Newbie : Temperature Control

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaelicWA

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Ive just started out with a Coopers kit and am slowly gaining an understanding the homebrew process reading this great forum.

I'm looking at setting up a temperature control system and am looking at purchasing one of these.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AC-220-240V-Dig...c#ht_2074wt_816

A few questions I have...

1. Some of these items differ as in some say DC12V, other say AC120v and others like above say AC-240V. For Australia, which once should I be looking out for? I am guessing the 240V.
  2. Will something like this be able to be used on a fridge during the summer - and then switched over to a heat pad during winter?

Are there any other pros / cons I should consider?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
image.jpg

You would be better off getting one of these and hook it up your fridge as well as a heat pad which is inside your fridge. No need to switch. The controller will maintain the set temperature through heating AND cooling.

Edit: Check this thread

A mate of mine bought one of those by mistake and gave it to me to wire up for him. One thing to note is the contact were rated at 5amps, not the 10 that a stc-1000 is, and there is only one switched output on it.

hey GaelicWA,

is your fridge inside or outside?

i have an stc-1000 that is wired up to do cooling only that i could be convinced to part with. With some small modifications, I could add a socket for heating quite easily.

(its only spare cos i made another one in a larger box that does heating and cooling)

mark

Latest posts

Back