Newsflash, Sydney man buys crappy brewery and shed and makes the news

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grafton man buys nice big shed to build brewery...also comes with a 4b House.

It is such a confusing article. It makes them look like they are really producing beer commercially.

'She looks after the money, marketing and of course, quality control."

‘It’s a lot nicer than what you get in your commercial pub, that’s for sure,” she said.
“There’s a huge market (for craft beer) in Sydney ... I think it’s a really exciting time in the industry.”

"What started as a kegerator, a shed, an a whole micro-brewery fit out is now a blossoming beer empire."

Then you look at his setup or indeed lack of setup and wonder how they actually produced the beer.

Where is the HLT?

What about a Mash Tun.

Seems to be missing a rims or herms or something to control the mash tun temperature.

Maybe its a very large BIAB.

What about a mill?

No brew stand, pumps, control panel or even something to heat the kettle.

I can't see any temperature control devices.

Just a Blichmann pot and a conical and a few kegs. If there was anything else you would think they would be proudly showing the media.

When I see some of the beautiful used brewery setups being sold on this site for a few thousand it just makes the whole thing look like a pretty hopeless comedy.

But they seem to be happy so probably thats a good result.

I call bullshit on the article. I bet he is just a home brewer who has a mate who is a lazy journalist

There is no way on gods earth that council would approve that setup

And where is the ATO bonds store which should have higher security than Pentridge

I call bullshit on the article. I bet he is just a home brewer who has a mate who is a lazy journalist
I thought so too until I heard there were multiple media outlets reporting on it. It's beyond me.

I thought so too until I heard there were multiple media outlets reporting on it. It's beyond me.

Oh..if its reported by multiple media outlets then that makes it bona fide ...sorry... I just jumped to a conclusion based on only 1 report. Silly me

My guess is that this guy has approached all these media outlets with his story (how else would they have come to know about it?) in his vain attempt to drum up excitement about his "new venture" so his wife doesn't leave him for spending their savings on a home brewery.

To his credit though, the story definitely got out there. For a day

A lot of journalism these days is cut and paste from somewhere else, shits me to tears that they can’t come up with their own stories. What also shits me is the poor spelling and grammar constantly, which is also cut and pasted without correction.

all i saw was 50lt kegs, yet a twin tap keggerator that can only hold one of those kegs....

anywho back to living my own life...

Yes I no bad, gramma an spelling an puctureation reelly annoys me.
And Hippocrits.

9700_4997_654_Drabik_939.gif

My .02c

I’ll get back in my box then.

Edit: To be clear I was referring to poor grammar & spelling by journalists.

If hes got such an amazing setup which he uses to supply the Sydney crowd... why are all the photos of his equipment dragged out on the lawn rather than inside his shed?? Surely a set up brewery with milling area, bottling area etc would make for better pics than lawn ornaments.

Latest posts

Back