No More Sediment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't ditched my kegging setup. In fact I'm drinking a Pale Ale right now from the kegerator. Bloody awesome too.
I first enquired about these because after kegging, I usually end up with 3-4 litres of beer left over. If I bottle them, I dont want the sediment that comes with bottling, hence the sediment catchers. I don't see the point of bottling & then pouring it into a glass. A lot of people do this, & thats their choice. I'm not doing it though.

Beats head against brick wall, repeatedly. :rolleyes:

So the entire basis of this thread is due to crusty not making the simple leap of logic that if instead of brewing 23L batches, he could brew 19L and not bottle the remaining 3-4L therefore not having sediment in his bottles.

Goes back to beating head against said wall.

Dead horses are cheap, I know a guy that pays $40 for a horse that is no longer suitable for much but dog meat.

Throw in a stick to beat it with (surely one could find that for free) and you have your dead horse to flog for less than the cost of 20 of these things......

Down here when a horse dies we ring the Mogo Zoo (the one with the white lions breeding program) - they come and take away a dead horse for free! After Moruya races last Saturday, I spotted a few likely future lion droppings.

Seems a lot of excitement here over sweet FA. Really can't work out why some of you blokes are getting worked up about, kegging, botttling, sediment catchers!

Hasn't anyone worked out that if you store your long necks upright and pour the lot into a glass (or jug even - but I like big glasses) you can pour a beer that is nice and clear?

What the f%ck is wrong with you people?

B)

Hasn't anyone worked out that if you store your long necks upright and pour the lot into a glass (or jug even - but I like big glasses) you can pour a beer that is nice and clear?

Not sure much is wrong with most 'people' commenting here, the majority agree, and follow your advice (I like big glasses too).
I mentioned your 'clear beer procedure' earlier in this thread, however the OP does not like the idea, would rather swill his beer directly from the bottle, does not want to use Smurto's volume-reducing-mathematics-logic, and has a need to try and convince himself he has to spend money on sediment reducers ... all of which resulted in most other 'people' jumping to the conclusion that he was somehow associated with the product ... I think it's a boring-news-day.

Dead horses are cheap, I know a guy that pays $40 for a horse that is no longer suitable for much but dog meat.

Throw in a stick to beat it with (surely one could find that for free) and you have your dead horse to flog for less than the cost of 20 of these things......

:icon_offtopic:

That is pure unadulterated comedy gold! Others in the office are wondering why I have just burst out laughing.

Hijack over.

I haven't ditched my kegging setup. In fact I'm drinking a Pale Ale right now from the kegerator. Bloody awesome too.
I first enquired about these because after kegging, I usually end up with 3-4 litres of beer left over. If I bottle them, I dont want the sediment that comes with bottling, hence the sediment catchers. I don't see the point of bottling & then pouring it into a glass. A lot of people do this, & thats their choice. I'm not doing it though.

They way things are going you just might end up with that horse. The financial crisis is going to get worse, thats a certainty.

Once again though, another pointless post about the sediment catchers. You dont use them, have probably never even seen them & continue to post crap. Please go away & entertain yourself elsewhere. I need feedback from people using the catchers, not from somebody comparing cars to horses.

In your OP you mentioned you were thinking about ditching your kegging setup for these, it's why people are talking as if you want to ditch your kegging setup.

And seriously, you are losing a lot of aroma if you drink out of the bottle.

Phillip,

Your post was again very sales like.

After re- reading this post, I am trying to sell what? Co2 cylinders, bottles, supply you with gas? You really have some issues dude. Your mind is made up I'm trying to sell these things somehow. Thanks again for you advice, it's been entertaining if nothing else.

Fatgodzilla,

Seems a lot of excitement here over sweet FA. Really can't work out why some of you blokes are getting worked up about, kegging, botttling, sediment catchers!

Couldn't agree more. What the hell is wrong with some people. I bottled beer for years & am aware that pouring into a glass would be fine, but I am at a BBQ & I would rather drink from the bottle, preferably with no sediment.

Pollux,

A dead horse thread but you insist on posting here. Go figure.

DrSmurto,

Beats head against brick wall, repeatedly

Please be careful. I use quite a few of your recipes & find them fantastic.

Wolfy,

all of which resulted in most other 'people' jumping to the conclusion that he was somehow associated with the product ... I think it's a boring-news-day.

Boring news day? Why the hell are you still here? Please change channels.

I would like to thank all those people who posted on this thread with helpful advice.
To those of you that post for the hell of it & rant & rave & bag something that you have no interest in or intend using yourself, even to the extent of trying to turn others off purchaing them, I would like to say a special thank you to you. Although your posts were uninformative, helpless, suggestive & impulsive, I must admit they held great entertainment value.
To set the record straight, I am not going to sell my kegging setup. I will continue to brew single batch 23 litre brews & use the sediment catchers for the few litres that I get left over.
To those of you who quickly point the finger & accuse people of doing something that is completely false, I work for Australia Post. I deliver mail. We don't sell sediment catchers.

