagos and are called Archie or Cecil. Not like us spry young hipster baby boomers Warra.

The only people who FWD stuff are septuagenarians so they will eventually be culled out by the Grim Reaper anyway. And what a relief:

"The difference between Blonde women and Dogs - you will love this, it is priceless"
"15 ways to tell if your mother in law is lying, read this it is genuinely funny and you will fall about laughing"

I expect most of them drive Winnebagos and are called Archie or Cecil. Not like us spry young hipster baby boomers Warra.

Or they tow mobile chicanes or roadblocks, also know as caravans.
Mostly they're called names like you nominate, but also Dennis, Howard, or Arthur. The ladies are usually called names like Dulcie, Doris, or Daisy.

A very depressing result for what would've been quite an impressive feat.

So depressing when your latest beer tastes like shit.
Bottled it anyway, wife trying to make me feel better by saying "it may get better over time", but you know it won't.
Half in mini kegs so less bottle washing.

Oh well, gotta find a free day for the next brew.

So depressing when your latest beer tastes like shit.
Bottled it anyway, wife trying to make me feel better by saying "it may get better over time", but you know it won't.
Half in mini kegs so less bottle washing.

Oh well, gotta find a free day for the next brew.

Commiserations. I have had three otherwise decent brews completely fucked by stupid cal sulphate mathematics/experiments. I often blend (in the glass/jug) with some of the less excellent brews. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. My deepest sympathy. After 2 months off brewing with nothing but FWKs in between I know I will be gutted if my first triumphant return to AG and the joys of recipe formulation isn't at least 'good' haha.

edit - in regards to the above comments about process/hobby etc...I agree; but to be honest I haven't missed the hobby as I have been flat out, but I have missed having ample supplies of beer. I don't mind buying slabs and do it quite often, but I like to feel extravagant rather than desperate when doing it hahaha

Commiserations. I have had three otherwise decent brews completely fucked by stupid cal sulphate mathematics/experiments. I often blend (in the glass/jug) with some of the less excellent brews. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. My deepest sympathy. After 2 months off brewing with nothing but FWKs in between I know I will be gutted if my first triumphant return to AG and the joys of recipe formulation isn't at least 'good' haha.

edit - in regards to the above comments about process/hobby etc...I agree; but to be honest I haven't missed the hobby as I have been flat out, but I have missed having ample supplies of beer. I don't mind buying slabs and do it quite often, but I like to feel extravagant rather than desperate when doing it hahaha

Just have to get off my arse and get the next beer brewing. Might even have to break my new years resolution of going AG and resort to a KnK.... but that's if I'm feeling desperate.

The FWKs I've done have been bullshit easy and very drinkable (except way hazier than my AG brews interestingly enough). I am more than happy to do them from now on when I'm busy. They are ultimately less expensive than a 'kits and bits' and I can still get quite a volume of decent beer out of a batch being creative with yeasts and temp control. I did a thomas coopers IPA as well but it's still pretty cold here so it will need another few weeks before being carbonated enough to bother tasting (from personal memory and reading threads here it may well need 6-8 weeks in the bottle before getting stuck into it anyway). Time vs beer vs time vs beer etc etc. I even once laughingly considered drinking less but very reasonably decided against it.

It's finally pissing down on Bribie Island, first rain that you can call rain since July. The lawn was about to expire as you can see.

Yay

20121011_130712.jpg

Nice one Bribie, almost forgot what rain looks like. At least our lawns look much the same exept you are missing a big hole dug by the dog.

You still Bribie!
I drove through that fekin rain all day yesterday.
When do you head off?

Tuesday. However I've mentally moved out. You'd know what I mean being a bit of a nomad yourself :p

Back