No spill quick disconnects

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcarter

Reaction score
Howdy,

Any of you knowledgeable lads have any recommendations for some all stainless quick disconnect brands with the self sealing ability once disconnected?

I've found a few but appears they are for hydraulic applications and I'm not 100% sure the o-rings are beer friendly.

Another type was for PC water cooling with bad chrome plating.

Last few items required for the completion of the brewery upgrade and I'm non to fond of hot wort / water burns.

Ideally looking to fix them to a metal bulkhead.

Cheers Nick.

I have seen the plastic one's but every time I didn't go stainless I ended up buying it again and regretted it.

Normally non valved would be fine but the plan I have is to have 2 swap-able hoses and 6 male connections on a bulkhead.

two transfer hoses and gravity redundancy if the pump should fail.

It will tidy it all up nicely behind the stand and should't have a wet sticky shed floor.

Added bonus I wont have to remember to tun too many ball valves when swapping from mash in to re-circulation to fly sparing.

I've got a quote coming for the hydraulic type that most food production people use but I'm not sure about the brewery application.

I've used hi temp rated polysulfone dry breaks from CPC (Colder) and stainless Nitto dry breaks in the past with a degree of success. They're expensive, hard to clean, block easily and cut down your flow rate, which may or may not concern you.
I currently don't use any fittings on my hoses. Much easier. If money was no object, I'd go triclovers in a heartbeat, but even they are more fiddly than jamming a hose over a barb.

Thanks guys,

Might have to rethink this, the quote came in close to 2 grand.

Might be ball valving every quick disconnect.

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back