• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

ADL Esky Mash tun - Birko 20L urn - Copper coil - Gas reg HP-LPG +

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcarter

Reaction score
In the middle of the brewery upgrade.

Have some stuff that may be of use to someone.

1. 60L techni Ice esky with my own designed false bottom. Has reducer in the drain hole that reduces to 1/2" bsp for a tap ect. The top manifold was a work in progress that I stopped developing when it seemed to work and I wanted to move on.

2. 20L birko urn. Was ordered as a 10L for my Herms replacement. The only time I was disappointed about getting something bigger. The size and element just didn't have the same temp ramp as the Chinese 10L urn. Has a hole in the top for the herms coil. Works fine. Igave it a good scrub with percarbonate when I got it. It could use the same.

3. Copper coil. The smaller (inner) coil was perfect in the 10L urn. I added another coil in an attempt to increase my ramp times. Didn't work much better. Less water and larger element. Has a copper thermowell brazed that will accept a STC probe. This may just end up as scrap copper.

4. New LPG reg with missing jet. I have just attempted to convert a burner over to Natural gas and had to remove the jet as I could not source another locally. Regs not be used and may be ideal for an Italian ring burner upgrade ect. ( I may have 2 of these depending on my tests)

5. This item may not be ready to be moved on straight away I need to get into the workshop and get the new 58L keggle sockets tigged and move all the accessories over.

This 50L keg has 3 sockets tigged. 1-1/2" socket and 1-1/2" hex socket and 1 (from memory 1' 1/8 socket for the elemet. I will be keeping the tap, sight glass and PTI 100. The 3800W element is about 2 years old and I may keep it just to see how long these camco's last. I can replace with a new one from my store if so inclined.

7. I have just installed a Keg king mill motor to my Mill. Turns out my mill is too beefy for this and have had to order the Motion Dynamics package. I believe it will be ok for the smaller mills. I have re-wired the whole assembly and placed it in a new junction box with the E-stop I wasn't a fan of 240V going though a quick disconnect plug. If interested please get in touch I can provide some pictures. I'm still looking at trying to find a use for it as I went to all that trouble setting it up. I will however be keeping the spider adapter for testing purposes. It's done less than 5 mins work.

I haven't added any prices as some of this stuff is hard to know what's fair. Please make offers I promise I wont be offended. I can post the reg, possibly the urn.

20160803_172015.jpg

20160803_172021.jpg

20160803_172030.jpg

20160803_172052.jpg

20160803_172121.jpg

20160803_172539.jpg

20160803_172546.jpg

20160803_172559.jpg

I'll be throwing these up on Gumtree soon if no one's interested.

Hi just wondering what do you want for the mash tun / esky and where abouts are you located.
Thanks ray

Hi Ray,

Sorry mate must have turned my email notification off for this thread.

I'm located in Enfield.

60L esky news around $60 - this ones done some work and looks a bit shabby.

False bottoms are $100+ - this one is my design, it's bigger and I have yet to get a stuck sparge.

Reducer to 1/2" bsp $10.

Somewhere near $70, I have a no name brand 1/2" ball valve that i never used you can have if you like with the package. The silicon tube is free.

Latest posts

Back