Newby Needs Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossf1966

Reaction score
Hi all, not sure if in correct place....but just getting started.

I recently became the proud Father of 4 Kegs, Co2 bottle and various sundries. I have already kegged up a brew and it is drinking well, so thanks to the posts by so many that I trawled through to try to come to grips with the process.

Now, to the help. 2 of the kegs I have are old Rheem Coke kegs with the bayonet pin lock fittings. They are in OK condition and I have managed to buy seals to survive for a while before I change the posts to ball lock types. The issue is with the Poppet valves. They are the type that has a plate holding it in and a circlip. I want to change the seals, but don't know what to use to do this, ie: Top hat seals etc.

Any advice or pics would help..... I can upload pics if necessary,

happy drinking, Rossf1966

Hi all, not sure if in correct place....but just getting started.

I recently became the proud Father of 4 Kegs, Co2 bottle and various sundries. I have already kegged up a brew and it is drinking well, so thanks to the posts by so many that I trawled through to try to come to grips with the process.

Now, to the help. 2 of the kegs I have are old Rheem Coke kegs with the bayonet pin lock fittings. They are in OK condition and I have managed to buy seals to survive for a while before I change the posts to ball lock types. The issue is with the Poppet valves. They are the type that has a plate holding it in and a circlip. I want to change the seals, but don't know what to use to do this, ie: Top hat seals etc.

Any advice or pics would help..... I can upload pics if necessary,

happy drinking, Rossf1966

Mate, Its been an hour and no reply so Ill bump and just suggest you contact kegs suppliers. There are a few about the place and spares seem readily available.
No details there on where you are etc, the sponsors above carry various bits and pieces as too do on line keg suppliers. I'm sure a quick google will help with someone local.
Daz

Back