No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dipping into my limited knowledge on psychology, I guess it boils down to an inferiority complex and these particular 3-system AG'ers who think they are above all who are not doing similar!

I agree I guess it goes both ways though!

I totally agree with what your saying cost wise etc. Getting into a fully blown HERMS like mine is not a cheap exercise and as you know I am intending to set up a mini BIAB system so I can do experimental beers.

I was going to go down the BIAB route, but then a full herms system popped up, so I grabbed it. The short-coming of this particular system is it was originally set up for single batches (doubles if you push the system), but the boiler has been upgraded to do doubles and triples...so not good for singles...

I'll be setting it up to have two mash tuns and two boilers to do 1/2 (experimental), single batches with the smaller vessels and double/triple with the larger ones!

EDIT:

so you are going to experiment on what you think is a inferior system? Why?

Errr... I have never thought BIAB as inferior. In fact I am certain I have never said that ever. BIAB has limitations compared to my brewery yes I agree, but this can be worked around easily.

I want to make small batches max 10lts and experiment with hops, yeasts, mashing times, mashing temps and all of the above in reverse. But also be able to do it at night after work and have as little mess as possible to clean up. Also uses less raw materials than a full batch.

Do you mean this?

gallery_9761_435_2865.jpg

3/4" pipe into T. 3/4" compression fitting over all thread rod?

A trade plumbing store could help you out and would be cheaper than that Western Australian rip off company (now that's a stir ok!)

Yup, something exactly like that. Can't be found at my local Bunnings, I'll check out Rheece plumbing next chance I get in my lunch break. Thought they'd be a bit of a rip off though, starting to not really give a shit, I just wanna get this up and running.

10 posts in a row on the same topic... SHAMEFUL

weird_inventions10.jpg

HB79,

You should be able to get short lengths of 1/2" brass threaded pipe from Bunnings no dramas. Just check the plumbing section near all the PVC and brass fittings. I got one there.

Otherwise drop into Reece and you'll be able to grab a S/S one.

Cheers SJ

I can hear a MrWhippee van.

WTF?

I have a sudden craving for a lamb kebab, 3 potato cakes (potato scallops for you QLD heathens!) and 2-3 pints of nice hoppy APA :icon_drool2:

Cheers SJ

You guys are making me hungry

Now I do too.

I bear you no ill feelings Bum, but as long as i have to sit here suffering through my craving, it does help to know that someone else is also suffering.

BTW, can anyone hum the Beverly Hills Cop theme to themselves and not get the tune stuck in their head?

Cheers SJ

I bear you no ill feelings Bum, but as long as i have to sit here suffering through my craving, it does help to know that someone else is also suffering.

Suffering? I'm sitting on my arse at home and have decided to go get that sorted.

brb

I have a sudden craving for a lamb kebab, 3 potato cakes (potato scallops for you QLD heathens!) and 2-3 pints of nice hoppy APA :icon_drool2:

Cheers SJ

its a lamb souva if its from a fish n chip shop, unless they make a real kebab w/ turkish bread.

Souvlaki is traditionally made with pork.

Back