No More Sediment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually not taking the piss for a second - say i did decide to buy some of these suckers from Sed-Ex @ basically $2ea when I am out with my mates do I need to keep the cap to reuse? or is there a disposable part that is cheap to replace. I cent imagine taking a carton upto my cousins place for him to enjoy and asking him to keep the caps. Its hard enough as it is to get him to keep the bottles!
If there is a cheap disposable part that you replace with each bottling - how much is that part?

Wow,
Three new posters with nothing intelligent to say. Keep up the good work boys. Your advanced knowledge base is really shining through at the end of this thread. Did you pm each other & work out who was going to say what in their post. Read it more carefully mckenry, if you concentrate you will work it out, eventually.

Nothing intelligent to say, coz the whole thread is a joke. Whether you sell these things or not, I dont give a toss. I get good beer out of my kegs, sediment free. I concentrated, read it all again, and yes, you are selling these things!
Crusty, everyone is carrying on because you're firing up about it.

The bottom line is:
Maybe you believe bottle conditioned beer tastes better than kegged beer. You dont need these to get clear beer from the bottle. They are all telling you this in many ways.

Now fire up and tell me I'm (insert northerner insult)

Your lack of intelligence is burning so bright.
I could not have said it better myself.
Oh ... wait ... you were talking about someone else ... well ... there is that.
actually not taking the piss for a second - say i did decide to buy some of these suckers from Sed-Ex @ basically $2ea when I am out with my mates do I need to keep the cap to reuse? or is there a disposable part that is cheap to replace. I cent imagine taking a carton upto my cousins place for him to enjoy and asking him to keep the caps. Its hard enough as it is to get him to keep the bottles!
If there is a cheap disposable part that you replace with each bottling - how much is that part?
No ... that is another disadvantage of the system, for the same reason you can't 'detach' them from your bottles to enter a competition, not without opening and recapping the bottle in a normal way.

The extractors have 2 parts, one you remove when all the sediment has settled, the other part stays on the bottle with a tight seal until you are ready to drink it.
However if you lost or did not return the bottle-screw-part the entire extractor would be useless.
If you look at the flash-video things on their website you'll see a good demo of how they work.

Hrmmm and I take it that second part isnt ~$0.10 part?

I was actually wondering...if you naturally carb a keg to save gas for example, is there one of these wiz bang earth stopping devices for kegs? Imagine turning a keg upside down and getting no sediment. No three schooners of cloudy beer put me down for two of them!!!!

I was actually wondering...if you naturally carb a keg to save gas for example, is there one of these wiz bang earth stopping devices for kegs? Imagine turning a keg upside down and getting no sediment. No three schooners of cloudy beer put me down for two of them!!!!

Yes it is called a shorter dip tube ;)

Brad you are De Man.......!!!! Do I still need to turn it upside down? Seems my instructions are in the post waiting to be delivered by a caring and sharing driver.... ;) ;)

mckenry,

Nothing intelligent to say, coz the whole thread is a joke. Whether you sell these things or not, I dont give a toss. I get good beer out of my kegs, sediment free. I concentrated, read it all again, and yes, you are selling these things!
Crusty, everyone is carrying on because you're firing up about it.

If it's such a joke, why the hell are you still posting.

The bottom line is:
Maybe you believe bottle conditioned beer tastes better than kegged beer. You dont need these to get clear beer from the bottle. They are all telling you this in many ways.

If you carb in the bottle, you will get sediment in that bottle unless you pour it into something else.

Komodo,

The sediment part is removed & you are left with the cap which is now your bottle seal. This part is what I don't like about them. You have to be careful to not loose that part. If you take an esky though, I don't see a problem tossing the cap into the esky & taking everything back home. Not a big issue for me, others may get too drunk & keep loosing them.

Wolfy,

However if you lost or did not return the bottle-screw-part the entire extractor would be useless.
If you look at the flash-video things on their website you'll see a good demo of how they work.

If you look at their website, you can contact them regarding parts. I believe they now sell the individual parts seperately.

peas_and_corn,

I'm now selling envelopes too?
I'm a PDO fool.

Brad you are De Man.......!!!! Do I still need to turn it upside down? Seems my instructions are in the post waiting to be delivered by a caring and sharing driver.... ;) ;)

Mate if your going to turn it upside down make sure you put the beer out line into the gas disconect and the gas in line into the beer disconnect. Although you may now need a longer gas dip tube to avoid the sediment, nasty stuff that sediment......I think it causes cancer :ph34r:

The sediment part is removed & you are left with the cap which is now your bottle seal. This part is what I don't like about them. You have to be careful to not loose that part. If you take an esky though, I don't see a problem tossing the cap into the esky & taking everything back home. Not a big issue for me, others may get too drunk & keep loosing them.

Wolfy,

If you look at their website, you can contact them regarding parts. I believe they now sell the individual parts seperately.
Since you got so upset when it was suggested that you are affiliated with the company, I have to assume that you're not taking the piss with us, but seriously, even your most recent post seems - to me - like a fan-boy-affiliated-advertisement, maybe I have been using this interweb thing too long and really am skeptical and jaded.

I have no need to look at their website or buy parts, why you'd even need to metion that I don't know - like you I was trying to answer Komodo's legitimate question.

