No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Won the office trivia contest... prize was a $50 bet. Randomly picked a horse... WINNER!

Quick question..........

Does any here currently or has previously lived in Orange NSW?? My wife may be landing a job there soon and I'm currently doing my research on good/bad areas to look at moving to.

Quick question..........

Does any here currently or has previously lived in Orange NSW?? My wife may be landing a job there soon and I'm currently doing my research on good/bad areas to look at moving to.

Well, we've stayed there a few times on rides, nice little country town. Cold as **** in winter, hot and dry in summer. They grow a lot of fruit. No oranges though. How odd.
If you have skill's in hospitality, mining or animal husbandry, that would be a plus.
My personal pick for the central west (ish) towns would be Bathurst or Mudgie though. More to do. More opportunities
Not sure how the locals take to tall, heavily tattooed chaps however..

10 years of working in various forms of hospitality, grew up on a farm before that and know how to do most things......I don't see me taking too long to get work. Based upon my reading thus far, seems alot like my home town of Kempsey, good areas to live in, others you wouldn't dare drive through after dark.....

As for picking another town, the spot my wife is potentially landing is at the Orange hospital, so not much in the way of options there unless she commutes from Bathurst. And if you think my tats will freak em out, imagine when they see the scar work we both have.

Not worth mentioning in the thread where it is located but did anyone else see that guy post a picture of his bottle label that he watermarked with his username? Pretty lol. Don't steal it, guys!

Not worth mentioning in the thread where it is located but did anyone else see that guy post a picture of his bottle label that he watermarked with his username? Pretty lol. Don't steal it, guys!
It's been known to happen. ;)

So I've heard. Shady buggers everywhere, what?

But my thoughts were more along the lines of "why would you give a stuff?" ("especially when the label looks completely shitballs anyway")

How can you know if someone has somehow pressed the ignore button on you?! Does mail bounce? I have this weird feeling its happened to me... can't tell though, Don't know the reason either, except if the person hated my beer so much they blacklisted me :lol:

Gee I hope I look as good as Warnie does when I hit 42. I'll probably wear less eye liner though.

Missed the postie today :( he brought around my refractometer. It's cruel to have to wait for it over the weekend. Sigh.

After a keg hiatus I hooked up a keg in the kegerator and all was great for a few days. Hooked up a second keg and left it to carb up. It would appear that I have had my first CO2 leak as my cylinder is totally degassed. Oh well, better get some more because a man is not a camel you know!

And the move to Orange gets a step closer......Spent two nights out there last week, great chance to do some recon and suss the place out. Spoke to people at the hospital, and they all but offered her the job (damn NSW health and their "procedures" for filling positions) on the spot, she got a tour of the entire department, introduced to EVERYONE in the department soon. Seems they may even be willing to cough up some relocation monies :)

The conversation with my inlaws afterwards prompted some thinking. They suggested we both cover our tattoos when looking for rentals as agents may be biased against ink in a country town.......Opinions anyone?

Can't hurt.

Got thrown up on by a 9 month old child today.

Back