No More Sediment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for off topic but how are people storing their CPBF beers.? Is it possible to fill from keg using the CPBF then store in cupboard? Or do they need to be stored in the fridge and if so how long are they keeping carbed up?

Brad

They are sealed containers, they don't leak. ;)

edit: reply deleted. not worth it

have fun with your thread

My website is dontpostifuhavenoidea.com

facepalm.gif

that is a bad choice for a website...I don't think anyone would want to go to your online store, no wonder you need to do these sort of threads...

Wow, that's actually your third thread on the same topic since you joined....I'm impressed that you can still try to claim no affiliation.....

The reality is, they are a great product, but too expensive. I also dislike swigging from a bottle, unless it's a beer that's tasteless anyway....

Perhaps these would be good for brewers who brew substandard beers and want to be able to hide the aroma of their brew?? A cheaper option would be a couple of good solid beer mugs, and a plastic beer jug, throw them both in the esky and it's job done.

Or do as I do if taking beer to others, simply dial the reg right back, vent the keg, attach a bronco tap, stick the end in a bottle then slowly turn the reg up until the beer is just flowing through, no loss of carbonation using this technique so far, and beer that could hypothetically be swigged from a bottle.

Phillip,

Thats the claytons website, you know, the website you have when you don't have a website. I honestly have no affiliation with the Sed-Ex company, I swear. I don't believe they have ever posted on here, they may not of even heard of this forum, I don't know. As I stated, I have ordered 6 of them & I will give them a go & decide for myself. I have a cpbf that I use to fill Grolsh bottles, but wanted to use smaller twist top bottles & didn't really want to bother with cappers & caps. I saw the Brodies in action on the weekend & I guess I was pretty impressed with the simplicity & how they worked. I'm just paying far too much for gas here. If I offended anyone with my replies, I do apologise but I get extremely pissed at people pointing the finger & accusing me of something I'm not doing, whether it looks like it or not. A simple PM & a phone conversation would be a better approach than wild & untrue accusations.

Pollux,

Don't be part of the sceptic police, there is already too many of them on here. I do use a cpbf but I need a capper & caps for my twist tops. I looked at the Brodies as another solution for not needing the capper & caps, so no on going expenses.

A capper is what $50? Caps are roughly 3c each if you buy 100 at a time from a HBS.

These means for $53 you can cap 100 bottles, now if you were to use these magic sediment thingys that retail at what? $2 a piece? That same 100 bottles now costs you $200......

This means you would need to recap the bottles 50 times before you be ahead with the sediment reducers. That's 5,000 bottles of beer consumed.

You make it far too easy to be part of the skeptic police, not only have you made multiple threads almost every post you make seems like an advertisement for the company, you ignore any negative comments and try to twist everything into a good perspective. Why you didn't just order the things, use them and decide for yourself 2 years ago, I don't know - because it's blatantly obvious that you've decided they are fantastic, even if you have no affiliation.

you ignore any negative comments and try to twist everything into a good perspective.

Maybe I'm trying to convince myself that these things are worth it. I have ignored nothing. I have taken the good points with the bad.

Why you didn't just order the things, use them and decide for yourself

I have ordered 6 of them, should be here tomorrow.

Do you really think that if I had any affiliation with the company I would be posting any form of advertisement on here. NO. I would be posting on the retail or for sale thread. I'm not new to the forum bozo.

One thing that really gets my blood boiling is who gives you the right to attack me & accuse me of somehow sneakely trying to sell items on the forum, I'm not into that shit. If I was selling them, I would be offering them to people really cheap to get them out there. Seems a little odd that these heve been out for quite a few years & a commercial post has not been offered. Are you somehow personally affected by somebody doing this? I am fully aware of the rules & guidelines. Does it somehow make you feel better attacking somebody & tossing wild accusations around. Get your facts straight. Ring the company & ask if they have heard of me. they wouldn't know who the hell I am. How on earth does multiple threads affect you? It doesn't. Read those threads again. I got no feedback or decent advice on them. You are a very suspicious bloke mate. I better be careful about asking any more questions on BOC gas too, I may be affiliated with them as well. Grow up.

I seen them advertised a while ago and thought they'd be a good idea but were a little pricey.

I even d/l the Youtube Craig Tube review on the caps and watched it. While watching it I realised that if I bottled with these reducers, then it would be a further thing I would have to clean and sanitise. Enough time is spent cleaning and sanitising with bottling as it is.