As an alternate suggestion, if you're worried about what to take to a BBQ / party / picnic / boring work meet then have a look at building your own party keg. I'm about 90% of the way through building mine, because I don't want to lug a full keg around and don't want to fill a pile of bottles each time. So far it's cost me $20 ($12 sprayer, $8 2nd hand drinks cooler and a free mag wheel valve) plus an existing picnic tap setup, and now I just need to buy a co2 tyre filler from the local bike store. It'll allow me to take 6L in a small, convenient package and not have to worry about filling a pile of bottles. Because I'll be filling from a keg, there's no sediment and if I really wanted I could use it to top up a stubbie instead of a glass :)

To summarise this thread:

1. The taste difference between kegs and bottles is most likely to be a factor of process or time to mature.
2. You can naturally carbonate kegs just as easily as bottles.
2. Co2 bottles are far cheaper to buy than rent (same as renting TV's, washing machines etc).
3. Taking a glass with your bottles instead of stubbies can be "uncool".
4. Crusty doesn't sell bottle tops, but will deliver them if they're in his mail run :p

mckenry,

If it's such a joke, why the hell are you still posting.

If you carb in the bottle, you will get sediment in that bottle unless you pour it into something else.

Komodo,

Wolfy,

peas_and_corn,

I'm now selling envelopes too?
I'm a PDO fool.

Jesus Crusty, half the reason you're getting these response is because you seem so easy to bait. Relax, stop biting at every little dig (half of which are probably tongue in cheek and not malicious) grow a thicker skin and report back when you've checked out the product - in this thread rather than a new one.

You're a bit sensitive mate. Most people probably know by now you don't work for the sediment reducer guys - anyone that's already made up their mind probably won't have it changed. Forget about it and chill out a little.

To summarise this thread:

1. The taste difference between kegs and bottles is most likely to be a factor of process or time to mature.
2. You can naturally carbonate kegs just as easily as bottles.
2. Co2 bottles are far cheaper to buy than rent (same as renting TV's, washing machines etc).
3. Taking a glass with your bottles instead of stubbies can be "uncool".
4. Crusty doesn't sell bottle tops, but will deliver them if they're in his mail run :p

:lol: :lol:

"Mate if your going to turn it upside down make sure you put the beer out line into the gas disconect and the gas in line into the beer disconnect. Although you may now need a longer gas dip tube to avoid the sediment, nasty stuff that sediment......I think it causes cancer"

Cheers for that but now I am confused. When the Australia Post driver delivers my new dip tube, and my disconnects are now jammed on my kegs, will he have a "TOOL" onboard to help solve my issue? And slightly off topic will my mates look at me kinda strange with an upside down keg? I have so much to learn and this thread has been my saving grace and I REALLY appreciate it......

Wolfy,

Since you got so upset when it was suggested that you are affiliated with the company, I have to assume that you're not taking the piss with us, but seriously, even your most recent post seems - to me - like a fan-boy-affiliated-advertisement, maybe I have been using this interweb thing too long and really am skeptical and jaded.

I have no need to look at their website or buy parts, why you'd even need to metion that I don't know - like you I was trying to answer Komodo's legitimate question.

I suggested you look at the website because whilst answering Komodo's legitimate question, you informed him that if you lost the cap of the sediment catcher, it would render the whole thing useless. If you lost the cap, you can buy another one.

Daemon,

Great info. But since you tried to be funny in point 4. You will get some extra bills.

manticle,

Point taken mate.
This is still the best thread I have been involed in though.

Guys,

I have no hard feelings nor am I peed off with any of you. I don't really give a hoot if you think I sell them or not, it just annoys me that some people are really quick to point the finger & assume something that's not true. For the non-believers, I currently have 2 sediment catchers in my warehouse ( shed ) & was expecting a huge delivery of 6 units today that failed to show up. Should be here tomorrow. That will take me to a grand total of 8 sediment catchers.
I would still invite you all to my place if you were ever up / down this way for a beer or two.
That's the type of bloke I am.

" & was expecting a huge delivery of 6 units today that failed to show up. Should be here tomorrow. "

One of the guys on here works for Australia Post, maybe PM him he may be able to track it down. Cheers.... ^_^ ^_^

" & was expecting a huge delivery of 6 units today that failed to show up. Should be here tomorrow. "

One of the guys on here works for Australia Post, maybe PM him he may be able to track it down. Cheers.... ^_^ ^_^

Thats a bit rough. Dont be a spoilt sport.
This thread was and is quite amusing!

Thorby,

One of the guys on here works for Australia Post, maybe PM him he may be able to track it down. Cheers....

Thanks mate but I can handle that bit. I think the company is from NT & due to Easter backlog it will be a bit late.

Cheers

I think the company is from NT

Aaaaahhh. Finally I understand how these things even came to be. Couldn't understand why someone would be going out of their way to block out a good percentage of their hard work in making their own beer by drinking it out of the bottle. If I were brewing ambient in NT I doubt I'd want the full experience either.

Cheers for that but now I am confused. When the Australia Post driver delivers my new dip tube, and my disconnects are now jammed on my kegs, will he have a "TOOL" onboard to help solve my issue? And slightly off topic will my mates look at me kinda strange with an upside down keg? I have so much to learn and this thread has been my saving grace and I REALLY appreciate it......

No one has answered my question as yet...some positive input would be nice....... :chug: :chug:

Back