No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new mill arrived today and the call I'm waiting on to see if I'm working tomorrow hasn't come through yet so it looks like a midweek brewday is on the cards. Yay.

Whoopie!!!!!!!!

Nothing like milling your own grain to make you feel like a real brewer. Once more thing within your personal control (and responsibility). ;)

In the case of BIAB where a finer crush is acceptable, it's possible nowadays to outsource the grain processing.

grain_pounding.JPG

My new mill arrived today and the call I'm waiting on to see if I'm working tomorrow hasn't come through yet so it looks like a midweek brewday is on the cards. Yay.

Is brilliant...took a "brewday off" today...sorted out the herms, which will never not be used again...also assembled my mill and hopper, so next time will be crushing all my own grain!

Just need to buy some big pots to plant my hop rhizomes and I'm all set :)

I spilt a whole glass full of red wine over my boyfriends new carpet...

That's it.... My man is the frontman of a tribute band to Bon Scott ... Called Bonfire. About 3 - 4 months away from playing live! The musicians are tight as...

Nice :kooi: Must be a good bloke then

I pitched some 1098 Wyeast into a porter yesterday afternoon that I stepped up from about 5mL. At the moment it's climbing out of the airlock. I'm not worried at all, just not keen on the mess :) Anyone else had this happen with this yeast?

My new mill arrived today

Give it a run today and seemed to me to work great but that's not why I'm quoting myself.

I used the hand crank instead of farting about with setting it up for a drill for the first batch and if it took longer than a minute per kilo (including loading the little hopper) I'll bite the eye of my cock. Can't understand why any homebrewer would fanny about with motorising a mill.

Give it a run today and seemed to me to work great but that's not why I'm quoting myself.

I used the hand crank instead of farting about with setting it up for a drill for the first batch and if it took longer than a minute per kilo (including loading the little hopper) I'll bite the eye of my cock. Can't understand why any homebrewer would fanny about with motorising a mill.

Try doing a double batch worth of grain. It gets a bit hard by the end. But yes im the same, don't see the need for a motor as of yet.

I'm in the process fart-arsing around with a motor for two reasons:

1 - I'm lazy :)
2 - It's another toy.

I like building stuff and anything that makes my brewday easier/quicker is good.

I've got no argument with point 2 but there's no way setting one up and maintaining it is easier than a hand crank (at least with my mill, anyway, maybe others aren't as easy to turn?).

Latest posts

Back