Also 50% of my bottles are crown seal and I also have some Coopers PET for my ginger beer, so I couldn't use them for this.

To sum up, I think the sediment reducers would be a waste and time and money for me.

But that's not to say they aren't useful for someone else.

I bottle exclusively and like some others have suggested in this thread, I have refined my brewing technique to lessen the sediment in my bottles. It is down to a point that you can almost get most of the beer out of the bottle without sediment.

Crusty,
Hang in there. As you know, there are always clowns in every circus and this forum have their fair share.
Sometimes you just have to wade through the bullsh*t and not listen to the w#nkers to get the answers you seek.

At last,
Someone with some common sense. Thanks for your advice Barley Belly & to those who posted thier views. I have taken into account the negatives & the positives & am trying out some shortly, as soon as they get here. I too have been in contact with Craig on youtube & he highly recommends them. The price is a lot better than a couple of years back & they are offering them for around $2.15 ea if you buy 150. A little dearer if you buy smaller quantities. The site is infested with sceptics. I would hate to be a new member & cop the accusations flying around. I think mods need to PM some of these people & remind them of the forum guidelines.

Some of the attacks here seem a bit silly, it's ok to question if someone is affiliated but to attack them without proof is quite rude.

Crusty, I'd still be looking at your (or your mate's) process if there's a massive difference. As I didn't see a response to my original questions, how are you filling the kegs and what are you doing to avoid oxygenation? Personally I wonder if this is the difference you're seeing and it's something that can be corrected when kegging. Filtration (if not done correctly) can be another potential point of problems with oxygenation, even though they remove the sediment. Bottle conditioning is much more forgiving of mistakes as the yeast will clean up some of the extra oxygen introduced after the initial fermentation.

Also, in regards to the sediment when naturally carbonating kegs I've found that the first few glasses are cloudy but from then on it's fine unless you're moving it around.

At the end of the day, if you're making and drinking good beer then that's all that matters.

I think mods need to PM some of these people & remind them of the forum guidelines.

cant help myself. pray tell which of the guidelines has been broken? ive just reread them for shits and giggles and cant see a single one been breeched.
PS. this is retorical. none have been broken.
Glad u like your reducers. happy brewing.

BB - settle. plenty of retailers or affiliated people have touted their wares or affiliated wares under the cloak of non-affiliation or non-retailer. just becasue someone questions that, doesnt make them a clown, just wary.

re the gas bottle rental I mentioned. - here is the link to the threads i was talking about. otherwise mykegonlegs gas bottles seem to be the cheapest option if you want to buy a bottle (other than modifying a fire extingusher).

If you come on to a home brew forum spruiking a product in a sales way you are just asking for some skepticism...but then to get angry about it? It is like wearing a very colourful suit to someones funeral and getting upset because people are looking at you funny...

Maybe I'm trying to convince myself that these things are worth it. I have ignored nothing. I have taken the good points with the bad.
I have ordered 6 of them, should be here tomorrow.

Do you really think that if I had any affiliation with the company I would be posting any form of advertisement on here. NO. I would be posting on the retail or for sale thread. I'm not new to the forum bozo.

One thing that really gets my blood boiling is who gives you the right to attack me & accuse me of somehow sneakely trying to sell items on the forum, I'm not into that shit. If I was selling them, I would be offering them to people really cheap to get them out there. Seems a little odd that these heve been out for quite a few years & a commercial post has not been offered. Are you somehow personally affected by somebody doing this? I am fully aware of the rules & guidelines. Does it somehow make you feel better attacking somebody & tossing wild accusations around. Get your facts straight. Ring the company & ask if they have heard of me. they wouldn't know who the hell I am. How on earth does multiple threads affect you? It doesn't. Read those threads again. I got no feedback or decent advice on them. You are a very suspicious bloke mate. I better be careful about asking any more questions on BOC gas too, I may be affiliated with them as well. Grow up.
Since you quoted my reply as part of your tirade, I must assume that you're responding to something I've said.
Unlike yourself (and probably others who have replied) I have the product and have used it for more than a year now - so as per your request - I provided my feedback, comments and opinions in two of the three threads you have started on this same topic.
Then when I make the observation that "almost every post you make seems like an advertisement for the company" it's an attack on you, I need to "Grow up" and I'm a "very suspicious bloke", perhaps you should take a look at how you have approached the whole issue, because it's blatantly obvious that I'm not the only one who feels that your comments have an element of company advertising, and nor have I done anything to attack you personally other than to suggest that your posts "seem like an advertisement".

