No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it OK for one mod to get their thread locked by another :ph34r:

Jest me lovely. Irony aye a she doggy

Lets see if the mods start a thread abusing other mods, or for starting threads that get de-railed so quickly.

That may just turn this frown, into an upside down frown...

I think the (language) thread rans its course and I am happy for it to be left at that.

I'm not questioning the action of an admin here - just the terminology used above.

How can it possibly have run its course if it was locked while still active? If it had run its course there would be no need to lock it. Not suggesting Dane didn't have a reason to lock it, of course.

Well, that's one FWP solved.

Shit-Box-portable-cardboard-toilet.jpg

In the fridge, 1 x keg of a 2can stout, 6 out of 10

1 x keg morgans old, 7 out of 10

1/2 mix each in a glass, 8 out of 10. yummmmm.

With the amount of bogans currently finding new and exciting ways to motorise their bicycles, I reckon we are going to end up with a portable nuclear fusion device soon.

For real.

No way I could do dry July, but I walked in to JB looking to spend $270 on an ipod classic, walked out with a $12 Zappa cd. Willpower or sheer tight-arsedness?

Sipping my 3yr old US barleywine and licking samples.of my filling for the chocolate pumpkin cheesecake im making. U. Not as good as a porter and this filling (had that last time), but it's pretty damn good.

No way I could do dry July, but I walked in to JB looking to spend $270 on an ipod classic, walked out with a $12 Zappa cd. Willpower or sheer tight-arsedness?
There's a classic ipod out? Does it have a stylus and turntable to rock your vinyl too? I'd have dug up Captain Beefheart (RIP) though if we're going to dig into 70's weird rock.

I have almost entirely replaced my vinyl on cd now, the exceptions being mainly all the strange hardcore and grind 7"s that accumulated through the years haha.

I have a presentation due this week and I just stumbled on a clip I'm going to use that had me in tears of laughter. The context is explaining how Sartre misappropriated Heidegger's existentialism (deriving 'being and nothingness' from 'being and time') to arrive at his somewhat nihilistic view of the emptiness of being (as a value rather than as a neutral ontology) bla bla bla...it all sparks debates over the experience of being a 'subject' (in the 'I think therefore I am' tradition) in opposition to more contemporary theories around agency etc etc etc etc wank wank wank...but this clip, especially the first two minutes, basically captures mid 20th century French existentialism's take on the experience of being. The endless, paradoxical, futility of being.

http://youtu.be/wGSzqqcl62c

Please enjoy. Be warned, it gets quite dark, but also has moments of profound joy.

I will look that up later when I get to the desktop - despite the fact that Heideger was a Nazi Cnut.

Hey in tennis what is the significance of the two marked areas down both sides of the court where the posts are. Are they used for anything?

Hey in tennis what is the significance of the two marked areas down both sides of the court where the posts are. Are they used for anything?

Doubles games? Not too sure if I'm thinking of the same bit of the court you are, but the rectangular sections on either side of the tennis court which are 'out of bounds' in singles games, are fair game in doubles.

Aha that rings a bell. Doubles are on next after Murray buries the Swiss Wallah. :)

There's a classic ipod out? Does it have a stylus and turntable to rock your vinyl too? I'd have dug up Captain Beefheart (RIP) though if we're going to dig into 70's weird rock.

Not King Crimson or Yes?

Latest posts

Back