So, I've read the entire thousand pages.
I'm confused, do I buy these from Crusty or youtube or someones cousin that works for Fed-Sex?
And where can I get a dead horse?
Also is there a keg system for sale or not? Do I need bottles to use these?
mckenry

So, I've read the entire thousand pages.
I'm confused, do I buy these from Crusty or youtube or someones cousin that works for Fed-Sex?
And where can I get a dead horse?
Also is there a keg system for sale or not? Do I need bottles to use these?
mckenry
From what I understand you only use the bottles if you don't want the sediment in the keg?

I for one am a bit upset, my new dead horse was just delivered and didnt come with a stick.

Be careful :huh:

I don't understand.

You can fix this problem you have with sediment by reducing your batch size from 23L to 19L.

It really is quite simple.

Its a cheaper solution than the one you have proposed.

My method costs you $0.

Your method costs you $2 per sediment reducer.

Cheers
DrSmurto

p.s. I am not trying to have a go at you, I just don't get why you are making your life more difficult than it needs to be.

Wow,
Three new posters with nothing intelligent to say. Keep up the good work boys. Your advanced knowledge base is really shining through at the end of this thread. Did you pm each other & work out who was going to say what in their post. Read it more carefully mckenry, if you concentrate you will work it out, eventually.

DrSmurto,

Be careful :huh:

I don't understand.

You can fix this problem you have with sediment by reducing your batch size from 23L to 19L.

It really is quite simple.

Its a cheaper solution than the one you have proposed.

My method costs you $0.

Your method costs you $2 per sediment reducer.

Cheers
DrSmurto

p.s. I am not trying to have a go at you, I just don't get why you are making your life more difficult than it needs to be.

Doc,

I was referring to your post mentioning you hitting your head against the wall.

I have previously adjusted my recipe in BeerTools to get approximately 19 litres in the keg. I got fairly close. I purposely do 23 litre batches so I can take some to BBQ's etc & have bottled them with the normal procedure. What I am looking at is moving away from the kegs & doing all my batches via bottling. This is why I was looking into the sediment catchers. I want to swill from the stubbies.

Seriously whos gives a shit. Crusty if you want them buy them. Give em a go. If they work well report back. If you choose to drink from a stubby thats your choice too. I drink from a stubby also at times - cause its not always practical to pour a beer into a glass when your out for a barby in the park with some mates.

Perhaps the fact that you've bought this same product up 3 times is why people are suspicious of your motives. Hopefully everyone is wrong and your posting about these items purely is innocent - but generally when something smells like shit theres usually a turd close by.

Seriously whos gives a shit. Crusty if you want them buy them. Give em a go. If they work well report back. If you choose to drink from a stubby thats your choice too. I drink from a stubby also at times - cause its not always practical to pour a beer into a glass when your out for a barby in the park with some mates.

Perhaps the fact that you've bought this same product up 3 times is why people are suspicious of your motives. Hopefully everyone is wrong and your posting about these items purely is innocent - but generally when something smells like shit theres usually a turd close by.
It could be the dead horse, especially if has been flogged with a stick!!

Komodo,

For the now third time, look at the two previous posts & the time between them. Not one person gave me any useful feedback on what they thought. I couldn't seem to find anyone using them.
The last post was brought up because I saw for myself what they looked like & how they were working. I was pleasantly surprised.
I will definately report back on what I think of them & try to avoid the accusation squad in the process.

beerforal,

Your lack of intelligence is burning so bright. Maybe you could quote that same post in another couple of threads later down the track & hope somebody finds it amusing. You have no input to add on the sediment catchers.
If you can't add anything in relation to the catchers & continually post off topic crap, please go away & use your wealth of knowledge elsewhere. Somebody on here may find you ammusing. I am tired of people like you on this forum who continually post & hijack threads & offer nothing.
NOTHING DUDE.
BE GONE!

I'll buy whatever your selling. They sound like a great idea!

I love new inventors too - shame is missed that episode. Keep on inventing!

JestersDarts,

Here it is just for you. I watched it about 4 or 5 times & couldn't find myself there. Maybe you could spot me.

If I have anything for sale air head it'll be in the appropriate section.

You southerners are a suspicious little bunch aren't you.

Last edited by a moderator:
slaps his forehead
I missed so much after only being away 2 days. Is the 4-5 pages worth reading? :p I got to page 3 and had enough!

ps, i`m not buying any.

BribieG, yeah its sorted, used it now a few times and putting CPBF side by side with yeast conditioned for extended conditioning, and have a look see at the results. Cheers for the help :super:

Back