No More Sediment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manticle,

I will let everyone know what I think of them when I use them. I am now trying to figure out how to let you all know what I think without looking as though I am trying to sell them by raving & ranting if I like them. Maybe I should repeat the no affiliation thingy again & again & again.

Firstly, you are paying too much for gas. I bought a MKOL cylinder (costed about 2 year's worth of rent, so its paid for itself already) and it needs filling hardly ever. IIRC you can exchange it for a full one for $50 (which you only need to do every so many years), I got mine filled at Beerbelly for less.

Check out the following beer- clear from the keg, because I added about a teaspoon full of gelatine and left it alone for 2 weeks-

IMGP0176_640x480.jpg

Kittens are the best ever. I love kittens. Anyone with puppies is an idiot.

And NO, I don't own a pet shop. Although I did get my latest batch of kittens for $3.15 each from www.DeepFriedKittens.com - no affiliation.

Anyone got any good kitten recipes?

cute%20kitten(weee).jpg

peas_and_corn,

I am paying way too much for gas & rental is absurd. Where I am, I don't have many options & buying a 10kg cylinder would be darn expensive. I use the gas quite a bit, steralising beer lines, pushing water through them as well to rinse, gassing kegs, using gas for filtering, gas for cpbf, the list goes on. The cost of the gas is not a huge issue but the rental is shocking. I guess I looked at what I am currently doing & looked at bottling again with the sediment catchers into stubbies. Once initially paid for, there is no need for a capper, crown seals or any ongoing costs really. Around $300.00 odd dollars & I'm good to go. When in Brisbane, my cousins mate was also kegging his beer & once he used the sediment catchers he is not going to keg any more. I am kinda in his position now. I do like the convenience of steralising a single keg, a bit easier than mucking around with 60 odd bottles but kegging for me is getting a little expensive.

I like the look of your beer, nice work.

When you posted your advice on the sediment catchers, I took your for's & against into consideration. Advice from people using the product is what I am after. What I am not after, is people accusing me of being affiliated with the company which I am not. Once this happened, which you did as well, I retaliated. As far as being suspicious, please enlighten me on how this would affect you personally if I was the company front man, WHICH I AM NOT. Look at my profile page & make your own mind up from there. My cousins friend actually paid around $300.00 for 150 I believe. No free anything anywhere.
I asked for advice from people using them, not if you think I am a retail trader or affiliated member somehow.
To sum up, thank you for your advice on the catchers but you probably won't be able to offer me any more helpful advice unless you wish to continue accusing me of being tied to the company somehow.
If you that the time to read what I said you'll notice that I did not accuse you of anything, the least of which was "being affiliated with the company" what I said was, "almost every post you make seems like an advertisement", and as a result "You make it far too easy to be part of the skeptic police". As others said before me, you did that by making multiple threads about the product, when you had already "decided they are fantastic, even if you have no affiliation" but most importantly you did it by starting new topics - for not apparent reason - when you have known about them for more than 2 years.

Now to spend some more time to enlighten you. Of course it affects me personally if you were a company front man:
1) You'd be breaking the forum rules
2) You'd be participating in what I'd call a devious business practice by pretending to be an impartial customer when really you were just promoting your product - which is something that happens all-too-often on these and similar forums.
3) Most importantly for me, you'd be taking my comments - which as I said were provided on the basis of trying to help AHB members - you'd be taking my free time and my effort to reply, and you'd be using it to market your own product.
4) If you were associated with the company and were making the posts to promote your product you'd obviously have an invested interest and not really care what I thought or said as long as it promoted your product - in effect wasting my time and effort once again.

As a result, if that was true that you were a company front man, it would make me upset and feel used, both of which are very personal emotions that have negative connotations and effects.

Anyone got any good kitten recipes?
Not sure if it's all grain or not, but you might like this one:

manticle,

I will let everyone know what I think of them when I use them. I am now trying to figure out how to let you all know what I think without looking as though I am trying to sell them by raving & ranting if I like them. Maybe I should repeat the no affiliation thingy again & again & again.

Just keep it in the same thread. I think it's the multiple threads on the same thing that makes people wonder and you can possibly see their point, even if you don't like the way they made it.

manticle,

"Hi all,
Just back from visiting rello's in Brisbane & went to my cousins work mates house for a few All Grain beers. He is using the Brodie sediment catchers on all his bottles & has about 150 of them. He has a kegging system as well which he is getting rid of & is bottling exclusively from now on. I sampled a Pale ale, Irish red & JSGA clone from the kegerator & from the bottles using the Brodie sediment catchers. I can tell you first hand that the kegged beer is definately not as good as the bottled beer, no way.
Why is that?
Both samples were 4 weeks old & about 4 deg temp. Bottled beer was definately smoother & heaps better. He has done a lot of research on forced carbing vs natural bottle conditioning & he reckons the bottles win hands down. I am totally convinced he's right.
Looks like I may have a keg setup for sale.

Crusty "

So you have experienced them or not?You did say first hand in above quote!

