No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry Mikedub, you're not alone. I just checked a 1469 starter and there was a bloody vinegar fly in it ( :angry: definitely rooted), even though there's a screwed lid on the Schott bottle plus cling film and a rubber band over it. Some things you just have to write off as experience, no biggie, just dust yourself off, get back up and stuck into it again. :icon_cheers:

thanks for the pep talk RdeVjun, SWIMBO just rolled her eyes when I freaked out
after the false start my ESB in the fermentor is shaping up maybe as my best brew yet, (touch wood)

speaking of English Bitter, bye bye England, you will not be missed from this Rugby World Cup

We were at my brother in law's baby's christening last weekend. He's a head chef, so a good feed is always a given.
He stocked the esky with Tooheys extra dry and Fat Yak.
Would you believe folk were trying a Yak then going back to extra dry? (I notice behaviors like that at BBQ's)

Luckily, we had to leave just as the beer's were running thin, but being the stand up bloke he is, the brother in law crammed half a six pack from the fridge into my hand as we said our goodbye's. Dry's, but a roadie's a roadie, and we had a couple of hour's drive ahead of us.

A couple of hours that saw me cop a verbal arse reaming from wifey for needing to pull over three times for a 'comfort stop'.

That Tooheys makes me piss like a ******* racehorse I tell ya.

I love packaging night... 2 kegs blew in the last 2 days. I have 2 lagers that have been at -1C for the last 30 days or so. Polyclar was added last night, time for filtering 2 of the batches tonight. Hooray more beer. :D

Also gonna pitch a starter of 2247-PC Euro Lager II into one of Ross' Nelson Sav FWKs, then make a starter for some 2487-PC Hella Bock for a Vienna Lager FWK, for pitching tomorrow.

Happy days when i get to do some beer stuff after a while out.

Watched Snowtown last night...
I'm still disturbed.
Man, that is one completely fucked up movie.

Just got home from our first arvo at the beach since last summer.............My god it was good. Even better was coming home and finding a 6pk of Pacific Ale in the fridge.....A marriage made in heaven.

Right over the top of my house a few minutes ago.
very loud

Not the sort of thing you see every day!

flyover.JPG

perhaps practicing to either
A. delight
or
B. take out
the Queen?

Just got home from watching them come back into Ipswich. Truly awesome watching 20 of them circle around to land. One of them did a bit of an airshow, presumably for the brass on the ground, but I got some great shots from Goddard St in Churchill.

Chinese people have a really twisted sense of what a price bargain is!!! 60c where I made an offer 10 bucks below listed is NOT a bargain!!!!

Sigh.

Ofcourse, all disclaimers about not being racist apply. Yada Yada go f a goat...

I was thinking just that when I got the counteroffer!!!
Hehehe.

I offered him back 25 bucks flat for a refractometer. Incl postage and handling. Wording it enough to leave no doubt I'm not paying a cent extra :)

Now I go another shop, then I come back, then it be 18.90 + postage no more... It be 22 dollar!!! I got to be a man.

One thing fo sure. I find out what hese wohth.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does aldi beer taste? Worth the long-arsed checkout wait?

Call me cynical, but I don't think full strength beer starting at $1 a pop will see me queuing up.

But if I'm standing there with nothing more interesting than baby wipes and tins of salmon in the bag, what the hell?

Call me cynical, but I don't think full strength beer starting at $1 a pop will see me queuing up.

But if I'm standing there with nothing more interesting than baby wipes and tins of salmon in the bag, what the hell?
LOL Aldi Baby wipes. The only reason I ever shop there... and for those awesome german ginger shortbready xmas goodies.
Wonder if the beer's german. I can always try a 6 pack for fun.

LOL Aldi Baby wipes. The only reason I ever shop there... and for those awesome german ginger shortbready xmas goodies.
Wonder if the beer's german. I can always try a 6 pack for fun.
+1 on the baby wipes and the German xmas goodies.... Mmm Pfefferne...

Their meat is good quality and fairly well priced compared to the other supermarkets and their fruit and veg, though limited, is fresh from our local Rocklea markets, so is also good quality. No alcohol in Aldi's Queensland stores though. Supermarkets in Queensland are prohibited from selling it.

did this today just for shits and giggles;

gallery_11186_826_134754.gif

something to plan towards really

Back