No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk of the new KFC burger reminded me of a fast food joint in America that takes a different approach to fast food The Heart Attack Grill A burger to die for.

-BD

Is it just me, or does anybody else find it a little ironic that todays "safety conscious" troll has an avatar of a baby smoking?

I have just recieved a $100 coles/myer card from my employer. So it's only fair to say that I'll be enjoying quite a few different beers tonight. Lucky I don't drink Fosters hey

Grabbed a bottle if Henninger (among others) cause a few on here reckon it's a fair drop for what it is. Apart from the diacetyl it's ok. Would I buy it again? Yeah I reckon I would, it kinda fits the beer and at least it's got a bit of malt coming through. At 4 clams a bottle I won't complain.

Grabbed the last bottle of Maudite as well, noice one Shane

Picked up the Hyosung today...man it's been too long since I've been on a bike! For a 650 V Twin, it packs a bit of punch...gave it a bit of kick in the guts at the lights and it almost got interested in lifting the front wheel with a bloke of my size on it. Hope I'm still as impressed on day 365 as I am on day 1

Trying to read Habermas, got distracted by the persistant appearance of the "white wings" thread. 5 pages later - how am I to go back to Habermas now?

Oddly enough I feel like eating a cake then getting drunk....daylight savings means that 10am now is really the equivalent of Friday 4pm doesn't it?

Trying to read Habermas, got distracted by the persistant appearance of the "white wings" thread.

Why is it that if they want the trolling to stop they persist in posting in those threads? Counterintuitive.

Why is it that if they want the trolling to stop they persist in posting in those threads? Counterintuitive.

They must sercretly like having a bit of a biff on the net. Well thats what i reckon. :rolleyes:

Ok, so perusing beersmith and comparing to my taste buds I have two main problems so far: underestimating my efficiency has led to beers with the whole bu:gu at a lower ratio than I want ( - if I've read it correctly, leading to too much malt, not enough bitterness) - on top of that my homegrown hops and some older hops I have been using for bittering are all at a lower AAU than what I used on beermsith.

Fark. Anyway, it's all drinkable, nicer than my older brews and certainly very valuable lesson(s).

I haven't done anything brew related in at least 6 weeks and hadn't been on tge forum for 3. Damn work. Anyways I took a couple cubes out on Thursday with tge idea to pitch today. Grab a bottle of slurry out of the fridge twist the lid open and... BANG. Fkn slurry everywhere over the kitchen. All over tge clean dishes etc. Obviously that beer/slurry had another few gravity points left. At least the bottle didn't blow up. Goes to show what an animal pacman is. Even refrigerated at no more than 8C it's continued to slowly chew on this ale.

Welcome back to brewing.

Found a trail of ants crawling up and through the thread of my coopers fermenter yesterday. Thankfully the beer still tastes good.
Previously found a wasp in the mash tun (post sparge), and a skink drinking some spilt framboise off the garage floor. That little bugger wasn't phased by me working nearby.

What animal will my brewery attract next?

I'm always finding ants & shit in my mashtun, they just get a good sparging to get some protiens for the yeast :lol: That skinks got good taste, prolly wasn't phased cause it was drunk :lol:

I'm always finding ants & shit in my mashtun, they just get a good sparging to get some protiens for the yeast :lol: That skinks got good taste, prolly wasn't phased cause it was drunk :lol:
It was pretty funny, he was just hanging there in the middle of the garage, tongue calmly lapping up the drops. I'll take it as a compliment.

Found a trail of ants crawling up and through the thread of my coopers fermenter yesterday. Thankfully the beer still tastes good.
Previously found a wasp in the mash tun (post sparge), and a skink drinking some spilt framboise off the garage floor. That little bugger wasn't phased by me working nearby.

What animal will my brewery attract next?

And so goes the story of how 'Little Creatures' got it's name....

Cheers SJ

It's eerily silent here........The little one has lost her voice for the first time in her 4 year life......She's very confused but at least seems to be understanding that she needs to rest it...

Couple of nights ago someone came onto our property in the middle of the night and ransacked the inside of the car parked under the house, not enclosed... 2 of the doors were left wide open and nothing was missing, small change still in the tray (maybe $5 worth), CDs in the centre console... but stuff thrown about everywhere. Weird. I think they even left something behind. A size 18 cardigan.

I reckon it was a few local kids... Wife reckons it may have been an eldery neighbour going senile. Very strange.

The kegerator is down stairs under the house and now I feel a little on edge going down there.

Take a shovel with you............

Our neighbour had not one, but both his cars stolen from the street outside here in the last week.......Either someone doesn't like him, or they rate a 10yo corolla a better steal than my 2010 Barina....

Back