Pretty confused with contradiction

hoohaaman,

I have tasted beer from a stubby that was primed using sugar & a sediment catcher was used on the bottle. I have not used them myself, mine should be here tomorrow. I sampled some kegged beers of the same batch, same age & carbonation level & I believe the bottled beer had a more mellow taste. I don't know why, thats how it tasted to me. Maybe it would be the same if capped regularly & poured into a glass. He is a fairly experienced brewer & I dont believe he has a problem kegging his beer.

Wolfy,

To let you know once again, once & for all, I do not have any affiliation with the Sed-Ex brewing company, I know nobody that works there or know anyone who does. If you feel I have offended you in any way I do apologise. I honestly am only after some advice from people who use them. I posted this several times in different threads as I couldn't get any responses from people using them, I even answered my own post quoting that seems like nobody using them is a bad sign. Does this honestly sound like someone trying to sell these things?
If I sell anything, it will be in the for sale section or the commercial section. Thanks though for the original advice on them & I have bought 6 of them to try out.

Crusty, I care not either way.

I do enjoy a nice beer, and cheese on a cracker ;)

I also like self flagellation type threads,especially with Chinese hops involved.

Apart from that,the boring theater,will get me brewing more :p

Crusty, I care not either way.

I do enjoy a nice beer, and cheese on a cracker ;)

I also like self flagellation type threads,especially with Chinese hops involved.

Apart from that,the boring theater,will get me brewing more :p

???????????????

I kinda dont get what you are saying here, sorry dude.

Hold on, you'd ditch kegging to use these???

WOW! I'll just leave my car in the driveway and take the horse to Coles.............

Hold on, you'd ditch kegging to use these???

WOW! I'll just leave my car in the driveway and take the horse to Coles.............

I haven't ditched my kegging setup. In fact I'm drinking a Pale Ale right now from the kegerator. Bloody awesome too.
I first enquired about these because after kegging, I usually end up with 3-4 litres of beer left over. If I bottle them, I dont want the sediment that comes with bottling, hence the sediment catchers. I don't see the point of bottling & then pouring it into a glass. A lot of people do this, & thats their choice. I'm not doing it though.

They way things are going you just might end up with that horse. The financial crisis is going to get worse, thats a certainty.

Once again though, another pointless post about the sediment catchers. You dont use them, have probably never even seen them & continue to post crap. Please go away & entertain yourself elsewhere. I need feedback from people using the catchers, not from somebody comparing cars to horses.

I have seen them on the New Inventers many years back, perhaps even before your first thread on them.....

I said to the wife at the time "They won't sell, price is too high, those who brew for cheap beer won't see the value, those who brew for quality don't drink beer from a bottle".

Why not simply jig your recipe to get the right amount for a full keg, you own a CPBF, seems like a rather mute point.

Plus it's rather late to be asking for feedback, you've already bought them??

Oh, and just so you know, the upkeep on a horse is more than a car, believe me I've owned both.

peas_and_corn,

I am paying way too much for gas & rental is absurd. Where I am, I don't have many options & buying a 10kg cylinder would be darn expensive. I use the gas quite a bit, steralising beer lines, pushing water through them as well to rinse, gassing kegs, using gas for filtering, gas for cpbf, the list goes on. The cost of the gas is not a huge issue but the rental is shocking. I guess I looked at what I am currently doing & looked at bottling again with the sediment catchers into stubbies. Once initially paid for, there is no need for a capper, crown seals or any ongoing costs really. Around $300.00 odd dollars & I'm good to go. When in Brisbane, my cousins mate was also kegging his beer & once he used the sediment catchers he is not going to keg any more. I am kinda in his position now. I do like the convenience of steralising a single keg, a bit easier than mucking around with 60 odd bottles but kegging for me is getting a little expensive.

I like the look of your beer, nice work.

c'mon...please...

Oh, and just so you know, the upkeep on a horse is more than a car, believe me I've owned both.

Wow,
Horse + vet + feed + upkeep = more than rego, greenslip, insurance, fuel, tyres etc per year.
Shit dude, you own Pharlaps brother or what?
You either have a thoroughbred horse or a shitbox car. My sister has two ex race horses that she adjists & running the car is way more expensive than keeping them.

Why not simply jig your recipe to get the right amount for a full keg, you own a CPBF, seems like a rather mute point.

Because I am paying too much for gas & hire of the bottle. I am looking at moving away from gas.

Plus it's rather late to be asking for feedback, you've already bought them??

Well feel free to stop posting in this thread.

Your advice has helped me by zero. It's been entertaining though. You only trash the product which you haven't personally used, you bagged the price & doomed the product before it gets off the ground & now speak for all the brewers who make cheap beer saying that it's too costly. No sediment in your bottle is well worth the $2.15 I believe.

Dead horses are cheap, I know a guy that pays $40 for a horse that is no longer suitable for much but dog meat.

Throw in a stick to beat it with (surely one could find that for free) and you have your dead horse to flog for less than the cost of 20 of these things......

Latest posts

Back