No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9% ginger beer 50/50 mix with bundy reserve = :beerbang:

hopefully this will get rid of my head cold

Dinner with friends of my wife's workmate.

Why? Seriously.

Oh well, home now with the last bottle of my smoked porter. Given enough time you grew to be an acceptable beer. You will be missed.

Saw the Hoodoo Gurus last night at the Food & Wine Festival, had a ball! They've still got plenty of mojo after what 30- odd years of doing this (on & off), Rick Grossman (ex- Divinyls) did the right thing in joining too, probably helped cement his rehab. Their Purity of Essence tour schedule goes Toowoomba, Madrid, Santander, Valencia, Montpellier, Paris... all over Europe and the US and ends at the Viper Room in LA next month. :p

$18 entry then $5 for most wine & beer, thought that wasn't too bad, some of the food was over- priced but what I had was just delicious. Come to think of it, I don't think I saw any megaswill- only LC, White Rabbit, Outback/ boutique stuff, obviously we are beer snobs here. :D

Going to be in Melbourne Tuesday & Wednesday nights, anyone up for a beer?

Going to be in Melbourne Tuesday & Wednesday nights, anyone up for a beer?

Tuesday ive got cricket training and wednesday is SWMBO's birthday so unfortunately im out.

If only it was Thursday Schooey. The Melbourne Brewers are having a little get together at mrs parmas celebrating beerfest's champion brewer(s) beer release. :icon_cheers:

http://melbournebrewers.org/pdfs/mrsparmas.pdf

how to make salad taste good
125ml light soy
15ml olive oil
80ml rice wine vinager
1 tsp of homemade harrisa paste
1/2 tsp of brown sugar

it has madde my salad of cabbage, carrot, alfalfa, corriander and seeds taste bloody good.
my mouth is burning, getting a little sweat on the forhead going and im loving it!

schooey
bugger Ive got the kids tues/wed so i cant. As 4* said, its a real shame your not here on Thurs.

Went and saw Powderfinger at the Ent Cent last night...

A-FREAKIN-MAZING!!!

great band, great musicians, great showmen, but also humble and down to earth at the same time...

Anyone else have the pleasure of seeing them?

Went and saw Powderfinger at the Ent Cent last night...

A-FREAKIN-MAZING!!!

great band, great musicians, great showmen, but also humble and down to earth at the same time...

Anyone else have the pleasure of seeing them?

Im seeing them on Friday Night I cant wait..................... Sunsets over the beaches!

how to make salad taste good
125ml light soy
15ml olive oil
80ml rice wine vinager
1 tsp of homemade harrisa paste
1/2 tsp of brown sugar

it has madde my salad of cabbage, carrot, alfalfa, corriander and seeds taste bloody good.
my mouth is burning, getting a little sweat on the forhead going and im loving it!

schooey
bugger Ive got the kids tues/wed so i cant. As 4* said, its a real shame your not here on Thurs.

sounds yummy!

We have our freebie lodgers from Sydney rocking up again tonight. They're too bloody mean to pay for a motel room, or even to occasionally shout us a cheap meal when they lodge here. It's a darn shame we're geographically too convenient for them. Both their mothers are in nursing homes, one locally here, and one on the Gold Coast. She's mrs warra's best friend. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

I have a wide selection of my beers chilled to drown the reality of it for me this evening.

Just made the filling for canelloni for tonight's dinner.
Diced carrot, onion, celery, mushroom, basil, bacon, with pork and veal mince with passata.
The filling is in the fridge to stiffen it up before I make the tubes with fresh pasta sheets.
They will be baked in a layer of passata, with a bechamel sauce over the top, sprinkled with mozarella and parmesan.

Sounds yum. What are they having?

schooey

Are you actually gonna turn up to a Melb Brewers function? :p

I'm also out for Tues/Wed.

sounds yummy!

i was sceptical whilst making it, but it was bloody nice, filling and uber healthy. so ill be having that for lunch everyy day this week. ill add abit of tuna for protein.

I was playing around with soba noodles on the weekend. the kids loved em.

Are you actually gonna turn up to a Melb Brewers function? :p

I'm also out for Tues/Wed.
only for paid up members! :p
wow you guys should be on the melb brewers membership cttee. I feel such an irrisistable urge to join.... :lol:
Dave and Brendo put the hard word on me when i saw them Friday also. maybe youll come courting me if i pick up a few vicbrew places.

We have our freebie lodgers from Sydney rocking up again tonight. They're too bloody mean to pay for a motel room, or even to occasionally shout us a cheap meal when they lodge here. It's a darn shame we're geographically too convenient for them. Both their mothers are in nursing homes, one locally here, and one on the Gold Coast. She's mrs warra's best friend. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

I have a wide selection of my beers chilled to drown the reality of it for me this evening.

Just made the filling for canelloni for tonight's dinner.
Diced carrot, onion, celery, mushroom, basil, bacon, with pork and veal mince with passata.
The filling is in the fridge to stiffen it up before I make the tubes with fresh pasta sheets.
They will be baked in a layer of passata, with a bechamel sauce over the top, sprinkled with mozarella and parmesan.

are these the ones that drink all your beer??? I remember you had a issue last year!

Yeah, some time back before The Internationalist turned them into the Australian Eagles.

Trust you to put a downer on it! :icon_cheers:

i was a late comer to Powderfinger so I really cant wait!

Tuesday ive got cricket training and wednesday is SWMBO's birthday so unfortunately im out.

If only it was Thursday Schooey. The Melbourne Brewers are having a little get together at mrs parmas celebrating beerfest's champion brewer(s) beer release. :icon_cheers:

http://melbournebrewers.org/pdfs/mrsparmas.pdf

bugger... Would have been great to get along to that! I can't even drag it out due to having to be present at an audit in Sydney bright and early on Friday morning...

Maybe next time...

are these the ones that drink all your beer??? I remember you had a issue last year!

Yup, same ones.
Next time I'm finding an excuse not to be here when they are!
This is about the third or fourth time this year!

Latest posts

Back