As for how it affects me, since I have used the product, I spent time and effort to provide my honest opinion and feedback in two of your threads, I did that to help you and other AHB members assess if this product is something that they might find useful and wish to purchase. But then as soon as I make a suggestion as to what your posts "seem like" you go on an all out rant and tirade to attack me.
From my opinion - which I have every right to express - such a rant does nothing to make believe that your comments are completely unbiased, maybe the association is via friends/family, maybe your "cousins work mate" got them free, I don't know or care, however, especially when you start threads asking for what people think about a product, that does not stop me expressing my opinion both on the product and on the fact that from the way I read it "almost every post you make seems like an advertisement for the company".
If you genuinely have no association with the company or product, maybe you should look at how you ask for help or express yourself in the future, because it's obvious that I'm not alone in my feelings, and nor am I the most suspicious of those who have posted here.

Daemon,

After transferring from the secondary fermenter to the keg, slowly & via gravity, I burp the keg & chill overnight. The next morning I transfer from keg to keg via a 1 micron absolute filter. I also do this at the required kpa & quite slowly. I am very careful as to avoid any splashing or oxidation of any kind. I am referring to the taste of my cousins mates beer as kind of mellow & really smooth. I guess it's hard to compare as the kegged beer ususlly doesnt sit round for the same time as the bottled stuff so a fair comparison may not be valid. Both beers though were 4 weeks old.

CM2,

Great to have you back with your helpful advice. Almost every post you submitted apart from your last, is a personal attack & an accusation against me. I started this thread to try & find someone who can give me some feedback on their experience using them. I dont have them yet, they should be here tomorrow. If you cant offer any advice without attacking me, go post somewhere else, I'm not really interested in your verbal attacks.

Phillip,

You obviously don't work in sales or you would see the difference. If this was a sales pitch I would of got the sack. If I did own the company, quite a few of you would of been given some to try out which would probably help out the business. But as I don't own the company or even personally know who does, I bought some to try out. As far as raving & spruking about a product thats seems to be the answer to no more sediment in bottled beer, well I guess I'm guilty. You too need to post somewhere else as you don't know squat about them & can't give me any feedback. I'm not angry at all, just bewildered that you think this is my company. I darn wish it was.

Wolfy,

When you posted your advice on the sediment catchers, I took your for's & against into consideration. Advice from people using the product is what I am after. What I am not after, is people accusing me of being affiliated with the company which I am not. Once this happened, which you did as well, I retaliated. As far as being suspicious, please enlighten me on how this would affect you personally if I was the company front man, WHICH I AM NOT. Look at my profile page & make your own mind up from there. My cousins friend actually paid around $300.00 for 150 I believe. No free anything anywhere.
I asked for advice from people using them, not if you think I am a retail trader or affiliated member somehow.
To sum up, thank you for your advice on the catchers but you probably won't be able to offer me any more helpful advice unless you wish to continue accusing me of being tied to the company somehow.

just becasue someone questions that, doesnt make them a clown, just wary.

Wasn't actually calling anyone a clown, it was more a figure of speech.

If I had to describe some of the members I've personally come up against or seen newbies come up against on this forum, I assure you I'd be using a lot more colourful terms.

As I've mentioned on this forum previously, if you don't have anything constructive, be it positive or negative, to say, then keep it to yourself.

Maybe the mods could set up a UFC style section where you could just no holds barred tear up anyone who posts in it.

If someone is actually asking for help/advice, then help or advise. Novel idea IMHO.

Just a thought ;)

Wasn't actually calling anyone a clown, it was more a figure of speech.

If I had to describe some of the members I've personally come up against or seen newbies come up against on this forum, I assure you I'd be using a lot more colourful terms.

As I've mentioned on this forum previously, if you don't have anything constructive, be it positive or negative, to say, then keep it to yourself.

Maybe the mods could set up a UFC style section where you could just no holds barred tear up anyone who posts in it.

If someone is actually asking for help/advice, then help or advise. Novel idea IMHO.

Just a thought ;)

This forum is the least bitchy, most noob friendly one I've come across actually. Being the internet, there's bound to be a few run-ins every so often but asking someone why they're posting multiple threads with the same purpose over several years is far from the most vitriolic online behaviour I've seen. Check out some music forums from time to time.

Maybe you all just need to drink some beer, possibly in the loungeroom and away from the computer?

Crusty - when they arrive let us know if you think they're worth it.

Back